Saw Palmetto - Does it block androgen receptors?

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I was reading some information on a forum primairly associated with HRT that stated that at little as 320mg of Saw Palmetto daily can block androgen receptors? The posters who believe this to be true did not have any research studies to support this but had their own personal lab work.

My question that I have been unable to find some scientific evidence to support is, is it true that Saw Palmetto can block androgen receptors?

Thanks for the discussion.

Nickype

Awards
I was reading some information on a forum primairly associated with HRT that stated that at little as 320mg of Saw Palmetto daily can block androgen receptors? The posters who believe this to be true did not have any research studies to support this but had their own personal lab work.

My question that I have been unable to find some scientific evidence to support is, is it true that Saw Palmetto can block androgen receptors?

Thanks for the discussion.
Seems odd that been using it in cycle support supplements for ages and it's not come up before from what I've seen

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are worried about this you should be worried about soy.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
If you are worried about this you should be worried about soy.
I do avoid soy. Thank you.

However if my greens supp contained 900mg of soy (a very small amount) I would not be concerned about it.