Sfreed's gettin' strong on OL Andro and stuff unsponsored log

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I honestly have no clue who this cartoon character is. I'm going to YouTube this bc that's how we get educated nowadays

What is your goal bf%? I love the tat btw
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa......Not sure about Family Guy?? Yes, head over to YouTube or Netflix and check it out.

And maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, but I don't have a specific % in mind. I guess that what I'm shooting for (honestly) is when I'm on vacation this June, running on the beach with no shirt on and I get the "You're how old?" response. Kinda vain, but there it is.

And thanks re the ink. My first tattoo that I started on last summer. There's a large stingray on the left side of my back, with more polynesian designs around it. Considering continuing it around my side and on to my stomach maybe. If I ever get a flat stomach.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spent my gym time this morning with 45 minute inclined treadmill then 15 minutes on the stair stepper, mainly to see how my achilles tendon handles it. Then 20 minutes ab circuit and out. My biggest hurdle with HST is the de-condition week with no weights. It's only a week, but still hard for me. But, if I'm really gonna follow the program, then I gots to follow the program.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In brother. On your HST. Suggestion only: I think you may have typo.
Your % are spot on.
Week 1-2: 1x15
Week 3-4: 2x10
Week 5-6: 3x5 if your joints start to hurt too much you can bump your reps to 7 or 8.
Week 7: negatives 2-3 sets 4-8 reps
Week 8: drop sets 1 set of ea. Exercise w/5-8 drop range.
Decondtion 9-11 days.
Go kill it old man!
Curious to see how the andros work for you!
Yep, you're right. Forgot about the negs. Let's blame it on my Christmas drinking before writing it. Sad thing is it only got worse after that, good thing is it's only once a year. Maybe I'll deal with the holiday better in the future.

Another good thing is that I will not be allowing myself to drink during this run. It's definitely something I need to quit anyway, now I got a reason.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa......Not sure about Family Guy?? Yes, head over to YouTube or Netflix and check it out.

And maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, but I don't have a specific % in mind. I guess that what I'm shooting for (honestly) is when I'm on vacation this June, running on the beach with no shirt on and I get the "You're how old?" response. Kinda vain, but there it is.

And thanks re the ink. My first tattoo that I started on last summer. There's a large stingray on the left side of my back, with more polynesian designs around it. Considering continuing it around my side and on to my stomach maybe. If I ever get a flat stomach.
Brother - that isn't vain at all. We are always taught to not value ourselves or feel good about what we can do. Having a situation in mind like this - getting a comment about your age because people are impressed - is one of the most powerful motivators there is. It's an image you can form and actually FEEL when you think about it. It is positive reinforcement. Hell, I can feel how good that will feel just from you talking about it.

Sometimes...We don't do things because NO ONE else in our lives is doing it. We know, logically, that it can be done...But we don't really believe in it. Having someone in our lives that we see doing or having done something...Makes it more real and brings it closer to being within our own grasp. That first person that leads the way HAS to have imagination so powerful they believe that fiction is real. I think that this is far from vanity (although many vain people show it more) - but a true skill that causes the tide to rise.

Thanks for sharing your dream. Truly.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of the most supportive members on this board. You have a way of stating things that most of us can't compete with. 100% correct in your statement, and thanks for always being there HIT4ME

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of the most supportive members on this board. You have a way of stating things that most of us can't compete with. 100% correct in your statement, and thanks for always being there HIT4ME
All I do is watch what you guys are doing and talk about it. I have the easy part.

Thanks for the kind words.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet In on this!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How the hell did I miss this?
You know the answer to that......Shyt happens too fast around here. We need assistants or something just to keep up.

Glad you made it though. Gonna need your help getting strong later

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards

I don't think there's anything wrong with a little vanity. People are lying to themselves if they were to say that they don't do this lifestyle for at least a little bit of vanity. I think you look stellar. We all can't look 20 forever but we can damn well look and feel younger than our actual age :)

There's something attractive about people with goals and people who achieve things through persistent and constant effort. A fit healthy lifestyle does all those things

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I need new noodz. Not recycled noodz. I already have a problem using my imagination as it is. They say I'm "visual".

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spent my gym time this morning with 45 minute inclined treadmill then 15 minutes on the stair stepper, mainly to see how my achilles tendon handles it. Then 20 minutes ab circuit and out. My biggest hurdle with HST is the de-condition week with no weights. It's only a week, but still hard for me. But, if I'm really gonna follow the program, then I gots to follow the program.
Deconditiong is one of the most important parts.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brother - that isn't vain at all. We are always taught to not value ourselves or feel good about what we can do. Having a situation in mind like this - getting a comment about your age because people are impressed - is one of the most powerful motivators there is. It's an image you can form and actually FEEL when you think about it. It is positive reinforcement. Hell, I can feel how good that will feel just from you talking about it.

Sometimes...We don't do things because NO ONE else in our lives is doing it. We know, logically, that it can be done...But we don't really believe in it. Having someone in our lives that we see doing or having done something...Makes it more real and brings it closer to being within our own grasp. That first person that leads the way HAS to have imagination so powerful they believe that fiction is real. I think that this is far from vanity (although many vain people show it more) - but a true skill that causes the tide to rise.

Thanks for sharing your dream. Truly.

HIT4ME thanks for thinking about me. lol

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Studhorse... the deconditioning phase is to build up lactate acid right?

I'm wondering if any of you guys have run xgels while doing HST?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know the answer to that......Shyt happens too fast around here. We need assistants or something just to keep up.

Glad you made it though. Gonna need your help getting strong later
Her ya on that one.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Just finishing up my X-Gels. But since this was my first go round with both, not sure if I'm a good test subject

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

It is to decondtion. The science behind it helps you progress beyond your last HST workout. Have you ever noticed its twice as easy to put muscle back on once you have already been there? If that makes sense.
And yes you should build up lactic acid after decondtion. Help with tendons and ligaments.
Funny thing: I hardly produce lactic acid like I use to after a 9-12 day decondtion.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any issues with the cardio and Ab work I posted?
Not at all. Using off days to isolate abs and light to medium cardio. I'm assuming you are leaning to a cut or recomp? On can't stand just doing 3 days a week.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You currently in decondtion?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not at all. Using off days to isolate abs and light to medium cardio. I'm assuming you are leaning to a cut or recomp? On can't stand just doing 3 days a week.
Yes to all.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I'm late but I'm here to make somewhat inappropriate sexual comments on everything.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I'm late but I'm here to make somewhat inappropriate sexual comments on everything.
And that why we all love you. Well, that and some other stuff you do.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fak...Now I'm in trouble

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SFreed get some super-19!!!
I know you mentioned this before, but what will it add? I've already spent more on this than I probably should have (this shyt adds up!). If I keep adding get stuff in I'm gonna feel like a fckin pez dispenser.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stop it! Get over it. Decondtion correctly.
Only cardio is sex. Just tell the wife it's part of the program.
Can i still masterbate?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fak...Now I'm in trouble
I know it's hard to decondtion for 9-12 days. (Not the sex part)
Use this time to set-up your next HST, maybe add a exercise or two if you need to hit a body part or 2 that are lagging. Don't get 2 carried away with it.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On a serious note.
Tell me how you responded to HST.
How did your numbers come out:
Did you make it all 8 weeks?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On a serious note.
Tell me how you responded to HST.
How did your numbers come out:
Did you make it all 8 weeks?
I actually enjoyed it. Some some slight improvements in weight. I did not make it all 8 weeks. Skipped the negs, mainly so I could figure out max reps for this next session, which allowed for my decondtion over the holiday weekend (which I'm failing at)

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I actually enjoyed it. Some some slight improvements in weight. I did not make it all 8 weeks. Skipped the negs, mainly so I could figure out max reps for this next session, which allowed for my decondtion over the holiday weekend (which I'm failing at)
Slacker. I'm in 7th week right now.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This time you might try to hit all 8 weeks Unless your numbers put you into decondtion.
With what you are running it should be easy to hit all 8.
Might use your decondtion time to set your numbers. Just don't over do it.
Setting your numbers will be easier the longer you do it, ( keep your logs , they will help in the future) but there will always be adjustments in week 1, 3, 5. After you get to week 7&8 it's just balls to the walls!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the mirror say?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Well, that is no way for your mirror to talk to you!