semaglutide (Ozempic) - log?

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Seems to be a ton of hype around semaglutide lately and I have a several ozempic pens and have found it in a few peptide shops and was thinking of running it. Anybody interested in me logging my experience with it?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sure, my gf lost 25+ lbs on it over 3 months

Stuff works

Lets see it.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Seems to be a ton of hype around semaglutide lately and I have a several ozempic pens and have found it in a few peptide shops and was thinking of running it. Anybody interested in me logging my experience with it?
I'm interested.

My TRT clinic was trying to "sell" me on running it because I want to drop some weight. My sister ran it for 6 months, and she's never been overweight, 5ft3, fit, always outgoing and she lost 23 lb. They actually recommended she get off it because her weight was so low. She also went to a wellness clinic.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for a log ???

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’ve heard that it works great while you’re on it, but once your off, all the weight come right back. I’m sure that’s a familiar concept around here. I’m curious if that true or if the losses are keepable.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
I’ve heard that it works great while you’re on it, but once your off, all the weight come right back. I’m sure that’s a familiar concept around here. I’m curious if that true or if the losses are keepable.
See my post above.

Obviously this purely anecdotal, but my sister has been off for some time and out of the 23 lb she lost, she hasn't gained any of it back. If anything she's getting more into lifting, thanks to yours truly lol, and still making good progress.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
See my post above.

Obviously this purely anecdotal, but my sister has been off for some time and out of the 23 lb she lost, she hasn't gained any of it back. If anything she's getting more into lifting, thanks to yours truly lol, and still making good progress.
I would say about 75% of people that lose weight gain it back, but those that change there life style are pretty successful !

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
I would say about 75% of people that lose weight gain it back, but those that change there life style are pretty successful !
Nicely said. I came to that conclusion years ago as well from my ketogenic diet days. I lost a massive amount of weight on keto, but after ceasing keto, I gained a great deal of it back!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe I can get @WesleyInman to sponsor a semaglutide log. I was also wondering about the Fat/Muscle % weight lose ?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed completely here. It has to be a lifestyle change and changing habits in terms of eatting and exercise. (Not extra fries ;) )

rixrix

Awards
I just finished my first month of full dose of Semaglutide. This is the 1mg/week diabetic dose since that is what my insurance will pay for. Since I feel like paying $20 a month instead of $1500, I'll stick with that dose for now.

For reference, I'm a late-40s dude on TRT currently running my first blast of 400/week test.

Doctor prescribed .5mg per week. Pharmacist warned me on the way out "That dose is too high. You'll vomit all day, take half that dose for the first couple of weeks." And so I took .25 for the first week. I'm glad I took her advice. I think it would have been rougher if I hadn't.

The first week was rough even at reduced dose. And I got *all* of the GI symptoms from the semaglutide. Nasty sulfurous burps, poop that smelled like toxic waste, and frequent nausea and heartburn. And it kept bad for the first month since I ratcheted from .25, to .5, to .75 and then to 1.0 per week over a five week period.

In particular, I would get nausea whenever I had a "good" gym day about 30-45 minutes into the session. I never had to vomit but it felt awful every time. And I've exercised to the point of puking before and just shrugged, this was much worse.

Now, going on week 9, it's all pretty much no sides left except some heartburn and the toxic smelling poo.

I'm twisting a lot of dials here, with both my first blast and simultaneous semaglutide, but I can honestly say that it's a body recomp plan that actually works. In 3 months I've lost 15lbs fat, put on 6 lbs muscle.

The good:
Semaglutide keeps you from feeling hungry. I have a huge appetite, there are times when I will just finish the whole goddamn plate, diet be damned. With Semaglutide, I leave half by the side. And I'm just less hungry. I frequently just forget to eat lunch if I'm not reminded.

The bad:
You have to pay your dues on the way in. And I've got heartburn that I didn't have before.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And I still want to try it!

rixrix

Awards
I just finished my first month of full dose of Semaglutide. This is the 1mg/week diabetic dose since that is what my insurance will pay for. Since I feel like paying $20 a month instead of $1500, I'll stick with that dose for now.

For reference, I'm a late-40s dude on TRT currently running my first blast of 400/week test.

Doctor prescribed .5mg per week. Pharmacist warned me on the way out "That dose is too high. You'll vomit all day, take half that dose for the first couple of weeks." And so I took .25 for the first week. I'm glad I took her advice. I think it would have been rougher if I hadn't.

The first week was rough even at reduced dose. And I got *all* of the GI symptoms from the semaglutide. Nasty sulfurous burps, poop that smelled like toxic waste, and frequent nausea and heartburn. And it kept bad for the first month since I ratcheted from .25, to .5, to .75 and then to 1.0 per week over a five week period.

In particular, I would get nausea whenever I had a "good" gym day about 30-45 minutes into the session. I never had to vomit but it felt awful every time. And I've exercised to the point of puking before and just shrugged, this was much worse.

Now, going on week 9, it's all pretty much no sides left except some heartburn and the toxic smelling poo.

I'm twisting a lot of dials here, with both my first blast and simultaneous semaglutide, but I can honestly say that it's a body recomp plan that actually works. In 3 months I've lost 15lbs fat, put on 6 lbs muscle.

The good:
Semaglutide keeps you from feeling hungry. I have a huge appetite, there are times when I will just finish the whole goddamn plate, diet be damned. With Semaglutide, I leave half by the side. And I'm just less hungry. I frequently just forget to eat lunch if I'm not reminded.

The bad:
You have to pay your dues on the way in. And I've got heartburn that I didn't have before.
Gonna update this myself with a bit more detail that I forgot to add: Nausea was BAD the first month. Half a dozen times huddled over the toilet in the middle of the night wondering if I was going to throw up. I don't think I ever did more than once or twice but it was definitely not fun. Tried to eat too much fat, stomach pains. When I worked out hard, lots of nausea. At that point, I would go and stretch for 20 minutes.

At one point I tried to get cute and get a half tab of Zofran (antinausea drug) and I had a bad reaction. I got dizzy, staggered out of the gym and it was suddenly so bright I could barely see. Barely got home and panicked all day. pupils were wide like I was on opium, heart was racing, and I was running hot. All in all, bad trip.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Gonna update this myself with a bit more detail that I forgot to add: Nausea was BAD the first month. Half a dozen times huddled over the toilet in the middle of the night wondering if I was going to throw up. I don't think I ever did more than once or twice but it was definitely not fun. Tried to eat too much fat, stomach pains. When I worked out hard, lots of nausea. At that point, I would go and stretch for 20 minutes.

At one point I tried to get cute and get a half tab of Zofran (antinausea drug) and I had a bad reaction. I got dizzy, staggered out of the gym and it was suddenly so bright I could barely see. Barely got home and panicked all day. pupils were wide like I was on opium, heart was racing, and I was running hot. All in all, bad trip.

That sounds terrible!

My sister had an upset stomach for day or so after starting, but experienced nothing like the symptoms you've described.

The reaction with Ondansetron (Zofran) is interesting. Ondansetron can mess with cardiac function, causing palpitations and even atrial fibrillation on occasion. It's also been known to cause/induce seond-degree heart block and QT interval prolongation.

Semaglutide is a GLP-1 receptor agonist, meaning it increases insulin and glycemic control. When insulin production is increased the heart can experience an increase in heart rate. Insulin promotes glucose consumption as the main cardiac energy source, and this can cause rapid heart rate.

Perhaps this coupled with the potential cardiac sides of Ondansetron catalyzed your issue? This is just speculation or course.

Last edited:
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s because most gen pop once they are done with a “diet” they go back to eating like they were eating when they became over weight. Semaglutide has an effect on insulin and glucose along with appetite. Once you’re off, appetite comes back and peoples self control goes out the window and helllooooo weight rebound.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you inject the 1mg all in one go? And then it stays in your system for a week? Or a shot a day adding up to 1 mg a week?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you inject the 1mg all in one go? And then it stays in your system for a week? Or a shot a day adding up to 1 mg a week?
Once a week dosing. Ive read where some people are dosing twice a week and having good luck with it.

rixrix

Awards
Once a week dosing. Ive read where some people are dosing twice a week and having good luck with it.
yes, and tue ozempic pen uses special needles. So even if I wanted to dose different ly, I would need to get the needles since the pen only comes with four. Would love to know where I could order more from a peptide place. I am on 1mg a week but 2.4mg is the real weight loss dose. Though to be fair 1mg seems very strong.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enjoying all this information keep it coming !

rixrix

Awards
FYII, according to manufacturer website there aren't that many differences between doses. They sell 2mg as weight loss dose but it is 'not significantly different' from the 1mg dose.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigGame84 Peptide/Research 3
Weight Loss 8
kcstreetracer Peptide/Research 15
Weight Loss 22
Bkk92233 Weight Loss 26