Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Figured the next 3 weeks I'd just do a half-ass 5/3/1 for my deadlift. I kind of strayed from my programming a bit this block. I figure any reps are going to carryover to the strongman contest. And will be much easier deadlifting a large frame than an unfixed bar.

https://instagram.com/p/BGuQNuAF9cv/

Conventional Deadlift
135x8
225x5
315x5
405x15

Sumo
405x15

Front Squat
325x2x6

Paused Tempo High Bar
325x2x6

Bulgarian Split Squat/Hamstring Curls
3x12

I'm going to have to give up on front squatting again. Crooked clavicle still won't handle it.

2 sets of 15 was good enough for me

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ehhhhhh lol I did a couple weeks ago. Every now and then I stick with it for 2-3 weeks and then stop. They're awesome though!
Yeah! My gym just acquired a new one and I've been using it. Just wondering what the optimal position would be for pushing the sled.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah! My gym just acquired a new one and I've been using it. Just wondering what the optimal position would be for pushing the sled.
Use the upright handles. If you really want to inflict self-pain, then you can use the low horizontal handles and fry your glutes. Both will give you prowler flu lol

Wendler has some prowler progressions I can post for you but really, if you just slap s couple plates on and sprint (or even pushing slowly sucks..) then it'll do somethin for ya

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use the upright handles. If you really want to inflict self-pain, then you can use the low horizontal handles and fry your glutes. Both will give you prowler flu lol

Wendler has some prowler progressions I can post for you but really, if you just slap s couple plates on and sprint (or even pushing slowly sucks..) then it'll do somethin for ya
Yup, about 15 min of pushing it my legs nearly buckled beneath me. Thanks! I'll look them up.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Figured the next 3 weeks I'd just do a half-ass 5/3/1 for my deadlift. I kind of strayed from my programming a bit this block. I figure any reps are going to carryover to the strongman contest. And will be much easier deadlifting a large frame than an unfixed bar.

https://instagram.com/p/BGuQNuAF9cv/

Conventional Deadlift
135x8
225x5
315x5
405x15

Sumo
405x15

Front Squat
325x2x6

Paused Tempo High Bar
325x2x6

Bulgarian Split Squat/Hamstring Curls
3x12

I'm going to have to give up on front squatting again. Crooked clavicle still won't handle it.

2 sets of 15 was good enough for me
405X15. Strong bro

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
405x15 is nasty

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like a barf festival in here to me, what with the 15 rep deadlifts and prowler discussion. If nothing else, training for this strongman contest is making you harder to kill, buddy.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha man that's all gokix811 with the prowler. she'd put me to shame with it.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1466174429.729800.jpg

So this will definetly work but I need 5gal buckets instead of 3. Can't load 25's in it and 10's barely fit. But, it handles just like a circus dumbell. I'll just have a tire in front of me in case I ditch it.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper

Strict Single Arm DB Press w/ Fat Gripz
Work up
80x4x6

Flat Dumbell Bench
80x5x12

Delt Raises
15xInfinity

Close Grip Seated Cable Row
160x8x10

Bi/Tri
100 reps total each

Banded Triple Threats
x3x15

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sandbag Carry
25ft at 50", twice each
125?

Farmer Carry
3x50ft with 255

https://instagram.com/p/BGzWqgxl9cb/

I'm lapping it easier now. Just having trouble standing up. But, I got 3 total picks with the 250 and 2 "runs" with it. The second pick never made it high enough in my chest and I dumped it halfway down. So, made my goal of at least picking the fücker up. Thank you boot camp seabag.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lower

Safety Squat Bar Squat
422x10
422x4x5

Done. Goal was 422x3x10 and then 3x10 drop sets. Poor sleep did me in today. Got too light headed pushing that first set.

Split Squats/GHR
5x12

Poop

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper

Close-Grip Axle Bench
215x4x8

Axle Push Press
Work up to 185x6
Strict
125x3x8

Seated Chest Supported Row
115x5x15

Seated Low Pulley Facepull
55x5x15

Occluded Bi/Tri's
4 sets

I like occluded arms only because for 3 minutes they almost look like breezy11 arms

And I believe Chris Duffin is a half hour away from me today. I'm tempted to go crash Cressey Performance.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man that would be awesome to see him. Is that a close grip bench press sighting in here!?!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
That's why I lift for me anymore at least u have a shot thou

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Two pounds! The nerve of that guy. Looks like he did it in sleeves, too.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lower

Conventional
135x8
225x5
315x3
405x3
455x12

Sumo
455x12

Narrow Stances/Slightly High Bar Squat
135x5
225x5
315x3
365x15
365x2x10
365x15

Leg Curl/Extension
120 Reps a peice

https://instagram.com/p/BHAThiUF9fA/

I just want to throw up. This makes me feel out of shape. I started losing my left strap with the sumo which was a bummer because I was gonna crank out until 20 or death.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I heard once that 380x8 or something like that has the calorie burning equivalent of a ten minute walk on the treadmill. So if you think about it like that, you've got a good enough cardiovascular system to stave off death for at least another month or two!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I heard once that 380x8 or something like that has the calorie burning equivalent of a ten minute walk on the treadmill. So if you think about it like that, you've got a good enough cardiovascular system to stave off death for at least another month or two!
I also heard that anytime a powerlifter lifts over 10 reps and angel falls from heaven and is consumed by the devil

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn. Sounds good. Gonna have to try and hunt that down

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had to have a store order it for me. Maybe you'll have better luck your way.
Binny's Beverage Depot 15 mins from my house has their stuff. It says that one is "limited availability". 14$ for a 5th of that is awesome too, damn.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Binny's Beverage Depot 15 mins from my house has their stuff. It says that one is "limited availability". 14$ for a 5th of that is awesome too, damn.
I'd snag it while you can. No joke how good it tastes. I drank a quarter bottle in 3 seconds painlessly.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bet it's great for cooking too.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper

Strict Single Arm DB OHP
5's up to 90x5
65x3x12

Flat DB Bench
90x5x10

Close Grip Seated Cable Row
Ran up the rack for 100 total reps

Bi/Tri
4x12

Then I helped setup and judged my gym's Push/Pull comp the following 2 hours. I got deadlift antsy watching everyone deadlift and decided to sumo deadlift a cold/hook gripped/unpeaked 590 which had the speed of an opener. Pretty satisfied with that.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lower

Safety Squat Bar Squat
482x7.85 saw stars with rep 8 and rode it down
432x8
342x8
252x2x8

Stiff-Legged DB DL/Single-leg LP
85 vs Average Band x4x10/2pps x4x12

Leg Ext/Leg Curl
130 total reps each

https://instagram.com/p/BHI0HQ5DZ6w/

+2, almost 3, rep PR for 482 wrapless. I lost my upper back and instantly saw stars when I hit the wall. Just squatted back down with it. Still satisfied with the sets I got in.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro, that set was the definition of intensity. You took it to the limit.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hahahah thanks guys. I should have shut it down at 7 but if I did 7 then I should do 8, otherwise I should have just done 6. 7 is such an inbetween rep number lol

close grip axle benching today. think I'll work up to a top set of 5 or 6 and then back off sets again, same with push-press I think

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper

https://instagram.com/p/BHKooeqDVgg/

Close-ish Grip Axle Bench
Work up
245x6