Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use iMovie on my iPhone. I can have the video edited and uploaded by the time I even get in my truck to leave the gym.

The rolling tri ext are good, stole them from Rodja's and Herder's logs.

You PL?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Roger. Starting the Cube tomorrow, meet in late July.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck. Chech out Herderdude's and Iamonster's logs. I believe they're the only ones actively logging the Cube on here, though Herder is doing strongman now.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like good speed on the benching bubba.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bud. Playing it by ear with what feels right for weight with the bench this cycle to make me not suck lol Just need some stronger shoulders now

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the sticking point is off the chest then shoulders are the culprit.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bunch a old dudes!

it's most definetly my shoulders...my primary movement on the body day will always be overhead movements, as Lilly said it should be in his book. I neglected that during the latter half of the last cycle

my back is wrecked. snatch grip yesterday and the row and DB cleans, holy crap

napalm

napalm

Awards
old age and treachery will always defeat youth and exuberance...

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely good speed and smooth on the speed benching. If you get the blast shirt, just wear that bad boy and it'll save your shoulders for certain. It doesn't give a ton of pop, but it totally protects the shoulders.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Made weighins at work today. At my height, if I weigh over 193 (max allowable) I have to be taped off around the belly and neck and the difference is taken to a chart which shows body fat. Measured 4 times, ranges from 23% to 21%. However, I did drop from 215-210 overnight so that reduced any belly bloat. This will be the last time I cut weight for anything. I'll get down to 205-210 in a healthy manner and maintain my weight around there until I find a competition in which I can decide to compete in the 198's. Ideally I'd like to be a big 198.

Core exercises tonight and some farmer walks. Mobility work Tuesday. PT test Wednesday morning (1.5 run in under 12:54, push-ups/sit-ups) then RE squat, maybe a reverse band set, heavy GMs and lunges. Body day Thursday, OHP/Back/tri/bi.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work! Did you leave a puddle on the floor after you took your plastic off? I've lost five pounds this week just from not being a BFF powerlifter.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Took a steaming hot shower with it on. Belly went from 40" to 37.5". Here on out it'll be all healthy dieting. After the sleeve of chips ahoy I ate..all I'm eatin is chicken breast and Ezekial bread..and peanut butter..okay and the 3 stuffed peppers I ate at lunch

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol. I'm with you. I bought five candy bars at a convenience store the other day. I felt like it, so I ate it. But I was getting to have a tough time putting pants on and tying shoes, so it was time to suck it in a little bit.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
I'm cleaning up the diet as well. Basically ate whatever I wanted and however much I wanted since Thanksgiving. Waist went WAY up. Almost had to buy new jeans!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WTF, diet?? Does not compute. Skinny mofos.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol unfortunately I can't weigh as much as I'd like to. I'd like to be a big 198..or a not fat 220

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha! I'd like to be a not fat 275, but...I'd rather eat ice cream and sh!t.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This reminds of a guy I talk to here and there at work. He is a competing natural bodybuilder and I asked him the other day how much he weighs and he said 198. I weigh 202, 203 at the time, and guy looks twice my size.

Moral is, Sean, your dream of being a big 198 can happen lol.

Edit: dudes got dem genetics too

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I hear ya Rob. I don't have anything to to worry about weight for so I'm just going to eat for strength and not worry about size yet.

**** genetics!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Intensity equals Immensity :wink1:

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good evening Jim. What are you doing this fine hour?
Pulling a four hour guard shift on a bunch of tents that we don't even need until next week but set up a week early.

And then going to sleep at work because I have to be there for formation 3 hours after I get relieved.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pulling a four hour guard shift on a bunch of tents that we don't even need until next week but set up a week early.

And then going to sleep at work because I have to be there for formation 3 hours after I get relieved.
Meh, OPS normal right? We just stood by all afternoon in case we had to enhance anything because of the bombs.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meh, OPS normal right? We just stood by all afternoon in case we had to enhance anything because of the bombs.
Lol it wouldn't be so gay if I didn't get off work 3 hours after the rest of my PLT because I was setting up these tents.

And its a BN detail, none of the other guys in my PLT are on it.....

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol it wouldn't be so gay if I didn't get off work 3 hours after the rest of my PLT because I was setting up these tents.

And its a BN detail, none of the other guys in my PLT are on it.....
lol that blows..Glad I'm an e-5 sucker! we run a 24/7 watch here e-4 below

napalm

napalm

Awards
Ah yes, standing guard for no reason, the memories

<----USS Forrestal CV-59 1981-1984...

napalm

napalm

Awards
double 4-8's for the win

heard they're mothballing that ship
They mothballed it in the 90's. I believe they're going to make a reef out of it like they did with the oriskany.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They mothballed it in the 90's. I believe they're going to make a reef out of it like they did with the oriskany.
Ya I meant to say reef. Tied up in Newport a few years ago and saw her rotting away with her sister ship.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I'd love to go visit that pig one more time. I was in V-2 Div, arresting gear...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
meh, I woke up at 4am to dewater a fishin boat offshore
Lol I'm actually glad they didn't because now I got a comp day.
I barely have an idea what you guys are talking about.

Why is it called mothballing?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
An old decommissioned warship can be "mothballed" where they leave it moored up somewhere JUST in case world war 3 happens and the navy needs a ship from 1945.

Napalm is like a mothball :p

napalm

napalm

Awards
An old decommissioned warship can be "mothballed" where they leave it moored up somewhere JUST in case world war 3 happens and the navy needs a ship from 1945.

Napalm is like a mothball :p
:middlefinger:

Your time is coming Alice...

:biglaugh:

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
APA June 2nd maybe. Push/Pull meet June 30th just for fun at my gym. EPF meet Aug 17th maybe. Thought I saw an APF meet early June, still looking.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://youtu.be/0b1A5zMVLRY

Cube Method W1 RE Squat

Prewo: 4 Joint Help caps, Joint Force spray, 1.5x Enhanced, 5g creating mono, 9g CitMal, 1 scoop Gatorade and 10g MBCAA

Intra: 1 scoop Gatorade, 10g MBCAA

Warmup:
Banded hip mobility exercises, Foam roll, BW lunges, BW squats, banded GM's

Buffalo Bar Squat
145x10
235x8
285x5
325x3
375x8 + belt
395x8 + belt + Wraps

14" Cambered Bar GMs
255x6
285x6
315x6 PR
165x12

Parking Lot Walking DB Lunges
50x15x2
50x8

Those ****ing smoked me

Light (orange EFS) banded GMs+35lb DB's
x20x2

Standing Cable Crunches
160x20
175x15x3

2x1 Minute Planks

Not my strongest squat day ever. Am still fairly exhausted from duty the last 48 hours in only having a combined 9 hours of sleep.Things pick up at work in the better weather and the recent bombings added onto that as I'm stationed in the area. 375 w/o wraps was solid. I wrapped my right knee slightly low on my thigh w/395 and felt like it threw me off slightly. I keep slipping my stance out wider and it's preventing me from hitting the depth I want. I was a few inches more narrow in my meet and training prior too. Off I go to eat and sleep.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Squats seem strong to me. Nice set.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just went into it hoping to hit more below parallel I guess. It's been a while since I've gotten reps in with squats.

I never can find a comfortable position with my hands on the cambered bar. Where do you guys place them?