Sean's Powerlifting Journey

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really liked the contraction I got with em with bands added to the spud pulley system. Now that I have some space to walk back further that’ll allow me to get a better lat stretch at the top which feels great. Gonna add those in during upper warmup days. Thanks for the reminder.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 minutes of walking lunges
Hip airplanes
Wide grip pullups scattered throughout front squats and sumo warmups

Paused Buffalo Bar Front Squat
142x2x5
232x3
322x3x3 60s rest

Sumo Deadlift
315x3
405x1
495x1
545x1
601x2 @ 8
CAT 501x5x3 (yessss Hyde no pause lol)

Smith Machine Rear Lunge
135x3x12-15

DB Seal Row
70x4x12

DB Curls & Hanging Leg Raises

I intended on 595x2 but I forgot to count the kilo collars I tossed on last minute. Which I'm glad I did. Next week will be 610-615 for 2.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 minutes of walking lunges
Hip airplanes
Wide grip pullups scattered throughout front squats and sumo warmups

Paused Buffalo Bar Front Squat
142x2x5
232x3
322x3x3 60s rest

Sumo Deadlift
315x3
405x1
495x1
545x1
601x2 @ 8
CAT 501x5x3 (yessss Hyde no pause lol)

Smith Machine Rear Lunge
135x3x12-15

DB Seal Row
70x4x12

DB Curls & Hanging Leg Raises

I intended on 595x2 but I forgot to count the kilo collars I tossed on last minute. Which I'm glad I did. Next week will be 610-615 for 2.
I fuckin love it. I saw the vid of your pulls and got all fired up for my session Monday. Keep killing it.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bench
225x2
235x2
255x2
265x2
275x2
CAT 225x5x3
Wide Long Pause 195x3x8

Barbell Skulls
105x5
95x8, 7, 5

Banded Stiffarm Pulldown s/s w/ BW supine row

Duffin upright row s/s w/ hammer curls

Gymnist ring ab fallouts

Weighted side planks

20200824_091448.jpeg

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat
595x2
505x4x3

Paused SLDL
455x4x3

Belt Squat
405x4x7-10

Pulldowns
120, 130, 140, + Drop-set x8s

BW walking lunges

This is a PR double for naked knees and all the numbers here look good but the day itself was off. I've had trouble with foot rooting in the new squat shoes and kicked them off at 505 and put on flats which changed my mechanics up a lot. Cut it high. Grinded. I'll switch back to the old squat shoes and regroup as I deload next week.

Lemme know if anyone wants to but some adidas squat shoes lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What size?

I always had a hard time rooting (even more of a hard time than I do in flats, that is) in the 0.75” olys I have but was always curious if 0.6” would be better.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What size?

I always had a hard time rooting (even more of a hard time than I do in flats, that is) in the 0.75” olys I have but was always curious if 0.6” would be better.

Hit me up on IG if that's your size.

I do like lower heels, and the reason for choosing Adidas, and for the wider toe box. My rooting issue with them is that my toes can't spread and grab correctly. My little toe hangs off the side. In my VS Athletics, its a HUGE toe box. They're good shoes. I'm just flat footed and wide.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Hit me up on IG if that's your size.

I do like lower heels, and the reason for choosing Adidas, and for the wider toe box. My rooting issue with them is that my toes can't spread and grab correctly. My little toe hangs off the side. In my VS Athletics, its a HUGE toe box. They're good shoes. I'm just flat footed and wide.
I have the same issue with my didas and barely used em. Tiny ass tow box is like a fat guy in a little coat. Very wobbly for me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great hold and terrific speed. Time to deload and mentally prepare to peak!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just saw the pull on IG. That **** was pristine dude. Great work...whatever your cues were today or have been leading up to this stick with those.

Shît*** - forgot you can say **** on this forum but not ****. Oh! Apparently you cant say fûck anymore either!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Watched you deads a ton to try and figure out why my form is sucking so much and can see a couple areas I definitely need to work on. Thanks for posting them!!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deload week is over. Meet is October 3rd.

Comp Bench
275x1
235x5x2

Close Grip
205x4x5

Low Incline DB Press
85x3x8

Prone Incline DB Row
60x4x12

Curls & facepulls.

Wasps live inside my squat stand, apparently, and stung the **** out of me during the CAT sets so I drove to the commercial gym to finish the sets.

**** wasps.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bro I got in my shed yesterday and suddenly about 8 wasps had taken up and built a big comb right over the door! Came back with wasp spray and buried those cock-a-roaches 🤬

You’re going over 300 Sean, no doubt!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bro I got in my shed yesterday and suddenly about 8 wasps had taken up and built a big comb right over the door! Came back with wasp spray and buried those cock-a-roaches 🤬

You’re going over 300 Sean, no doubt!
Fuckers stung my eyelid, eyebrow, and flew down my shirt while I had 235 on my chest lmfao

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I backed out of the meet. I only have a month to go but I'm currently in my hardest course in my degree program and am juggling a lot of life stress at the moment and need to consolidate my focus. Peaking and the emotional investment I place in it isn't a part of that focus.

This log is old as **** and I'm pretty sentimental towards it because it's shown a lot of my growth. I looked back the other day and saw my meet post in here when I squatted my first world record less than 3 weeks after my 2nd kid was born. That's pretty cool I think.

I don't foresee myself competing anytime soon since I graduate this Spring and after that, my focus will be on studying for the NCLEX and gaining employment. I'm going to follow John Meadow's training for the foreseeable future and likely won't log it on the forum.

If I decide to compete again, then I'll bump this thread back. Other than that, I'll still be in the threads.

I'll probably YOLO deadlift on Friday and I'll update yall then. I don't anticipate a squat or bench PR without a peak so I'm not even going to bother.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You’re so dreamy.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You better update us if you set a dead PR ya dik. Nice squat dude.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thought I'd share my recent training block. Meadows inspired.

Eating inuitively and high protein. This has been the healthiest my eating habits have been. No obsessive weighing of food and no binging. I just eat like an adult 4-5 times a day. Finally able to eat and indulge in moderation without psychological mindfuckness. I've been maintaining weight at 200-205. I'm bathing in Apex Alchemy Ursa Major.

Monday
Lying leg curl - 4 sets varied high intensity technique
531 squat + reverse pyramid
Leg press- 3-4 sets, increase weight weekly
Leg extensions-3 sets, increase reps
BW hypers- 2 sets, increase reps
Standing Calves- 6 sets, increase reps

Wednesday
Dumbell row- 3-4 sets, increase reps
Low incline DB- 4 sets increase weight
Chest supp tbar-3 sets increase weight
Chest dips-4 sets increase reps
Single-arm pulldown- 3 sets increase weight
Lateral raises
2 tri & 1 bi movement

Friday
Seated leg curl- increase reps
Def. SLDL- top set of 4-6, reverse pyramid
Hack squats- 4 sets increase weight
Lunge variation- 3-4 sets
Seated Calves- 6 sets increase weight

Saturday
531 bench + reverse pyramid
HS incline- 3 sets, increase weight
Fly variation- 3 sets
Chins- 4 sets, increase total reps
Barbell row- 4 sets increase weight
Seated DB OHP- 3 sets increase reps
Rear delt movement- 4 sets, 20ish reps
2 bi & 1 tri movement

Quad emphasis lower, back emphasis upper, hip emphasis lower, chest emphasis upper.

Sometimes I did my arms as a second session on the upper days at home before dinner.

Abs at home 3 times a week. Hanging leg raises and ab wheel.

MIT cardio 3x weekly, 20-30min on the stationary at 130bpm.

Average 10-12k steps. When steps are below 10k, I sit in the stationary back and study and peddle low intensity.

I didn't increase total sets until I needed to on certain chosen movements, and that wasn't until the 3rd week normally out of a 4 week block.

Some exercises I increased reps with the same weight. Others I increased weight and allowed reps to taper. My RPE intensities were generally 7, 7, 8, 9 each respective week.

Some movements I didn't bother tracking. I just did something high rep or high intensity.

The blocks before this recent one were similar, I just changed up the exercises.

My bench has climbed finally. I hit 250x8 on my recent 531 week. I'm on week 4 of this block finishing up and hit the 585x3 squat and plan on trying to triple 265x3 on bench.

This winter I intend on going through an enhanced bulk and truelly add size. I'll relieve myself from wanting to do heavy triples and really try to drive heavy reps up on my primary meat & potato movements

After that bulk, I'll be done with nursing school then I'll figure training out from there.

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And most importantly.....the snickers??? Or did you just place the order yesterday?

They look like something I will be addicted too fa sho

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And most importantly.....the snickers??? Or did you just place the order yesterday?

They look like something I will be addicted too fa sho
I just ordered them last night and they mailed out today and I'll likely be out of town when they deliver

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ohhhh **** man...very intrigued to hear more about this bulk. The size you put on is going to be obvious with how lean you are right now. Youre truly in an awesome place to add some quality tissue.

I highly doubt you wont do heavy triples, but we’ll see .

Awesome to hear the bench is finally climbing after the frustration youve had with that lift. Keep us posted on that 265 trip.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ohhhh **** man...very intrigued to hear more about this bulk. The size you put on is going to be obvious with how lean you are right now. Youre truly in an awesome place to add some quality tissue.

I highly doubt you wont do heavy triples, but we’ll see .

Awesome to hear the bench is finally climbing after the frustration youve had with that lift. Keep us posted on that 265 trip.
Sean pulling a Ben Pollack and gettin that bodybuilder mass game on