Should I use less test on my last week so I can start PCT sooner?

• Thread starter bouldershoulders
  • Start date
barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, it doesn't.

... If it did, it would make More sense to take zero Test on the last week.
this, if anything you can switch to shorter ester to help clear out test at a faster rate. switch to Test prop of the last 2-3 weeks. by PCT, previous enanthate or cyp ester would start to clear out. BTW it takes 2 months for enantake/cyp to clear.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Testosterone has a half life, it tapers off on its own. After your last injection wait about 3 weeks and start pct. I'm not sure why anyone would wanna start pct sooner, it's the worst part of the cycle lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you really wanted to wait till 100% of the drug cleared it's approximately 5 times the half life. So if test has say 7 day half life, there's going to be exogenous testosterone in your system for at least 35 days minium. The higher the dose you're on the longer it takes to clear out.

Generally speaking two weeks after the last shot is too short , it's old internet bro science for PCT. 3 weeks to a month would be better. That's why I feel like it makes more sense to finish cycles with an oral instead of starting them with one so you can overlap it for a couple weeks after your last shot while the test clears and you're still on cycle making gains.

When I used to PCT my best ones were waiting 2 weeks after my last test injection and then starting HCG @1000iu eod for 5 shots "10 days" that puts you at 24 days post test and then start my clomid. If I wasn't using HCG I just wait 3 weeks and start the clomid or nolva, whatever you're using.

bouldershoulders

Awards
No, it doesn't.

well the more you take the longer it takes to leave your system. A few cruise weeks would be out quicker than if u did 500-1000mg. So you’d need to wait longer with a higher dose

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
well the more you take the longer it takes to leave your system. A few cruise weeks would be out quicker than if u did 500-1000mg. So you’d need to wait longer with a higher dose
.... And we know that it takes more Anabolics, not less, the longer we're on cycle.
So you'd be prolonging your shutdown longer for little or no reason.
So like I said ... You'd be better off Stopping the cycle, than lowering dosages.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
.... And we know that it takes more Anabolics, not less, the longer we're on cycle.
So you'd be prolonging your shutdown longer for little or no reason.
So like I said ... You'd be better off Stopping the cycle, than lowering dosages.
The only scenario where I see dropping to a cruise before pct being benificial is "maybe" if your going to cruise for a long time after a cut cycle where you got absolutely shredded, then cruise 6-8 weeks while slowly increasing your food In a fashion like someone would do coming out of a show. But let's be real here. There's probably 5 people or less on this forum who are getting pealed like that and the rest of us are usually finishing there cut at 10-15% bodyfat. But running a 12 week cycle or something like that and on week 10 reducing your dose is not going to make pct come faster or sooner. It will slow down the decline in testosterone.

Example.
If your running 500per week with a drug that has a 7 day half life. The next week there's still 250 left over and you add 500 more so below is the amount of testosterone building up each week.
And so on. At week 10 you have 3000mg of testosterone in your system. Every 7 days without a shot that number cuts in half
Even on week 4 your technically on a trt dose still.

But if at week 10 you dropped to a cruise dose your still adding more testosterone to your body and that is going to slow down the elimination of the drug. So if you cruise 150

7 days after you stop the 500
1500 + the 150=1650

7days after that 825 + another 150=975

And so on.

Your better off stoping test completely for the fastest decline in hormones

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Seeing how I spent the time writing all that down I wanna throw 1 more thing in for guys that blast and cruise.

When you go to a cruise, you want to get back to a trt dose as fast as possible so you can get your bloodwork back in check.

So you wouldn't want to go from 500 a week right back to trt.

You should go a month without a injection and around that time your basically going to have a trt dose of test left in you and now you start your cruise. At least if you want to get back to normal as fast as possible.

If you went from 500 straight back to 150 or whatever your trt is, it would be approximately 6 -7 weeks before your actually on trt because you kept adding more of the hormone.

Now I will be honest, I don't do that. I skip 1 week and go back to my trt dose. But if you were on a cycle and you wanted to get everything in order as fast as possible you should go about 4 weeks with no injections before starting your trt dose

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a much better understanding now thanks. Been doing it wrong.

I normally blast at 400 then stop 14-16 days before bloods. I normally post like a 400-500.

Even when I'm cruising at trt (200) I have to watch when bloods are because I know that has to have me above normal.

I think next shot I'm going with 150.
I think I look much leaner stronger on a fucking cruise anyway.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have a much better understanding now thanks. Been doing it wrong.

I normally blast at 400 then stop 14-16 days before bloods. I normally post like a 400-500.

Even when I'm cruising at trt (200) I have to watch when bloods are because I know that has to have me above normal.

I think next shot I'm going with 150.
I think I look much leaner stronger on a fucking cruise anyway.
I feel like for the last 20 years everyone's been saying wait 2 weeks and start PCT with no rhyme or reason behind it. So if you got blood 2 weeks after and your levels came back at 500, that's not your testosterone levels that's the exogenous testosterone registering at 500

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I realized that now with your post.

I need to let it all clear for what a month..
Then do bloods, then again two weeks after my first trt dose correct?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I realized that now with your post.

I need to let it all clear for what a month..
Then do bloods, then again two weeks after my first trt dose correct?
If you wanted to be 100% positive then yes you could do that, but in my opinion, after 3-4 weeks it should be low enough that you could start pct no problem or go to trt. As with everything hormonal blood work is the only way to be 100% positive. And if 400 test is your blast I would highly doubt that's going to do any serious damage to your health, if any at all. If you got bloods 3 weeks after your last pin you should have a good enough understanding of where everything's at and know what you should do

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm definitely not an expert on any of this, my knowledge is more from trial and error with a little bit of science mixed in

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The only scenario where I see dropping to a cruise before pct being benificial is "maybe" if your going to cruise for a long time after a cut cycle where you got absolutely shredded, then cruise 6-8 weeks while slowly increasing your food In a fashion like someone would do coming out of a show. But let's be real here. There's probably 5 people or less on this forum who are getting pealed like that and the rest of us are usually finishing there cut at 10-15% bodyfat. But running a 12 week cycle or something like that and on week 10 reducing your dose is not going to make pct come faster or sooner. It will slow down the decline in testosterone.

Example.
If your running 500per week with a drug that has a 7 day half life. The next week there's still 250 left over and you add 500 more so below is the amount of testosterone building up each week.
And so on. At week 10 you have 3000mg of testosterone in your system. Every 7 days without a shot that number cuts in half
Even on week 4 your technically on a trt dose still.

But if at week 10 you dropped to a cruise dose your still adding more testosterone to your body and that is going to slow down the elimination of the drug. So if you cruise 150

7 days after you stop the 500
1500 + the 150=1650

7days after that 825 + another 150=975

And so on.

Your better off stoping test completely for the fastest decline in hormones
First, great advice in this thread and you're giving people good direction on how to think about these things, once again.

Just touching the mathematic part a bit in your example scenario. With the 7 day half life, wouldn't there allways be only half of the amount left of what was left of the pin 7 days ago?

Meaning:
1. 500
2. 250+500=750
3. 125+250+500=875
4. 62,5+125+250+500=937,5
5. 31,25+62,5+125+250+500=968,75
And so on. Basically hitting a 1 000 at 12th week and never really going up from that (the increment is so low)

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
First, great advice in this thread and you're giving people good direction on how to think about these things, once again.

Just touching the mathematic part a bit in your example scenario. With the 7 day half life, wouldn't there allways be only half of the amount of what was left of the pin 7 days ago?

Meaning:
1. 500
2. 250+500=750
3. 125+250+500=875
4. 62,5+125+250+500=937,5
5. 31,25+62,5+125+250+500=968,75
And so on. Basically hitting a 1 000 at 12th week and never really going up from that (the increment is so low)
Actually your numbers are 100% right, that's why it takes 4 to 5 weeks to reach peak levels. I just spit out some numbers real quick to give an idea of how it builds up. Good catch

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Actually your numbers are 100% right, that's why it takes 4 to 5 weeks to reach peak levels. I just spit out some numbers real quick to give an idea of how it builds up. Good catch
Even so if you're at a thousand on your last pin, it's going to cut itself in half each week you don't use it, so on week 4 your still on a low "ish" trt dose of 125. And if you continue with trt from there it should be steady unless your cruising on 250 like so many people do, then you could probably start a week earlier.

If he's blasting on 400mg then 4 weeks post last shot he's on about 100mg, week 5 50mg and it all lines up with elimination is about 5 times the half life, so I think that's a good rule of thumb

bouldershoulders

Awards
No, it doesn't.

I’m I’m blasting 1000mg I’m gonna have to wait a month to have it leave my system. If I have 2-3 weeks of 100mg I’ll still have normal levels to work to keep the gains and be able to start pct sooner than I would if I was taking 1000mg because it would take longer to get out of my system

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m I’m blasting 1000mg I’m gonna have to wait a month to have it leave my system. If I have 2-3 weeks of 100mg I’ll still have normal levels to work to keep the gains and be able to start pct sooner than I would if I was taking 1000mg because it would take longer to get out of my system
If you're waiting for it to clear, you've already got Test in your system.
.... If you don't, that's good, you're closer to getting your own Test back.

The right way to do it (best way) is to either cycle, or get off gear and PCT.

.... But please, do whatever you like.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you're trying to convince yourself, why ask for our input?

If you're trying to convince us, that's not going to happen.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You're not getting it man, just do whatever you want and stop asking ppl. Dropping to 100 mg for 2 to 3 weeks isn't going to help you do anything now if you drop to 100 mg for maybe two to three months and then stopped yes you could start PCT fairly soon but honestly none of it makes sense anyways because there's no reason to start PCT sooner. Just don't come here asking questions when you don't really want to know the answer. All you're looking for is someone to agree with you and no one here is going to agree with you

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m I’m blasting 1000mg I’m gonna have to wait a month to have it leave my system. If I have 2-3 weeks of 100mg I’ll still have normal levels
You need to see the contradiction in both your claims here. It's illogical and physically impossible (nigh on) for both these claims to make sense and be simultaneously true/accurate.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You need to see the contradiction in both your claims here. It's illogical and physically impossible (nigh on) for both these claims to make sense and be simultaneously true/accurate.
Your wasting your time, we all are.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ugh, lol I know, it's just frustrating seeing him not grasp the points you guys have made.
No he's right, if he stops pinning 1000 on week 10 and switches to 100 on week 11 he will only have to let 100mg to let clear and he can start pct on Saturday. Sounds like a good plan now that I think about it.

Next cycle im going to front load my nolvadex so I can start pct before my cycle

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Although everything has been said already, I'll insert my estimation of two example options. You can indeed begin your pct earlier, regarding the time spent on the whole process, but it requires you to cut your blast shorter.

Weeks 1-12: Blast
Weeks 13-16: Waiting the test to clear
Week 17: Start pct

Or

Weeks 1-9: Blast
Weeks 10-12: Low dose test and waiting the higher amount of test to come down
Weeks 13-14: Waiting the test to clear
Week 15: Start pct

The test is given 4 weeks to clear from the blast levels in the examples, since you said "I’m blasting 1000mg I’m gonna have to wait a month to have it leave my system."

Last edited:

bouldershoulders

Awards
Although everything has been said already, I'll insert my estimation of two example options. You can indeed begin your pct earlier, regarding the time spent on the whole process, but it requires you to cut your blast shorter.

Weeks 1-12: Blast
Weeks 13-16: Waiting the test to clear
Week 17: Start pct

Or

Weeks 1-9: Blast
Weeks 10-12: Low dose test and waiting the higher amount of test to come down
Weeks 13-14: Waiting the test to clear
Week 15: Start pct

The test is given 4 weeks to clear from the blast levels in the examples, since you said "I’m blasting 1000mg I’m gonna have to wait a month to have it leave my system."
Yeah that’s what I meant

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah that’s what I meant
Everything is always your decision, brother...
And although I don't always agree, I do respect that fact.

You do understand that this won't decrease your recovery time ... Correct?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah that’s what I meant
In both of the examples given you are waiting longer for the test to clear by lowering the dose, blast ends week 12, start pct week 17. That's 5 weeks.

Blast ends week 9, you lower test weeks 10-12 and start pct week 15, that's 6 weeks after your blast ends. Your not starting pct sooner because you lowered the test, your just starting pct sooner because the cycle is shorter, it's common sense. The 3 weeks on 100mg didn't make pct come sooner, it's not making pct easier, it's not giving you more gains it's just cutting your cycle short. If you stopped your blast at week 9 and took no more testosterone then you could start pct on week 13, That's only 4 weeks. I don't get how your not understanding something so simple

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
that’s not how it works brother, it takes 5 half lives to clear to an insignificant level, dosage isn’t really relevant (unless you are talking extreme amounts).

for example, test e half life is approx 7 days so if you inject 500mg it clears like this 500/250/125/62.5/31.25/15.6125

if you started at 250 it would be 7.8mg after 5 half lives, only 8mg difference (I.e an insignificant difference)