SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Is this log over?
Can we go now?

Nope. This log will disappear for a little, and then once a month somebody will get it going again for a few days.

Just think of it as a period (menstrual cycle might translate better, for our German speaking friends).

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So here I am again......bored and can't sleep

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Anybody here?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'm getting a new tattoo. A portrait from a picture of my Mom and Dad, shortly after my Dad came back from France during WW II that I had planned on getting on my chest. My wife is having a fit about it. Not the tattoo itself, but the placement. She says that she'll never touch my chest again if I have a picture of my parents there, so what do I do? Put it on my back? Where I can't see it? I'd rather not get it on my arm, because I'd like to get something else there. Put it on my chest anyway, knowing I'll never get my nips nibbled on again? I'm 2 months in to a 4 month waiting period for this guy, so I've got some time to decide.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Put the tattoo where your heart is.
Then get bad gyno. If your wife wants to see it, she has to lift up your boob.

No serious suggestion here, sorry. :)

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
So I'm getting a new tattoo. A portrait from a picture of my Mom and Dad, shortly after my Dad came back from France during WW II that I had planned on getting on my chest. My wife is having a fit about it. Not the tattoo itself, but the placement. She says that she'll never touch my chest again if I have a picture of my parents there, so what do I do? Put it on my back? Where I can't see it? I'd rather not get it on my arm, because I'd like to get something else there. Put it on my chest anyway, knowing I'll never get my nips nibbled on again? I'm 2 months in to a 4 month waiting period for this guy, so I've got some time to decide.
Get a fakey and see how she reacts....mebbe it wont be that bad....

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Put the tattoo where your heart is.
Then get bad gyno. If your wife wants to see it, she has to lift up your boob.

No serious suggestion here, sorry. :)
If it was bad enough gyno, I could nibble on my own nips, problem solved!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Just get it on your ribs.. thats a fun place to get some ink.. kinda tickles.. you know it will feel just like when hairygrandpa sneaks in and tickles your feet in the middle of the night..

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since this is already back up, I went mountain biking today. About 18 miles total, and afterwards, since I was feeling so good about things, I went for a 6 mile trail run. Well, not really a run, but more of an Airborne shuffle (@DemntedCowboy will understand). Haven't been able to run since I've been having issues with my knee and believe it or not, I actually miss it. Changing the gait to more of a shuffle gave me less impact on my knee, which might actually allow me to continue trail running. My days of 18 minute 5 K's might be over, but it'll be nice to be able to get back out there. Just no more fast downhills. That's way more jarring than the arthritic knee will allow.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since this is already back up, I went mountain biking today. About 18 miles total, and afterwards, since I was feeling so good about things, I went for a 6 mile trail run. Well, not really a run, but more of an Airborne shuffle (@DemntedCowboy will understand). Haven't been able to run since I've been having issues with my knee and believe it or not, I actually miss it. Changing the gait to more of a shuffle gave me less impact on my knee, which might actually allow me to continue trail running. My days of 18 minute 5 K's might be over, but it'll be nice to be able to get back out there. Just no more fast downhills. That's way more jarring than the arthritic knee will allow.
I would stick to biking, lubricates the knees and is low impact.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Love the airborne shuffle. I been doing it for years. Have had alot of issues with the knees also so the airborne shuffle is great

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This will get SFreed 's attention:

He likes bikes.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Figured I'd put this here, since I talked about it earlier. Had it done Tuesday before I left to do some work on my Mom's house.

Portrait1.jpg

Hard to get a good picture, mainly because of the coating of aquaphor that is on it. The light color on their faces will fade after 3 - 4 weeks to simple highlights.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beautiful! They did it in one day?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Figured I'd put this here, since I talked about it earlier. Had it done Tuesday before I left to do some work on my Mom's house.

View attachment 157003

Hard to get a good picture, mainly because of the coating of aquaphor that is on it. The light color on their faces will fade after 3 - 4 weeks to simple highlights.
Awesome portrait work... Your dads arm looks a bit rubbery but the faces are done really well... Would like to see this one after a few weeks. You got a good artist

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome portrait work... Your dads arm looks a bit rubbery but the faces are done really well... Would like to see this one after a few weeks. You got a good artist
That might be a couple of issues with the angle and my rubbery chest.

Guy had a 6 month wait for an appointment. Does a ton of portraits and has been on several TV shows. I too can't wait to see what it looks like after a month.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s a good piece of art, brother. I am getting my son’s portrait in a month or two.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

View attachment 157003

All I see is a sexy sexy nipple.....ohhh...wait! I kept staring and it was like one of those pictures that if you stare at it long enough it comes into view. Great tattoo man. That's pretty cool.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 157003

Nice Tat! I'm glad your Dad's hand isn't tweaking your nipple! lol
I know the artist talked you out of it!