SARMS Question-Ostarine(MK2866) ONLY

vikramrathore

Awards

Hi

I am on a clean bulk/recomp(Maintenance + heavy lifting). I am on a 10 month bulking

cycle, and I am looking for lean gains, with minimal sides. I have some questions

1) Can I start the Ostarine now MK2866 or should I wait toward the end of the 10

month

2) What kind of PCT do I need ?

3) I am **** scared of Gyno, so should I take Xtane(12.5 mg every three days)

4) Should I run 25 per day or 12.5 per day ?

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For the gyno I would say 12.5mg exemstane e3d.

Also I would personally start the Osta now your gonna get some lean mass and strength gains.

PCT, I would say clomid at 50/50/25/25 along with OL super pct. you can throw in some non hormonal products as well that would help keep your gains in PCT.

vikramrathore

Awards
For the gyno I would say 12.5mg exemstane e3d.

Also I would personally start the Osta now your gonna get some lean mass and strength gains.

PCT, I would say clomid at 50/50/25/25 along with OL super pct. you can throw in some non hormonal products as well that would help keep your gains in PCT.
cool on the xtane

On a totally different topic, when I want to cut, I wanted to do it with Test and VAR Only, is there a good cutting SARM stack also that will yield similar results or should I go with my planned TEST and VAR ?

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yates84 and Dma378 can answer this better than I. But I would say for cutting with SARMs, Osta along with some GW-501516 would be pretty nice.

vikramrathore

Awards
yates84 and Dma378 can answer this better than I. But I would say for cutting with SARMs, Osta along with some GW-501516 would be pretty nice.
Better than the VAR and Test ?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off, diet cuts, compounds don't. So get that out of your head.

ou say you've been on a 10 month bulking cycle, what does that mean. Bulking "diet" or bulking with steroids too?

You are terrified of gyno, what is your current gyno and hormone situation?

Need more details to understand what you're getting at.

The easy answer on the Ostarine is that, Yes it is great on a cut. I just don't understand all the exemestane talk and 10 month cycle talk in between the question.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got my a$* handed to me for not recommending an AI, since they are recommended in Yates user guide

vikramrathore

Awards
First off, diet cuts, compounds don't. So get that out of your head.

ou say you've been on a 10 month bulking cycle, what does that mean. Bulking "diet" or bulking with steroids too?

You are terrified of gyno, what is your current gyno and hormone situation?

Need more details to understand what you're getting at.

The easy answer on the Ostarine is that, Yes it is great on a cut. I just don't understand all the exemestane talk and 10 month cycle talk in between the question.
when I say a 10 month cycle, I mean a bulking workout with maintenance calories, no Steroids.

Gyno: Just scared with the idea of Gyno mate.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
when I say a 10 month cycle, I mean a bulking workout with maintenance calories, no Steroids.

Gyno: Just scared with the idea of Gyno mate.
Ok. Just wanted to clarify that you have not been on "cycle" for 10 months already.

So to answer the question again, yes ostarine is great at preserving muscle on a cut. Will also help with endurance, strength, and pump while in a calorie deficit. I love Osta. Sure it's a good idea to have some exemestane on hand, but I wouldn't use it unless you needed to. Wouldn't use it automatically. If you start feeling like you're holding a bit of water or any nipple sensitivity, 12.5mg e3d is good. Unless it's RC, then who knows. Pharma exemestane you can rely on that e3d dosing.

Just to also clarify, the proper exemestane dose if you had gyno. Not sensitive nipples, gyno, would be 25mg eod.

vikramrathore

Awards
Cool sounds good, and ostarine will help with a clean bulk as in slow but good muscle mass ?

How about pct ? Is clomid good enough or nolva ?

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established

Hi

I am on a clean bulk/recomp(Maintenance + heavy lifting). I am on a 10 month bulking

cycle, and I am looking for lean gains, with minimal sides. I have some questions

1) Can I start the Ostarine now MK2866 or should I wait toward the end of the 10

month

2) What kind of PCT do I need ?

3) I am **** scared of Gyno, so should I take Xtane(12.5 mg every three days)

4) Should I run 25 per day or 12.5 per day ?
I have just finished an Osta cycle at 25mg and now doing an OTC PCT. I gained some lean muscle and dropped a few inches around the waist.
I logged it here: First Osta cycle
Based on my experience, if you decided to go with 25mg I would keep it at 6 weeks, if you're going to go with 12.5mg then go for 8 weeks. From my pre-PCT blood results and others I have seen, while Osta suppresses test levels, LH and FSH *generally* remain in the normal range, so doing an OTC PCT is usually an option. Osta does not aromatize, so gyno should not be a problem.
That said, conventional wisdom (and what most guys will recommend) says to use an AI and a SERM. My decision to not follow the customary approach of using a SERM was based on hard data from my blood test. BUT it does not mean I did not have AI and Nolva on hand in case things went pear shaped.
I recommend reading yates84 's thread SARM's, MK, & GW : A User's Guide and sanmarino posted some good info in my thread.

vikramrathore

Awards
Wow super informative bro. Ok tell me something what does otc pct mean ?

Also- what do you recommend for someone trying for the the first time 12.5 or 25 ?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool sounds good, and ostarine will help with a clean bulk as in slow but good muscle mass ?

How about pct ? Is clomid good enough or nolva ?
Osta is much better suited for maintaining lean body mass while in a deficit. If you're looking to bulk there are other sarms such as lgd and rad that are better geared towards a bulk.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Wow super informative bro. Ok tell me something what does otc pct mean ?

Also- what do you recommend for someone trying for the the first time 12.5 or 25 ?
OTC means that instead of using a prescription med like Nolva or Clomid, you are using an over-the-counter product. An OTC product will not be as strong as a SERM, but it puts less stress on the body than a SERM. I think there are times when a SERM is necessary and times when a SERM might be an overkill. In my case I had hard facts supporting my choice to do an OTC PCT, but if you don't have blood results, then SERMs are the safe path.
In my opinion, if you can get bloods done, spend the extra money. This is your health.

As far as the dose, I would recommend starting at 12.5mg for the first week or two to see how you feel. However, I don't have a foot to stand on because I just jumped in at 25mg. Maybe some other of the guys will weigh in with their recommendations.

vikramrathore

Awards
Oh man now im confused. Will research on lgd and rad as well

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
unreal89

unreal89

Awards
I prefer nolvadex just my opinion as clomid has more rebound

vikramrathore

Awards
Thanks for all the super info guys. So, after a lot of reading, I have decided on what I am going to run.

Since I am eating a maintenance diet and lifting heavy, my aim is not to bulk as I am carrying some unwanted body fat. My aim is to recomp. So, this is what I am going to run

Week 1-8
Ostarine-10/10/15/15/20/20/25/25
Xtane:12.5 e3d
Supps: Creatine, Protein, BCAA and Pre Workouts
PCT-Nolva 40/40/20/20

CUT
I will be following a carb tapering diet, for about 4-5 months during my cut. Now, I am a bit confused as to what will bring me better results from these 2 options

OPTION 1
VAR and Test Combo
Supps:Creatine, Protein, BCAA and Pre Workouts

OPTION 2
1-12 MK-2866 (OSTARINE) 25 MG PER DAY
1-12 S4 (ANDARINE) 50 MG PER DAY
1-12 GW-501516 20 MG PER DAY

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the super info guys. So, after a lot of reading, I have decided on what I am going to run.

Since I am eating a maintenance diet and lifting heavy, my aim is not to bulk as I am carrying some unwanted body fat. My aim is to recomp. So, this is what I am going to run

Week 1-8
Ostarine-10/10/15/15/20/20/25/25
Xtane:12.5 e3d
Supps: Creatine, Protein, BCAA and Pre Workouts
PCT-Nolva 40/40/20/20

CUT
I will be following a carb tapering diet, for about 4-5 months during my cut. Now, I am a bit confused as to what will bring me better results from these 2 options

OPTION 1
VAR and Test Combo

OPTION 2
1-12 MK-2866 (OSTARINE) 25 MG PER DAY
1-12 S4 (ANDARINE) 50 MG PER DAY
1-12 GW-501516 20 MG PER DAY
For your ostarine run you only need to take Exemestane if you have signs of high estrogen. Taking it otherwise could crash your E2 levels which would cause a lot of nasty side effects. Also, your Nolva dosing only needs to be 20/20/10/10. That will be plenty.

For your question about choosing a SARM's cycle or an AAS cycle to cut with, I suggest getting a couple SARM's or ph cycles under your belt before delving into injectable steroids. In a way they are very safe, but a lot more care and knowledge is needed to cycle them successfully. Your risk of gyno would be quite a bit higher with a test cycle also. Cutting is driven by diet. Osta and GW would do wonders if your diet is on point.

vikramrathore

Awards
Thank you tons jebrook. How about just a var cycle during cutting. I know test is always supposed to be the base so i guess instead of doing var only ill stick woth osta,gw and s4 for my cut when the time comes

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
Why not just run methylated pH why sarm then jump to a as?

vikramrathore

Awards
No its not a definite. Ive done var once and i has good results so just trying to figure out if a sarm or a sarm stack can mirror that

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I prefer nolvadex just my opinion as clomid has more rebound
Chances of rebound are the same for both, that's why tapering them both down in pct is reccomended. It's not about the serm you use but what the level of estrogen in your body is at when the serm is discontinued ;)

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No its not a definite. Ive done var once and i has good results so just trying to figure out if a sarm or a sarm stack can mirror that
We can sit here and speculate on what would be best for you but that's all it is, speculation.
1) pick a compound based on your current goals. Risk vs. Reward is a good way to help with your decision.
2) study this compound and learn all the instructions and outs of it including potential side effects and necessary ancillaries that might be needed.
3) purchase compound, pct, and all necessary ancillaries BEFORE you start your cycle.
4) run your cycle.
5) assess your cycle: how were the results compared to the side effects? Was it effective in helping you reach your goals?

This is always going to be a big expirament when trying new compounds. If you had a successful var cycle and liked the results then do var again. If you want to try something new then go for it. That's half the fun of this game.

vikramrathore

Awards
So I am reading online that its a waste running Ostra at anything less than 25 mg per day. Is that right ?

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
So I am reading online that its a waste running Ostra at anything less than 25 mg per day. Is that right ?
As with everything else, things are both dose and user dependent. Some people do well with 25mg, some people do well with less, and some just don't do well with Osta.

Db2

Db2

Awards
I'm looking at an upcoming run for cutting with osta. My schedule was a bit off because of a late winter bulk that got delayed after trying some bunk product.

Anyhow, I have ostalean and can run 25mg for 8 weeks. Is it definitely advisable to stack this with other compounds, or will I get fairly good preservation with osta solo? I'm looking to have as little suppression as possible but enough going to help with preservation during the cut. I'm also not looking to spend a ton of cash on questionable adjuncts.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking at an upcoming run for cutting with osta. My schedule was a bit off because of a late winter bulk that got delayed after trying some bunk product.

Anyhow, I have ostalean and can run 25mg for 8 weeks. Is it definitely advisable to stack this with other compounds, or will I get fairly good preservation with osta solo? I'm looking to have as little suppression as possible but enough going to help with preservation during the cut. I'm also not looking to spend a ton of cash on questionable adjuncts.
25mg for 8 weeks, you're going to have slightly more than just a little suppression.
Here is the log of my cycle of Osta at 25mg for 6 weeks, including pre-cycle, pre-PCT, and post-cycle bloods: First Osta cycle

Db2

Db2

Awards
Dang! Thanks for sharing! I usually do a ton of research but thought ostarine was mellow enough but wow! What would be a good recommended dose for 6'3, 225lbs, 12% bf for an 8 week cutting/recomp run?

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I will point you to yates84's exellent SARMs guide, specifically the Osta post: SARM's, MK, & GW : A User's Guide - Post #9
For cutting he presents two different cycles. If this is your first cycle, I would recommend going with the 15mg ED cycle, starting with 6 weeks. Then at the end of the 6 weeks see how you feel and if you feel great, extend your cycle for another two weeks. My opinion is that Osta is better for a longer cycle than 6 weeks.

Of course, I am recommending 15mg after I did 25mg ... not quite eating my own dogfood here! The reason I did that is that my Osta caps were 25mg. I have since picked up some 5mg caps, so for my next cycle I am planning a lower dose of 15mg or 20mg but for 8 weeks. It should be a whole lot less suppressive and I can run it a little longer.

Make sure you have a PCT planned. For 15mg, Yates seems ok with an OTC PCT. I did an OTC PCT after my cycle at 25mg, but I had Nolva on hand and the final decision was made after I saw the pre-PCT values. Again, for PCT, if you chose to go traditional, I would recommend what Yates outlined for the Advanced Cut cycle, or Nolva at 20/10/10. If you decide to go OTC, I would suggest doing 8 weeks. Again here ... not eating my own dogfood. My 4 week OTC PCT was quite good, I thought, based on post-cycle values, and now I'm just letting my T values return to baseline normally. However, on my next cycle I am planning to extend it to 8 weeks, just to give it ample time to help in a faster recovery.

And as a final suggestion, I would recommend doing bloods before the cycle to get a baseline. Be safe.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I will point you to yates84's exellent SARMs guide, specifically the Osta post: SARM's, MK, & GW : A User's Guide - Post #9
For cutting he presents two different cycles. If this is your first cycle, I would recommend going with the 15mg ED cycle, starting with 6 weeks. Then at the end of the 6 weeks see how you feel and if you feel great, extend your cycle for another two weeks. My opinion is that Osta is better for a longer cycle than 6 weeks.

Of course, I am recommending 15mg after I did 25mg ... not quite eating my own dogfood here! The reason I did that is that my Osta caps were 25mg. I have since picked up some 5mg caps, so for my next cycle I am planning a lower dose of 15mg or 20mg but for 8 weeks. It should be a whole lot less suppressive and I can run it a little longer.

Make sure you have a PCT planned. For 15mg, Yates seems ok with an OTC PCT. I did an OTC PCT after my cycle at 25mg, but I had Nolva on hand and the final decision was made after I saw the pre-PCT values. Again, for PCT, if you chose to go traditional, I would recommend what Yates outlined for the Advanced Cut cycle, or Nolva at 20/10/10. If you decide to go OTC, I would suggest doing 8 weeks. Again here ... not eating my own dogfood. My 4 week OTC PCT was quite good, I thought, based on post-cycle values, and now I'm just letting my T values return to baseline normally. However, on my next cycle I am planning to extend it to 8 weeks, just to give it ample time to help in a faster recovery.

And as a final suggestion, I would recommend doing bloods before the cycle to get a baseline. Be safe.
what do you recommend if bloods are not taken?

Db2

Db2

Awards
Thanks much for that great info! I've done 3 cycles now, epi, h-drol, and dmz 2.0. Honestly the epistane was ok, h-drol was almost non responsive, and I was scared to do the dmz after reading so many bad sides, but it treated me really nicely with no unusual sides to speak of (ran it with epi-andro). I've just finished my pct (clomid/daa / reduce xt / etc) and was hoping to run some Ostarine after another 4-6 weeks (I know, jumping the gun a bit) but I didn't know it was that suppressive. The ostalean is a 12.5 mg pill. Wondering if that dose is weak for my size or the smart one to go with? I really got started late this winter and would like to trim down, but don't want to completely whack my hpta out so close to the dmz cycle or give away gains. I was planning on doing a light clomid pct + some daa since I have some surplus.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Thanks much for that great info! I've done 3 cycles now, epi, h-drol, and dmz 2.0. Honestly the epistane was ok, h-drol was almost non responsive, and I was scared to do the dmz after reading so many bad sides, but it treated me really nicely with no unusual sides to speak of (ran it with epi-andro). I've just finished my pct (clomid/daa / reduce xt / etc) and was hoping to run some Ostarine after another 4-6 weeks (I know, jumping the gun a bit) but I didn't know it was that suppressive. The ostalean is a 12.5 mg pill. Wondering if that dose is weak for my size or the smart one to go with? I really got started late this winter and would like to trim down, but don't want to completely whack my hpta out so close to the dmz cycle or give away gains. I was planning on doing a light clomid pct + some daa since I have some surplus.
I know people will say nay or yea to the daa-

as far as the dose, its better to start off small and gradually increase

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
what do you recommend if bloods are not taken?
That's a difficult one. If you do not have bloods you're guessing, whereas bloods give you all the info you need. Seeing that Db2 is looking at Osta because it is mild, it doesn't make sense to use Clomid or Nolva, which have their own sides. So I strongly suggest doing bloods on the first cycle. On the second cycle, you can maybe skip because you already have a pretty good idea of where you are at.
However, if bloods are not taken, I would defer to Yates' guide, just to be on the safe side. OTC for 15mg, as long a it's only 6-8 weeks. Clomid or Nolva.

So be safe, but if you have the option of doing bloods, always do bloods.
Always-be-batman.jpg