Side effects of 10,000mcg of folate?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
If a dietary supplement had, among other things, 10,000mcg of folate, what would be some of the side effects of taking it consistently? I always "hear" the folate supplementation is risky to begin with. but 10,000.... just seems dangerously high?

broons

Awards
  • Established
Immediate effects I could think off the bat could be anxiety, panic attacks, possibly depression.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
If a dietary supplement had, among other things, 10,000mcg of folate, what would be some of the side effects of taking it consistently? I always "hear" the folate supplementation is risky to begin with. but 10,000.... just seems dangerously high?

this is what google is for.

i am for things u cannot easily find on google. that is, if they are things i know. and this isnt one of them anyway

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
this is what google is for.

i am for things u cannot easily find on google. that is, if they are things i know. and this isnt one of them anyway
I guess my question/statement was more rhetorical, in that, unless I screwed up somewhere in my googling, 10,000 seems unnecessarily dangerous... It is a product for skin treatment, but regardless, I think my conclusion of "it is stupidly dangerous" is to be correct?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I guess my question/statement was more rhetorical, in that, unless I screwed up somewhere in my googling, 10,000 seems unnecessarily dangerous... It is a product for skin treatment, but regardless, I think my conclusion of "it is stupidly dangerous" is to be correct?
if its for the skin then thats completely differnent. probably not much will penetrate if its formulated for skin treatment

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
if its for the skin then thats completely differnent. probably not much will penetrate if its formulated for skin treatment
This will probably make it easier...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I highly doubt there would be any ill effects at that dose unless you lack the enzymes necessary to break down folic acid.

RD929

Awards
Increased risk of being able to impregnate your wife/girlfriend if you are trying to...

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
This will probably make it easier...

i thought you meant topical when you said for skin. why are u interested in this anyway, its nothing special