Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Something Brandon Allen mentioned CWS had him do to help his recovery for bench was to flip flop the weekly rotation around so squat day always happened next up AFTER bench day instead of immediately prior.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it the Titan or what brand GHR/reverse hyper combo? I know EFS makes a badass one. Love their regular GHR so much more than Rogue’s (which ain’t bad but a bitch to adjust settings if training with my wife).
Mine's just a plain reverse hyper that I had Rick at Edge Fitness Systems make for me.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something Brandon Allen mentioned CWS had him do to help his recovery for bench was to flip flop the weekly rotation around so squat day always happened next up AFTER bench day instead of immediately prior.
That's how I originally set my split up but my training week is organized around school/family schedules and equipment access at whatever gym is available to me on those days.

My Mondays have opened back up starting next week so I will be tweaking my split if possible to allow this.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What brand barefoot shoes off amazon you go with? I’ve been waiting for the bearfoot Ursus to be restocked but it’s been about 8 years and I don’t know if I can hold out any longer.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What brand barefoot shoes off amazon you go with? I’ve been waiting for the bearfoot Ursus to be restocked but it’s been about 8 years and I don’t know if I can hold out any longer.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadlift
495x3
545x3
585x3 @ 8
645x1 hitched AF, 10lb PR
585x1 paused

Start Pulls, x2 to knee paused + x1 full
495x4 sets

Leg Press
385x11, 10, 10, 8

Today ends this block. I'll deload this coming week and shift to a standard upper/lower 4x/wk split.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeet! Your comp pull is sumo right? Or was that conventional? Also, are you pulling hook or mixed (or strapped)? My best sumo is only 615, with a hitch & straps back on New Year’s Eve. Still count it

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeet! Your comp pull is sumo right? Or was that conventional? Also, are you pulling hook or mixed (or strapped)? My best sumo is only 615, with a hitch & straps back on New Year’s Eve. Still count it
Ya I'll fuckin count it if someone asks me how much I deadlift lol However, it'll be my meet goal. A clean 645-655 done on the platform.

http://instagr.am/p/CDWs04FAzht/
Sumo w/hook grip. I have the strength for it but I got in this crap awkward position and couldn't get my damn hips through it.

Probably because no one shouted "HIPS!"

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya I'll fuckin count it if someone asks me how much I deadlift lol However, it'll be my meet goal. A clean 645-655 done on the platform.

Sumo w/hook grip. I have the strength for it but I got in this crap awkward position and couldn't get my damn hips through it.

That’s a great goal! 644-5 is an attempt you can call and I know 650 is; either would be perfect choices game day.

You just need a hype man!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

That’s a great goal! 644-5 is an attempt you can call and I know 650 is; either would be perfect choices game day.

You just need a hype man!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jelly of that sumo pull. Solid and smooth. Even with the hitch there was no quit.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All about that starting position bro. Jam your hips in early and youll be in the position to lock it out. I had the same issue when i was getting to the point of maxing out my strength and my gains werent just based entirely on technical improvement. Keep whatever cue helps you with that at the forefront of your mind and if you get it passed the knees it’ll be there clean.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All about that starting position bro. Jam your hips in early and youll be in the position to lock it out. I had the same issue when i was getting to the point of maxing out my strength and my gains werent just based entirely on technical improvement. Keep whatever cue helps you with that at the forefront of your mind and if you get it passed the knees it’ll be there clean.
You're absolutely right. I appreciate that insight a lot, man. It's for sure something I need to keep in my head.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet dumping this week because I don't feel like logging a deload.

Yesterday's 285p 270c 60f

Coffee frosty w/cocoa powder & protein

Beef w/ spinach, mushroom, peppers & french toast

Grilled ginger chicken w/ rice & bok choy

Burger & fries

Protein ice cream
20200803_072135_compress95.jpeg
20200803_093055_compress75.jpeg
20200803_133549_compress54.jpeg
20200803_184247_compress91.jpeg
20200803_194916_compress7.jpeg

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Boring ass deload. I honestly have no idea the last time I deloaded aside from the week I was out of town on vacation.

Benched 185. Squatted 445. I'll deadlift 455. 2 sets of the usual assistance work. I swam a bit on Tuesday. Restorative sled drag today.

PB Cup Cheesecake
17/17/4 each slice. 3 slices was my lunch. All other meals have relatively stayed the same.
20200806_132050_compress74.jpeg

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Psh now that’s a lunch I can get down with lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Psh now that’s a lunch I can get down with lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
285p 280c 62f

Morning:
Protein coffee frosty
Grapefruit

Pre:
Pumpkin cheesecake french toast
Chicken, spinach, mushroom

Dinner:
Pizza w/ chicken, turkey pepperoni, spinach, mushroom, pepper
Kiwi

Dessert:
Cinnamon apple brioche french toast "apple pie" w/protein ice cream
20200807_062901_compress27.jpeg
20200807_092239_compress65.jpeg
20200807_131901_compress64.jpeg
20200807_174756_compress1.jpeg
20200807_194111_compress21.jpeg

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good lookin eats there bro. Shredded and enjoying food...what a concept.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just takes more effort. If you have the time and energy, cooking isn’t usually rocket science. Plus when you’re hungrier you enjoy the food more anyway.

Looks great @Sean1332!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm trying my hardest to accomplish both in a sustainable way lol
Just takes more effort. If you have the time and energy, cooking isn’t usually rocket science. Plus when you’re hungrier you enjoy the food more anyway.

Looks great @Sean1332!
Agreed. For me, I think the hardest part is just crunching the numbers and weighing it out, but that's turned into a breeze now. I got tired of making my old assembly line weekly meal prep or piecing things together last minute only to cave and eat like ****. I'll prep all the grilled chicken and veggies ahead of time. The rest is easy to throw together.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually prep my lunch/dinners for the week but make my breakfast every morning.

Once you find “hacks” to make dishes general fitness people deem unhealthy, dieting gets easier. Which, your meals have showed you figured it out.

I’ve been eating taco bowls this past week and will continue to next week lol

Baked corn tortillas cut to chips
90/10 beef (or leaner, turkey or ground chicken)
FF cheddar
Tomato
Lettuce
Salsa
Regular sour cream because well I used lean meat.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually prep my lunch/dinners for the week but make my breakfast every morning.

Once you find “hacks” to make dishes general fitness people deem unhealthy, dieting gets easier. Which, your meals have showed you figured it out.

I’ve been eating taco bowls this past week and will continue to next week lol

Baked corn tortillas cut to chips
90/10 beef (or leaner, turkey or ground chicken)
FF cheddar
Tomato
Lettuce
Salsa
Regular sour cream because well I used lean meat.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bench
W1 240x2 @7

CAT Bench
W1 205x5x3

Feet-up Wide Grip Long Pause
W1 185x3x8

Orange Band Tri Ext
Got a quick pump

Barbell Tricep Extension
95x5
75x3x8

BW Supine Row
x4x12

Duffin Upright Row
18x4x20

Today felt great. Bicep tendon recovered throughout the week and I'm able to bench before squatting now.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome gym bag. Way nicer than my broke-ass torn one.

Also, nice squat
Photo makes the bag look way bigger than it is but it's absolutely perfect. Got it at the coast guard PX years ago.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn you’re strong. Love it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sean I realize these are technicalities, but you can’t pause halfway through a lift and it also constitute CAT, and Lightning bolt is not a numerical value to ascribe to RPE 🤣

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eh I'm calling it CAT since it was a break off the floor pause. Like a wedge into it and break the floor and hold, then follow through. But, fine, you're right, technically

Okay I'll accept the technicality on no numerical value to "RPE lightning bolt". However, maybe we can design a new RPE scale.

In all reality, it was likely a 7. I was too switched on to be accurately aware of any perceived effort.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Eh I'm calling it CAT since it was a break off the floor pause. Like a wedge into it and break the floor and hold, then follow through. But, fine, you're right, technically

Okay I'll accept the technicality on no numerical value to "RPE lightning bolt". However, maybe we can design a new RPE scale.

In all reality, it was likely a 7. I was too switched on to be accurately aware of any perceived effort.
Powerlifter Perceptions of RPE

10 - Nearly Shat
9.5 - Smelled a fart, but more in the tank
9 - Light weight, baby
8 - “Could have did 5 more”
7 - Lightning Bolt
6 - All day!
5 - Did I leave leave a pair of plates off?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sled drag YTAWLs, facepulls, curls, tricep ext, and crucifix drag

Bench
245x2
210x5x3
Feet-up Wide Long Pause
185x10, 10, 8

Barbell Skulls
100x5
80x3x8

Gymnist Ring Pushups Cluster
x20, 16, 10

Gymnist ring supine row into mechanical dropset

Duffin upright row/Hammer curls with the same

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great to see you benching mid 200s so consistently these days - mainly pain free hopefully?