Segansational's Motivation Log

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Push Day. Ended up being a chest/triceps WO.

Bench Press:
140x8
180x5,4,3 - strength on bench has really dropped lately since I haven't been focused solely on this exercise. Dissappointing.

Incline DB press 50x8,8,8
Close grip BP 120x8,8,8
Dips x8,10,8

42:10, 226 cals

Soundtrack: In honor of the slap heard 'round the world, Bad Boys II.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardio this AM 30:02, 178 cals on the bike.

Day off with the family today as our daycare is closed. Have a great weekend everyone!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Official cheat day yesterday.
Another beer, burger, & fries cheat meal. But this one had mac & cheese on it! Finished off the other half of the LAB cookie I had saved. Honestly felt like crap after that meal. It was a bit too overboard and then I napped on top of it. May need to dial that back some...

Workout this AM didn't feel like doing it, but knew I'd regret not getting it in. So I did.

Pull Day.

Neutral grip pull ups x11,8,7
Bent over BB rows 120x10,10,10
Deadlifts
120x10
160x8
180x5,5,4

Upright rows +60x10,10,8
BB curls +40x8,8,6 - these were a bit of a let down, but I was spent by this point.

Pre: 2 scoops Burn, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y
Intra: 1 scoop Canteen, MOAB, Breach, and 1 packet of VPX CreMtor. Ran out of my creatine so digging into my old sample stash!

58:23, 501 cals

My daughter came down to workout with me midway through my deadlifts. Here's what she did:

Jumping jacks
Assisted pull ups
Assisted push ups
Assisted incline crunches
Assistes incline BP

Then helped me put away some weights. Proud dad moment. My son wanted to come workout too, but he's not quite 2 yet so... 🤣

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice sesh with the kids!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice sesh with the kids!
Thanks @jinxie, I really enjoy seeing my daughter take to fitness!

Well, not going to sugar coat this, but the whole weekend turned out to be a bust for my diet. Just not really feeling this cut TBH. Ended up ordering a 2 ft cheeseteak the other day for the family, another batch of LAB cookies arrived on Sat so I broke into one, and had pizza this evening and a few drinks here and there. Sipping on some Redemption Rye as we speak. Only feel half guilty about it.

All that said, in addition to my workouts got a lot of walking in this weekend. Hit about ~12.5k and ~15.5k steps Fri and Sat. Spent a lot of time outdoors with the family, went to a new playground with the kids, took them to see a local little league game, and got to see my mom today. Just trying to enjoy life!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardio, bike: 35:08, 271 cals

A little ab work:
Hanging leg lifts 3x12
Swiss ball crunches 2x10

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What we do to look good naked, lol. But you gotta live life, right? Keep up the good work!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leg Day.

BB Front Squats
105x10
125x8,8,8

PAUSE

135x6
140x6
150x6 - this is a PR.

I don't typically do heavier front squats, but decided to give it a shot this AM. First set my knees gave me some trouble warming up, but these working sets all felt good. Might've had another set in the tank.

SLDLs
105x10
125x8,6,6

Thor Hammer Goblet Squats 25x10,10,10 - Not gonna lie, my quads were toast at this point.
Calf raises 3x15

Stretching to cool down. Hips felt tight after this session, so focused on releasing some of that.

46:02, 378 cals

Pre: 2 scoops Burn, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y. Note I bumped Y to 15 mg/d starting yesterday.
Intra: 1 scoop each Canteen, MOAB, Amino Infusion, 1 packet of Con-Cret.

Another interrupted WO this morning, so was a bit distracted. But all in all a decent session with a PR!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday did a 30 min cardio session on the bike.

Been allowing myself to loosen my diet purposely. My heart just isn't in cutting right now, so will keep focus on cardio + intense lifting sessions and my supps for an extra boost until I'm ready to dial it in with my diet. Was going to do 14 weeks of strict cutting, but will probably restart and focus when I'm about 8 weeks from my vacation so I can put my all into it. Been getting in my daily walks in on top of it though, so as activity levels are up.

Push Day.
Rotator cuff ex 2x12,12

Bench press
125x11
160x6
180x4
195x2
175x4,3
Tried pushing this morning, but it didn't work out. Probably should've stopped with working sets at 180#.

Close grip BP 125x10,8,8
Dips x6,8,8

Will need to add in a shoulder day I'm thinking since I just haven't been prioritizing on my push days.

40:26, 214 cals

Pre: 2 scoops Burn, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y
Intra: 1 scoop each Canteen, MOAB, Amino Infusion, ANSI micronized creatine 3 g. This will be my intra routine for the next several weeks.
Soundtrack: Post Malone Hollywood's Bleeding

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How tall are you?
5' 6" or 5' 6.5" on a good day, haha!

Pull Day.

Neutral grip pull ups x9,8,8
Bent over BB rows 125x10,10,10
Deadlifts
125x10
160x8
190x5,5,5

35:21, 234 cals

Pre: Same as yesterday
Intra: Same as yesterday

Did another weight WO since I'll be away this weekend and won't have a chance to hit the gym.

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That’s pretty good density at that height. How are you measuring body fat, bioimpedance on the scale?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s pretty good density at that height. How are you measuring body fat, bioimpedance on the scale?
Thanks, just trying to make steady progress. I've been as low as 148.6# and as high as 180.1# depending on cut vs bulk phases. But feeling pretty solid right now in the 160s.

Yeah, I have a Renpho scale I use. I also have an omron handheld one, but don't really use that anymore as the Renpho connects to my phone via bluetooth.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Getting some serious work done in here!!
Thanks brother!

A little life update. This weekend was full of emotions. We held a celebration of life for my mother-in-law who just recently passed. It was a wonderful way to celebrate the person she was - with stories, poems, music, food, family and friends. My kids both celebrated their birthdays hitting milestones (they are 3 years and a day apart). Amazing to witness them growing up! Overindulged this weekend with sweets and beer, the way it is meant to be when celebrating life.

Back in the gym this morning for some cardio and abs.

Picked up the newest Raze Energy flavor, sour rainbow. Came with sample packets of their Raze on the go and Raze Hydration. Tried the Raze Hydration intraWO. In 12oz water was way too light in flavor. Will post up a pic later.

Have a great week!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law passing dude. I would imagine she was far too young. But glad you had some nice celebrations!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law passing dude. I would imagine she was far too young. But glad you had some nice celebrations!
Sorry for your loss, sounds like you made the best of it, that’s all we can do.
Thank you both, I appreciate it. Yes to the too soon piece, but unfortunately I am starting to get to the age where I've witnessed several friends who are sadly in the same situation as myself.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On a brighter note, picked up this batch of LE Raze Sour Rainbow, and this is another home run flavor! I really have not been dissappointed by any of the flavors I've had from them.

20220411_162746.jpg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today's session. Accessory day, primarily shoulders and some biceps.

DB laterals, 10x12, 20x10,10
DB bent over laterals 20x10,10,10
EZ bar upright rows +60x10,10,10
EZ bar curls +40x10,10,10 - didn't push these today as my left wrist was bothering me all day yesterday. Vascularity was really good today.
Seated BB behind the neck press +50x10,10,10

Pre: 2 scoops Superhuman Burn
Intra: 1 scoop each Amino Infusion, Canteen, MOAB, 3g micronized creatine mono

37:55, 248 cals

Just another quick update, I've only been doing 10 mg Y per day. I bumped to 15 mg for a day or two, but couldn't find the right timing window to keep me fasted for the 3rd dose based on when I eat.

Will be adding in RPG from Redcon1, a GDA with banaba, berberine, gymnema, RALA and a few other things. Also has 25 mg paradoxine per 4 caps (what I'll be starting with), so on top of Superhuman Burn that'll give me 65 mg total. Almost out of Burn though so will be switching pre's shortly.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Afternoon run. It hit a high of 79 today! 1.73 mi, 10:28 pace, 216 cals, in 18:10 time. Right knee started to act up, and I know I'll be sore tomorrow. But worth it to sweat!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Afternoon run. It hit a high of 79 today! 1.73 mi, 10:28 pace, 216 cals, in 18:10 time. Right knee started to act up, and I know I'll be sore tomorrow. But worth it to sweat!
I hate you. It’s 25° here right now

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, today was supposed to be legs, but after my run yesterday I thought I'd give them a little recovery time. So a little cheet/triceps action!

Rotator cuff ex x12,10-12
Bench press
125x10
160x8
180x3
170x3,3 - Another disappointing go round. Think this was more mental than anything else today. May need to put a bench strength cycle back on the books to stop these declining #'s.

Close grip BP 135x10,7,6 - this was a big jump in weight, so that made up a bit for my benching.

Incline bench press, first notch, 125x6,6,6
Dips x10,10,8

Finished off with a little posing practice to take advantage of that chest pump, and an outdoor walk.

50:49, 362 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Total War Jurassic Blood, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y
Intra: 1 scoop each Amino Infusion, Canteen, MOAB, 3g micronized creatine
Soundtrack: Saliva, Back Into Your System

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, today was supposed to be legs, but after my run yesterday I thought I'd give them a little recovery time. So a little cheet/triceps action!

Rotator cuff ex x12,10-12
Bench press
125x10
160x8
180x3
170x3,3 - Another disappointing go round. Think this was more mental than anything else today. May need to put a bench strength cycle back on the books to stop these declining #'s.

Close grip BP 135x10,7,6 - this was a big jump in weight, so that made up a bit for my benching.

Incline bench press, first notch, 125x6,6,6
Dips x10,10,8

Finished off with a little posing practice to take advantage of that chest pump, and an outdoor walk.

50:49, 362 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Total War Jurassic Blood, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y
Intra: 1 scoop each Amino Infusion, Canteen, MOAB, 3g micronized creatine
Soundtrack: Saliva, Back Into Your System
531 man. Get on it.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
531 man. Get on it.
It's been a while since I've done that program. May be time to do so.

30 min bike session this morning fueled by Breach+ (BCAAs+energy). 175 mg caffeine, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's been a while since I've done that program. May be time to do so.

30 min bike session this morning fueled by Breach+ (BCAAs+energy). 175 mg caffeine, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y.
I just think you’re capable of being a lot stronger based on your physique. No judgments or anything. Not everyone cares about being a lot stronger.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just think you’re capable of being a lot stronger based on your physique. No judgments or anything. Not everyone cares about being a lot stronger.
Thanks man, yeah, I definitely think I could be too. Bench has always been my weak point for some reason. And I always have a pretty significant drop off from set to set. Like I feel that I could handle almost any weight on that first set, but doesn't matter what I put on the bar for the second or third, it's just not going up. But, I also don't want to push too hard on the first set before I'm properly warmed up so I don't injure myself... at least that much I've learned as I've gotten older.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Decided to do a pull day again instead of legs. Had plans to work on deads, but as you'll see this morning didn't go quite as planned.

Neutral grip pull ups x12,8,8

PAUSE - Had about a 30 min break here since my son decided to get up.

BB rows
105x10
125x10
135x10
140x10 - with straps
160x5 - with straps, this one was for @jinxie pushing me!

PAUSE - this morning was all stop and start. Just gotta laugh at it. Brought my son downstairs to my gym and told him to stay put on the couch. Of course that lasted all of 10 mins before he got curious. Even cheerios and toys didn't appease him. So back upstairs we went!

And about 40 mins later...

V-bar close grip rows
+60x10
+70x10
+80x10
+90x10
+100x8

Pre: 1 scoop Total War Blue Frost, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y, 100 mg paradoxine
Intra: Same as last WO

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice session dude! Way to push it!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice session dude! Way to push it!
Sometimes I just need that kick in the azz to get me going! That's what I love about having accountability logs here!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We celebrated Easter the best way possible, with an all day eating fest! Full of family, first time in a long time our extended family all got together. Lots of kids and dogs. I ate my weight in cheese, smoked meats, and sweets.

Today marks 8 weeks until my beach vacation. So it's time to turn on the jets. Started with a cardio session on the bike this AM. 35:13, 258 cals, followed by some ab work. Added in BAIBA at 500 mg/day. Cardio fueled by Double Tap + Breach+ for about (286 mg caffeine) + 25 mg D, 5 mg Y.

Let's get after it this week!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 1 weight: 164.0#
Felt really hungry early in the day. Not sure if that was the BAIBA or not? Was already tempted to snack on sweets, but avoided the urge. Might be a long 8 weeks...

Day 2. Leg Day.

BB squats:
140x10
180x6
200x4
220x2
240x5,4,4
Felt respectable today with these weights.

SLDLs 125x8,8,8
Goblet Thor Hammer Squats 25x10,10,10
Calf raises 2x15

Ended with stretching and foam rolling. Fitbit didn't capture correctly, but my guess is about 45-50 mins.

Just trying to push, while being smart about potential injury. Low back held up decently today, which is always my concern on heavier squats, but form held up.

Just watched the Makaveli Nation tribute video to Cedric McMillan. This one really got me. I'd encourage you to watch it, less than 12 mins. How do you want to be remembered?

Pre: 1 scoop Total War Patriot, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y, 100 mg Paradoxine, 500 mg BAIBA Gains Candy Mitoburn
Intra: Same as usual
Soundtrack: Fozzy Judas

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice sqwatz!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 4.

Well, here we go with a little 5/3/1 set up! @jinxie @SkRaw85 @akboom87

The article I read said to calculate your % based off a 90% 1RM which for me recently was 215. So today's bench looked like this.

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12
Push ups 3x12

Bench Press:
0.65% - 125x5
0.75% - 145x5
0.85% - 165x5

Close grip BP 125x10,10,10 - this last set had to push through.
Dips 3x8
Incline DB press 50x6,6,6
Resistance band flys 35x10,10

50:37, 304 cals

Felt a little queasy at the end of this WO, but other than that it was a solid session.

Pre: In honor of @ZOO being back went with 1 scoop OG Juice Daddy, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y, 100 mg paradoxine, 500 mg BAIBA
Intra: Same intra cocktail
Soundtrack: James Brown

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 4.

The article I read said to calculate your % based off a 90% 1RM which for me recently was 215. So today's bench looked like this.

Push ups 3x12

Bench Press:
0.65% - 125x5
0.75% - 145x5
0.85% - 165x5

Dips 3x8

Felt a little queasy at the end of this WO, but other than that it was a solid session.

Pre: In honor of @ZOO being back went with 1 scoop OG Juice Daddy, 25 mg D, 5 mg Y, 100 mg paradoxine, 500 mg BAIBA
Thank you, bro! I’m glad to be back and appreciate the support man. I’ll be popping in here to check up on you to make sure you’re not eating too many cookies… without me haha. It’s my chest day too

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you, bro! I’m glad to be back and appreciate the support man. I’ll be popping in here to check up on you to make sure you’re not eating too many cookies… without me haha. It’s my chest day too
Welcome back brother!

Reactions: ZOO
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No more cookies for me for a while! Gotta stay of IG though so I don't impulse buy any more. Don't know how @The Solution eats all that and stays in shape!

This weekend though we're celebrating my kids' birthdays, so beer and cupcakes will be had.
Looking jacked man!! Hell yes, set this **** off!!
Appreciate it. I do think my muscle density has gotten better over the years. Just gotta get lean now to show off some of the hard work.
Nice! Queasy is good, queasy isn’t easy, means it’s working lol.

Reactions: ZOO
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Prob because I don't eat them everyday. Moderation my man.
Just a bad assumption on your part with how I structure my diet.
you prob eat them a lot more then I do!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Prob because I don't eat them everyday. Moderation my man.
Just a bad assumption on your part with how I structure my diet.
you prob eat them a lot more then I do!
You follow IIFYM if I recall? How often do you indulge in something like this out of curiosity? Once a week?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 4.

Push ups 3x12

Bench Press:
0.65% - 125x5
0.75% - 145x5
0.85% - 165x5

Dips 3x8

Nice. Was that 165 lbs set all out? Should be AMRAP, at least within 1 of that.

Get hyoooge!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice. Was that 165 lbs set all out? Should be AMRAP, at least within 1 of that.

Get hyoooge!
Missed that part! So I stopped at 5 reps intentionally. Not sure how many I would've gone for tbh. Now, after every 4 weeks I should be adding 5# to my 1RM and recalculate %, correct? Just want to make sure I'm planning this out right.

So for cycle 1, 1 RM = 215#, calculated off 90% = 194# --> highest weights lifted (95%) = 185#
So for cycle 2, 1RM = 220# --> 188# would be heaviest weight
Cycle 3, 193#... and so on.

Just seems a bit odd that I wont be hitting my old 1RM until several months out, even though my calculated 1RM is theoretically going to be higher. But all that to say, working weights in and around the 200# mark (4 cycles from now) would be pretty satisfactory.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just jumped in here and have a lot of catching up to do!

Month to month I add 5# to my training max (TM) and it has worked well for me that way. Everyone now and then if I stall out on the 5/3/1 week I will follow the deload with a few weeks of 5x5 starting at around 85% my 5RM to try to break the plateau. Just my experience, YMMV.

I've found 5x5 to work well to get weights back on track after long breaks too, either from minor injury, laziness, or other styles of training like combat sports where I'm not lifting much.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh also, as the weights go up, I've found it to be easier to actually run the program as 351 to break up the heavy weeks more. I think I can credit that to Hyde from seeing it here somewhere and it is good advice.