tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure what I'm looking at but I would eat it.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Zercher Squat
455x6
405x6
385x6
315x2x6

BTN Press
135x7x3

Chin-ups
+25x4x4
+18x2x4
+10x4x4
BWx2x4
20 consecutive singles ala Stuart McGill

Spider Crawl/Banded Over n Backs
x4

Funny thing about gauging RPE. Had I not pulled a random goal out of my ass to shoot for, I probably would have hit 455 for a single and called it @ 8.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Incline Bench Press
175x6x6

Barbell Setup
-strict, one leg at a time
95x8x8 30s rest

Supine TRX Row
BWx3x8 +5 at different angle

Pinwheel Curls
20x3x15

Leg Ext
25x20, 15, 12

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just did some fucked up deadlift ladder.

Conventional DL

5 3/4" deficit
495x2x1

4 1/4" deficit
495x3x1

1 1/2" deficit
495x4x1

Ground
495x5x1

1 1/2" block
495x3x2

3" block
495x4x2

7" block
495x2x5

Shrugs
225x4x8

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Comp Bench
215x8x2

Dead Press, pins at chest level
205x3
195x3x3

Dips
5x12

TRX Inverted Skulls
3x8

Front foot elevated rear lunge
185x3x10

3 rounds:
Toes to bar
TRX ab fallouts
Pallof press

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How are shoulders after that? Seems like your bench is coming back pretty strong if you can tolerate all those doubles over 200 again!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How are shoulders after that? Seems like your bench is coming back pretty strong if you can tolerate all those doubles over 200 again!
My shoulders feel fantastic, knock on wood. I haven't been able to do dips on years. Although, pin press didn't feel fantastic, so I won't be doing those again.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive found that with pin press its very very important to stay tight on the pins and be very very cognizant of not letting the bar slide out of your normal groove when on the pins. The latter point is kinda self explanatory but for the former it’s basically just shy of an iso hold. Im starting to think that pin presses are what drove my bench increase a few years ago...all along i thought it was the cg work, but after working cg for the better half of the last year without seeing much for carryover (although i haven’t necessarily been super focused on my bench, either) I’m starting to think it was the pin work.

Might wanna give it a few weeks and try again if you felt like either of those two things were an issue for you today, but if not then fuk em - not right for you.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive found that with pin press its very very important to stay tight on the pins and be very very cognizant of not letting the bar slide out of your normal groove when on the pins. The latter point is kinda self explanatory but for the former it’s basically just shy of an iso hold. Im starting to think that pin presses are what drove my bench increase a few years ago...all along i thought it was the cg work, but after working cg for the better half of the last year without seeing much for carryover (although i haven’t necessarily been super focused on my bench, either) I’m starting to think it was the pin work.

Might wanna give it a few weeks and try again if you felt like either of those two things were an issue for you today, but if not then fuk em - not right for you.
Man, I appreciate that response. That's definitely where I went wrong. I should have viewed it as an "isohold" how you mentioned. I got too loose and had to muscle through it. I'll give it 2 weeks and try again as round that time next cycle.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know Bryant is big on them, but also acknowledges they’re a higher risk/reward movement overall.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Supinated Inverted TRX Row
3x8

3 rounds:
Prone Incline T3 Raise 10x12
Duffin Upright Row 18x20
DB OHP vs Bands 20x12

Prone Incline Rear Delt Fly
10x2x30

Hammer Rope Curl/Alt DB Curl
25x3x20/20x3x12

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High-Bar Narrow Pause Sq
455x3
495x1
405x12x3

Cable Fly
20x15, 15, 12, 10

Cable Tri Ext/TRX Skulkcrushers
40x3x15/x3x8

Barbell Hip Thrust
135x4x8

Lackluster day. My patio is frustrating squatting heavy on. Slants every which way. Kept things at 405.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Must be frustrating only pause squatting over 2.5x bodyweight due to that dang patio. Having to stick to 405 for sets of 12

You done good Sean

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Must be frustrating only pause squatting over 2.5x bodyweight due to that dang patio. Having to stick to 405 for sets of 12

You done good Sean
Right? This fuggin guy

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quarantine meal prep hack:
Panda Express family meal. $20 for 3 entrees and 2 sides. I can make 9 grilled teriyaki chicken and rice meals.

Also I discovered that Dollar Tree is dope. $1 sugar free rock stars and $1 knock-off pedialytes.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude Dollar Tree is awesome. Not all the prices are great, but there’s some gems in there. I love dollar store food for dirty bulking.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you haven't had dollar trees knockoff carmelos you're really missing out lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Almost grabbed a few bottles of Noxygen off Amzn a right before the Virus outbreak, they had it for pretty cheap.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Almost grabbed a few bottles of Noxygen off Amzn a right before the Virus outbreak, they had it for pretty cheap.
That's where I got mine. I just now looked and they have 2 left in stock.

$35 for 2 tubs

Purus Labs Noxygen Preworkout Accelerator, Unflavored, 40 Servings (Pack of 2)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm lifting like a normal person for a bit.

Yesterday:
Incline
150x15, 12, 8

Cable Fly
25x15, 15, 12

Close Grip
150x16, 12, 9

NG Seal Row
105x14, 12, 11

Duffin Upright Row
26x15, 15, 12

Jump Rope
x10x30s

HLR
TRX Ab Fallouts
Tucked knee holds on the rings

Today:
HB Narrow Sq
345x17,15,12

Belt Sq
270x15,14,12

Single Leg Cable Curl
17.5x15, 12, 7

Standing Calve Raise
vs Average band x6x10-18

Stayed RPE 7-8 on everything.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
“Like a normal person”...so you were trying to see how many Doritos you could fit in your mouth without choking?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
“Like a normal person”...so you were trying to see how many Doritos you could fit in your mouth without choking?
Lmaooooo. Thats funny shît.

And Sean squats 345 for 17 reps like a normal person. Haha - good work dude. Must be nice to have the cv fitness to do that kinda thing.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chinups
BWx12, 10, 7

Dual Handle Pulldown
40x16, 12, 11

Meadows Row
55x13, 12, 10

Bench Press
160x15, 10, 8

Single-arm Cabe Laterals
12.5x12, 11, 8

Pinwheel Hammer Curls/Band Facepull
20x3x8/Red x3x25

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deficit SLDL
315x15, 12, 10

Barbell Step-ups
*knee high, single leg at a time
145x12, 11, 9

Zercher Good Mornings
225x15, 12, 11

Platz Squat
295x18, 14, 11

Barbell Complex
65x5x6
Squat, good morning, deadlift, row, snatch grip DL

Last edited:
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Barbell Curl
60x14, 12, 11

EZBar Tri Pushdowns
70x15, 12, 9

BTN Press
80x14, 12, 10

Prone Incline BB Shrug
165x16, 12, 11

Asst Wide Grip Pullup
x14, 11, 8

Close Grip Incline
140x13, 11, 10

3 rounds:
TRX Ab Fallouts x10
HLR x10
Pallof Press x15

Last edited:
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No exciting log updates. I'm doing the exact same thing I did last week but with an extra set and extra 5-10lbs with 2-3 reps in the tank. I'll update it all at the end of the week.

I had been doing my belt squats on a landmine attachment. Facing the opossite direction of the landmine, and straddling the bar, standing on these blocks. It was okay but I made a loading pin with some 1.5" pipe and a floor flange to try instead. The eyebolt will allow me up to 300lbs, which is plenty for a home setup. I have previously used the spud loading straps but they get wonky as **** with 45s on them.
20200414_092531.jpeg

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No exciting log updates. I'm doing the exact same thing I did last week but with an extra set and extra 5-10lbs with 2-3 reps in the tank. I'll update it all at the end of the week.

I had been doing my belt squats on a landmine attachment. Facing the opossite direction of the landmine, and straddling the bar, standing on these blocks. It was okay but I made a loading pin with some 1.5" pipe and a floor flange to try instead. The eyebolt will allow me up to 300lbs, which is plenty for a home setup. I have previously used the spud loading straps but they get wonky as **** with 45s on them.
View attachment 193087
That's an awesome idea.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Supplement recommendations? I'm running out of Noxygen. I'll probably buy more Peak02. I'm still using Green Mag. Something up the strength/endurance ally. Caffeinated or not.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What exactly are you looking for? Increased performance?

I have recently started adding 1/4tsp of Morton Lite Salt to my preWO drink in addition to the 1/4tsp I already use intra. So 300/300mg salt & potassium in me before I even begin warming up. Definitely has helped me feel more hydrated & prepared.

Focus XT has some good nootropic ingredients if you just want a baby energy drink level of caffeine but more focus. It’s very weak as a preWO though; more for work or stacked with more stims.

I have been adding 20mg preWO research grade Noopept on days I do the comp lifts for enhanced skill acquisition, and additionally adding a couple caps of Gainbusters Special Forces nootropic on lower body days for more focus.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Supplement recommendations? I'm running out of Noxygen. I'll probably buy more Peak02. I'm still using Green Mag. Something up the strength/endurance ally. Caffeinated or not.
Vaso blitz/full blitz is a great combo. Gets better over time also. I use oxygen daily also.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What exactly are you looking for? Increased performance?

I have recently started adding 1/4tsp of Morton Lite Salt to my preWO drink in addition to the 1/4tsp I already use intra. So 300/300mg salt & potassium in me before I even begin warming up. Definitely has helped me feel more hydrated & prepared.

Focus XT has some good nootropic ingredients if you just want a baby energy drink level of caffeine but more focus. It’s very weak as a preWO though; more for work or stacked with more stims.

I have been adding 20mg preWO research grade Noopept on days I do the comp lifts for enhanced skill acquisition, and additionally adding a couple caps of Gainbusters Special Forces nootropic on lower body days for more focus.
Increased performance, yes. Just gathering some outside thoughts. I've been on my Thermotab kick for a while. Cheap as fuk on amazon. Good call on Focus XT, it's been a couple of years.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Increased performance, yes. Just gathering some outside thoughts. I've been on my Thermotab kick for a while. Cheap as fuk on amazon. Good call on Focus XT, it's been a couple of years.
Morton Lite Salt is a fraction of the price per serving, with way more potassium. It’s just not as portable.

I don’t think Focus used to be as good as it is now, but I bought some used supps in the auction section and the profile seems much better. I have added some Fuel (flavored caffeine) to it when I have used it.