First Osta cycle

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
*** Please do not mention any brands or ask about brands on this thread. They will not be answered. ***
Please respect the forum rules.

Hi all,

I have been lurking on this board for awhile, reading up on SARMs. I started my first Osta cycle 5 days ago and decided to log it to add to the "body of knowledge" and just simply to give back to the forum.

This will be my first cycle ever. I am 46 and been lifting since I was 18, with on/off periods in between. Kind of gave up a few years ago because I wasn't seeing any improvements, until everything started making sense this Spring. Been reading a lot and decided to dip a toe.

This is a living document. As I go progress through my cycle I will edit this post and add information that may be useful or relevant, so that the most important details are all in one place and you don't have to read through all the chit-chat.

I got bloods done before starting and will do so post cycle-pre PCT and then again post PCT.
I will post the initial values when I get a response from the lab.

My details: 46yo, 5"7", 168lbs, 14-15%bf, waist 35".

My cycle will be 6 weeks of Osta at 25/25/25/25/25/25.
Specifically:
  • Osta, 25mg ED
  • Creatine, one teaspoon ED
  • Bulbine 1400mg, as needed
PCT: I haven't yet decided if the PCT will be OTC (DAA and Bulbine, maybe BLR Rebirth) or Nolva. I am planning to hold off and see what the bloods look like at the end of the cycle.

OTC PCT will be 4 weeks as follows:
  • Rebirth, 2 capsules, one in the morning and one at night
  • Bulbine, 5,000g, split half in the morning half at night (5 days on, 2 days off)
  • DAA, 3,000g, split half in the morning half at night
Nolva PCT will be 3 weeks at the following dosage:
20/10/10

I won't be logging workouts because I am still figuring things back out again after the time off, so it won't make much sense. Will primarily log weight, bf, strength changes, etc.

Ostarine is Osta-Elite from Focused Nutrition.

Supplements (was taking prior to cycle and continuing):
  • Multi vitamin
  • Glucosamine & Chondroitine *
  • Omega 3 *
  • Vitamin C (started when I was sick and just finishing out the bottle)
  • Magnesium
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin D
* Glucosamine & Chondroitine and Omega 3 are primarily due to a hip I dislocated awhile ago and that every now and again gives me some trouble.

Cycle and PCT log are below in post #3.

PCT will be OTC unless I start feeling bad, in which case I will switch to Nolva PCT.
*PCT was OTC for four weeks.

Blood test results
This is just the lab summaries. Details are discussed in later posts.

Pre cycle (Dec 23)
Code:
TESTOSTERONE                   19.3   nmol/L        7.6 - 31.4         (557  ng/dl    219 - 905.4)
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB       48     nmol/L        16 - 55
17-Beta OESTRADIOL             54     pmol/L        < 192
FSH                            --     mIU/mL        1.6-8.0
LH                             --     mIU/mL        1.5-9.3

TRIGLYCERIDES                  1.1    mmol/L        < 2.3
CHOLESTEROL                    5.1    mmol/L        Optimum <5.0
HDL CHOLESTEROL                2.0    mmol/L        0.9 - 1.5
LDL CHOLESTEROL                2.6    mmol/L        Up to 3.0
Lab note: Total cholesterol is high because of high HDL.  Not considered an issue.
Post cycle / pre PCT (Feb 4)
Code:
TESTOSTERONE                   4.3     nmol/L       7.6 - 31.4         (124  ng/dl    219 - 905.4)
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB       14      nmol/L       16 - 55
FSH                            4.2     IU/mL        1.5-12.4
LH                             4.0     IU/mL        1.7-8.6

TESTOSTERONE/SHBG Ratio        30.7    24-104
Lab note: Your testosterone / SHBG Ratio indicates that your available testosterone is within the normal range albeit at the lower end.
Post cycle (Mar 11)
Code:
TESTOSTERONE                   16.2   nmol/L        7.6 - 31.4         (467  ng/dl    219 - 905.4)
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB       --     nmol/L        16 - 55
17-Beta OESTRADIOL             <44    pmol/L        < 192

TRIGLYCERIDES                  0.7    mmol/L        < 2.3
CHOLESTEROL                    4.2    mmol/L        Optimum <5.0
HDL CHOLESTEROL                1.7    mmol/L        0.9 - 1.5
LDL CHOLESTEROL                2.2    mmol/L        Up to 3.0
Note: there is no SHBG value because, per the lab, they ran out of blood for testing. I will have another blood draw for SHBG values.

Last edited:
Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
25mg a day seems high - I'm 6'4 250 and running 15mg daily. But I'm gonna up it to 20mg soon.
Get a proper serm like nolva or clomid
They are cheap and needed - don't wait for blood work

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
This is a living document, so I will update this post as my cycle & PCT progress.

* Cycle Log
Start: Dec 23
Length: 6 weeks (42 days)

Week 1 (Dec 23)
Day 1: No change.
* Weight: 168.8 lbs. Waist: 35”

Day 2: No change.

Day 3: Already seeing slight strength increases in the form of couple extra reps per set before exhaustion. Will increase weights. Feeling slightly fuller, but maybe that is due to the extra reps.

Day 4: Had a nagging shoulder pain for the past couple of months, I think caused by bad sleeping posture, that seems to have all but resolved itself.
* Weight: 168.8 lbs. Waist: 35”

Day 5: Cautiously increased weight as I don't want my shoulder issue to come back.

Day 6: Rest day. No soreness at all, but still feeling a slight pump from yesterday's workout.

Day 7: No change.

Week 2 (Dec 30)
Day 8: Crappy workout today. Will pick it up tomorrow.

Day 9: I am not feeling the pump as much despite a harder workout, but it is quite visible. More of a feeling of fullness.

Day 10: Pump is still elusive, although had another intense workout. When I say pump, it's that feeling that your muscles want to break out of your skin and run amok. However I'm still feeling "fuller" since yesterday. After a couple of hours I feel like I could easily do another workout.

Day 11: Rest day. Still feeling fuller muscles, but so far no soreness any of the days after intense workouts. Today was weigh day. Waist measurement went down by 1 inch, weight increased by 4.7 lbs. I am taking these as indicative values only, as measurements can change throughout the day.
* Weight: 173.5 lbs. Waist: 34”.

Day 12: Intense workout again today. No soreness from previous days. Slight pump, but more of the full muscle feeling.

Day 13: Last night noticed that my testicles were hanging uneven, with the left one closer to the body. Took 1500mg of bulbine and that seemed to help, although I woke up this morning to terrible gas and an upset stomach. At this point not sure if it was the bulbine or potentially some other food that caused it. Despite the upset stomach, I was ravenously hungry all day. Will take bulbine again tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. Did not affect workout and intensity.

Day 14: No issues with the bulbine today, so yesterday's upset stomach must have been something else I ate. No creatine, but took 1500mg of DAA.

Week 3 (Jan 6)
Day 15: No change. Feeling good. Stopping bulbine and DAA.

Day 16: No change. Almost killed legs. Recovery from workouts has been incredible. I haven't been sore once yet, despite going to failure.

Day 17: Rest day. No creatine today. Definitely looking fuller.

Day 18: Yoga day today. It was intense and legs are tired, but still no soreness. Will most likely be recovered by tomorrow. Today was also weigh day. Waist measurement went down by 0.5 inch, weight increased by 0.4 lbs. Smaller gains, but still moving in the right direction.
* Weight: 173.9 lbs. Waist: 33.5”.

Day 19: No change. Recovery still out of this world. Ready for another workout within an hour!

Day 20: Had an amazing workout today. It definitely felt like an increase in strength. Both workout intensity and reps to failure increased dramatically. Definitely more intense than the bump on day 3.

Day 21: Another good workout with visible improvement. Now reaching the midway point with a nice kick. Still not feeling sore and recuperating amazingly fast, Looking forward to the next three weeks.

Week 4 (Jan 13)
Day 22: Crappy workout today. Will pick it up tomorrow.

Day 23: Haven't gotten a good rest in the past few days, so going to take a rest day and an early bedtime.

Day 24: Pretty good workout today, fairly intense. I got a pump in my biceps for about 30 minutes, then it wore off, leaving me with this muscle fullness feeling that I have been having since the beginning of the cycle.

Day 25: Two yoga sessions today. One in the morning, one in the afternoon, both pretty killer on the legs, but I am not feeling sore. I love doing yoga while on Osta! Today was also weigh day. My waist remained the same as last week, but my weight increased by about 1 lb. Not a lot, but it's still increasing.
* Weight: 174.8 lbs. Waist: 33.5”.

Day 26: Feeling physically tired from yesterday, so took a rest day.

Day 27: Good workout, but not feeling the same energy surge I felt on days 20 and 21. However still exercising solidly and no soreness whatsoever.

Day 28: Pretty good workout today. Energy levels are back up. Shoulders are looking thicker and seeing slightly more definition in the abs area.

Week 5 (Jan 20)
Day 29: No change. Workout was decent, but got really hungry half way through. These past few days my appetite has increased. Not feeling any lethargy so far.

Day 30: Another strong workout. The recovery between sets is unbelievable. Been eating more than normal.

Day 31: Rest day. Decided not to take creatine today, just Osta. Still not feeling sore at all. Tomorrow is weigh day, so looking forward to this week's numbers.

Day 32: Again no creatine today. Yoga day today. I really like doing yoga while on Osta. Normally stretches are a struggle because both my hams and quads are tight and intense stretches will leave me sore the next day. In this case, after warming up, I feel my muscles stretching like Play-Doh. This is really weird. Today was also weigh day. My weight increased by 1.3 lbs, so still increasing, but my waist increased by 0.5". This is strange because I feel I am pinching less in the waist area. Is my waist fat being redistributed??
* Weight: 176.1 lbs. Waist: 34”.

Day 33: Still no creatine today. Maybe will restart tomorrow or wait until PCT to restart The workout felt a little more challenging, but no drop in results.

Day 34: Still no creatine, just Osta. Workout was intense and challenging, but still doing good.

Day 35: Still no creatine. Intense workout as always and still challenging, but still delivering. Tomorrow starts the last week of my cycle.

Week 6 (Jan 27)
Day 36: Still no creatine. Workout was intense as always, but I hit a new personal record. The last three days the workouts had gotten a little challenging and I attributed it to stopping the creatine, but today it was good. I am feeling a little pumped and wondering if I will feel sore tomorrow.

Day 37: Still no creatine. Not feeling sore at all after yesterday's e****lent workout, unless I poke the muscles I worked out, then I feel a little soreness. Today was another interesting workout. As I have stopped martial arts (at least for now), I have added goblet squats to the rotation. The squats were really painful!

Day 38: Still no creatine. Rest day. Not at all sore from yesterday.

Day 39: Not feeling well, so it looks like today will be another rest day to recuperate. No creatine. Today was also weigh day. My weight dropped by 1 lb, but my waist also decreased by 0.5". So the waist decrease is good, the weight, not so happy about it. But overall, I am still up 7 lbs and dropped 1.5" from around my waist. This was the last weigh day during the cycle although I have three days left.
* Weight: 175 lbs. Waist: 33.5”.

Day 40: Still under the weather, but still squeezed out a light workout anyway. Restarting creatine and will continue taking it throughout PCT.

Day 41: My cold hasn't fully cleared up yet, but felt quite energized today and made it count. One day left on the cycle.

Day 42: Today's workout was rushed because I have a long, early day ahead of me tomorrow. Today was supposed to be the last day of the cycle with bloods drawn tomorrow. However, I won't be able to draw bloods until Thursday, Feb 4th, so my cycle just got extended by one day. Can't say I am disappointed.

Week 7 (Feb 3)
Day 43: This is not an extra week, it's just an extra day until I can draw bloods. I should be able to do that tomorrow and start PCT. Feeling a little sad that it's the last day, which made the workout today challenging as my mind was not in it.

-- END--

* PCT Log
Start: Feb 4
Length: 4 weeks (28 days)

Week 1 (Feb 4)
Day 1: Drew bloods today. Started PCT and took one capsule of Rebirth, 1,500mg bulbine, and 2,250mg DAA. Workout was quite good, not feeling weaker or less challenged.

Day 2: Doubled the PCT dose by taking one in the morning and one in the evening, for a total of two capsules of Rebirth, 3g bulbine and 4.5g DAA. Today was a long day and got home late, so I am just going to take a rest day. I was so tired I forgot to take creatine.

Day 3: Today was yoga day. My legs and shoulders were feeling sore after the yoga class, but a few hours later I was doing fine. Not too bad for a day with no Osta and no creatine. Today was also weigh day. My weight dropped by 0.5 lbs, but my waist also decreased by 1/4". I'm happy about the waist measurement, not so much about the weight, but I could chalk this up to fat loss. Overall, I am still up 6.5 lbs and dropped 1-3/4" from around my waist. I am staying at the current dose, twice a day, of one capsule of Rebirth, 1,500mg bulbine, and 2,250mg DAA. Still feeling good, not feeling any side effects from ending the cycle.
* Weight: 174.6 lbs. Waist: 33.25”.

Day 4: I have noticed that today my hamstrings are still sore from yesterday's yoga session, so that is the first sign of no longer being on Osta. Although I didn't note it down on Day 1 of the PCT Log, I do not feel lethargic or feel suppressed in any way I can detect. In fact, libido has actually been quite good. Strength has not appeared have diminished. Workout today was a little more challenging, but I did push a little harder than usual. Wondering if I will be sore tomorrow.

Day 5: Hamstrings are definitely still slightly sore from two days ago. Today post-cycle/pre-PCT blood results came in. Testosterone levels are definitely suppressed, but LH and FSH values are not shattered, so I have opted for a full 4 week OTC PCT. The results definitely show that levels can be below minimum values and yet still feel fine, with no lethargy or libido issues. However, I think I am definitely starting to feel some strength loss. Today's workout definitely felt more challenging than previously.

Day 6: Haven't had a good night's sleep the last two nights, so going to rest today and get to bed early. Hamstrings still slightly sore and slightly sore from yesterday's workout. No bulbine today (off day) and I forgot to take the creatine.

Day 7: No bulbine today (off day). The gas on the first couple of days was terrible, but it has gotten better and hopefully a couple of days off will help with that. Today's workout was definitely challenging too, so I think I am seeing some strength loss already.

Week 2 (Feb 11)
Day 8: Back on bulbine. Keeping up with the workouts, although I think it's official that my strength has gone down a little bit. Not feeling any sides, no lethargy, no loss of libido. Energy levels are good.

Day 9: Rest day. Not noticed any changes.

Day 10: Today was yoga day and it was not as easy as during the cycle. Today was also weigh day. My weight dropped by another 0.5 lbs and I have no waist measurement to add.
* Weight: 173.9 lbs. Waist: N/A.

Day 11: Today's workout was a little bit easier. Maybe the reason my workouts are a little more challenging is that I am not getting enough sleep. I probably could get away with it while on cycle, but not any more. I should adjust my sleep schedule. No creatine.

Day 12: Got a waist measurement today and I am down 3/4" around my waist. So, overall, I am down 2.5" in the waist. Today's workout was pretty energetic too. Not as good as on cycle, but quite good. Having slept well the past two nights, I am now convinced that the low energy comes from either not enough sleep, or possibly overtraining, either of which my body was able to overcome while on cycle, but not any more. No creatine today either. Considering going a full week without it, just to see what the outcome is. Other than that, not feeling any negative sides. Energy is (now) good, libido is just as good as it was. Curious as to where my test levels are at, as I am not feeling in the least suppressed.
* Waist: 32.5”.

Day 13: Rest day. Just as an experiment, I am going to space out my workouts, just to rule out overtraining and see how things go. I forgot to take my PCT compounds this morning as I was running late, so dosage today will be half of normal. No creatine. Also today is a bulbine off-day, so will only be taking Rebirth and DAA.

Day 14: No bulbine (off day). No creatine. Workout today was challenging again. I don't get it. Some days are easier than others, some are more challenging, it seems with no rhyme or reason.

Week 3 (Feb 18)
Day 15: No creatine. And in the morning rush, forgot to take the bulbine. So decided not to take it this evening either. Not feeling too well, so I will be resting today instead of tomorrow.

Day 16: No creatine. Still not feeling well, so no workout.

Day 17: No creatine. Today was weigh day. My weight and waist measurements have not changed (or just a small change) this week, so maybe these are the final values for this cycle. Woke up feeling so-so today, so I slept in late and skipped the morning PCT compounds. This evening I did a light workout although not as light as I planned. After two days' rest, the workout was quite good. I am still making progress.
* Weight: 174.1 lbs. Waist: 32.5".

Day 18: No creatine. Back to not feeling terribly well today, so it's another forced rest day. This is just a stubborn cold that doesn't want to give up. Otherwise I am feeling well, no lack of energy and libido is actually a little higher. I am curious to see what my final test levels are going to be as many on-line comments indicate that after discontinuing Osta, there is a slight increase.

Day 19: No creatine. I experienced a pretty bad headache and after taking some Tylenol, I went to rest around 4:00pm and ended up sleeping until the alarm went off at 7:00am next day. I got up once in the night to take some more Tylenol.

Day 20: No creatine. No bulbine (off day). Had a light workout today as I didn't want to end up in bed again.

Day 21: No creatine. No bulbine (off day). Again feeling a little so-so this evening, so I am going to just rest and get bed early.

Week 4 (Feb 25)
Day 22: No creatine. Starting bulbine and DAA at only half dose in the morning. Today I did a good workout. Not too strenuous, but definitely pushed it a little more than in the previous days, as I am starting to definitely feel much better.

Day 23: No creatine. I was back on Tylenol again today, so I am going to rest today.

Day 24: No creatine. Today was yoga day and it was unusually hard. Being sick is not helping. Got home late and forgot to take evening PCT compounds, so only took Rebirth in the morning. Today was also weigh day. My weight dropped by 0.6 lbs, but my waist also decreased by 3/8" and almost at 32". Just a hair above 32". not crazy about the weight reduction, but again it seems that my weight drops when my waist shrinks, so it's not muscle mass. Still looking good in the mirror.
* Weight: 173.5 lbs. Waist: 32 1/8".

Day 25: No creatine. Again, feeling not too great, just like every other day-after. Attended a stress management yoga workshop, so it was a very, very, very light 3 hour event. I am hoping to feel better for tomorrow. Ended up crashing out and missed my evening PCT compounds.

Day 26: No creatine. Took the full PCT today, both morning and evening doses. Despite previous attempts making me feel worse the next day, I still did a light workout today and am still hoping that I will not feel worse tomorrow.

Day 27: No creatine. And back to feeling so-so, so no workout today. I am not going to give up, although it may mean getting a light workout every other day.

Day 28: No creatine. No bulbine. Doing a light workout again today. Today is the last day of PCT, so only after PCT bloods remain.

-- END--

Last edited:
UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Bigdumogre, bloods will only take a couple of days, to get results back. I just want to know where I am with test, lh, fsh levels before I move to PCT. Then get bloods done again after PCT But I agree fully with you as far as having nolva on hand.

As far as the 25mg dose, I have seen people taking from 5mg to 30mg+. I read that lower doses are better for recomping, whereas 25mg+ is better for bulking. My expectations are reasonable (not expecting to put on 10lbs!), but I want to see what I can get out of it.

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you want to bulk I would add some lgd instead of upping ostarine dose. Higher doses just brings sides and no extra gains. There is a great 60+ page long thread about it that you should read.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
Run the serm pct, unless you'd rather risk your balls. 25 does seem high. 8 weeks would be better. No point for creatine, I'd save for pct to help hold onto whatever results you get

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plus, no AI? You'll need one with Osta.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi all,

I have been lurking on this board for awhile, reading up on SARMs. I started my first Osta cycle 5 days ago and decided to log it to add to the "body of knowledge" and just simply to give back to the forum.

This will be my first cycle ever. I am 46 and been lifting since I was 18, with on/off periods in between. Kind of gave up a few years ago because I wasn't seeing any improvements, until everything started making sense this Spring. Been reading a lot and decided to dip a toe.

I got bloods done before starting and will do so at the end of the cycle.
I will post the initial values when I get a response from the lab.

My details: 46yo, 5"7", 168lbs, 14-15%bf.

My cycle will be six weeks of:
  • Osta, 25mg ED
  • Creatine, one teaspoon ED
PCT: I haven't yet decided if the PCT will be OTC (DAA and Bulbine) or Nolva. I am planning to hold off and see what the bloods look like at the end of the cycle.

I won't be logging workouts because I am still figuring things back out again after the time off, so it won't make much sense, but primarily weight, bf, strength changes, etc.
If you want to stick to the OTC route you should look into Rebirth by BLR. It is has two natural estrogen modulating ingredients. It would pair well with DAA and Bulbine as well for a more comprehensive pct regimen. I do recommend an AI on hand as well when cycling anything that is hormonal and/or anabolic. Letrone is a very strong OTC AI. Just some suggestions. Cheers.

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
If you want to stick to the OTC route you should look into Rebirth by BLR. It is has two natural estrogen modulating ingredients. It would pair well with DAA and Bulbine as well for a more comprehensive pct regimen. I do recommend an AI on hand as well when cycling anything that is hormonal and/or anabolic. Letrone is a very strong OTC AI. Just some suggestions. Cheers.
Sup3r Pct is gucci and it has e cottoni extract too ;)

dredmentia

Awards
I am having some success with Osta 25mg a day, using the rock hard supps Osta shred product. Not sure if I will run it the whole 2 months as there is enough in the bottle for 2 months at 25mg but stength has gone up a bit and overall weight is down. Was doing legs last week and put 7 plates on each side on the leg press, today was able to put 8 on each side and still bang out 7 or 8 reps. I'm eating at what I would imagine is a deficet for my body but still gaining stength so I am happy with the stuff

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup3r Pct is gucci and it has e cottoni extract too ;)
Super PCT is a great supplement that I use regularly but not as my sole PCT. The Ellagic Acid cyclodextrin complex in Rebirth is the main driver of estrogen modulation. The E Cottoni. extract was added very late due to Being very cost effective (cheap) and supporting studies showing estrogen modulation. The combo of both is very good. I've use Rebirth as the main component of PCT twice now with success.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
This post got a little long, so bear with me. However thanks for the all comments, guys, I really appreciate it.

Bigdumogre, I had read yates84's user guide (BTW thanks for posting the link to this thread). It is quite honestly one of the best posts I have read. It's a wealth of information all in one place, broken down and easy to absorb and refer to.
I have to apologize, I misspoke when I said "I read that lower doses are better for recomping, whereas 25mg+ is better for bulking." I should have said "I read that lower doses are better for cutting, whereas 25mg is better for recomping." For the Osta recomp, the user guide says "20/20/20/20/25/25/25/25", so six weeks at 25/25/25/25/25/25 is pretty close. And recomping is more in line with what I am looking for.
I do have LGD ... in fact the idea for this cycle started about 7 months ago as "6 weeks LGD, 4 weeks Osta, 4 weeks PCT, easy, peasy, and I'll look like Arnold"! :18:
Over six months of reading, I educated myself as much as possible and came to these conclusions:
(a) leave the stronger LGD compound for a future cycle
(b) use one compound at a time so I can easily figure out the cause if something goes a$$ up
(c) adjust my expectations to as to what is reasonable to achieve on Osta
Based on how this cycle goes I may even decide not to try LGD or even do another cycle. At the moment I'm taking it one step at a time and keeping all options open.

For the PCT, thanks for the suggestions for OTC products. It's good to hear what you recommend and I am still stalking threads on this board to see how others are getting on with Osta. BTW, considering an OTC PCT does not mean that I am ruling out Nolva. Not at all!
A comment I have seen often is that everyone's body reacts differently. My plan is to get bloods done at the end of the cycle before PCT and then again after PCT. It may be more expensive, but this is my first cycle ever, so I want to make sure as much as possible that I have enough information to make educated decisions as much as possible. Not just for this cycle, but also in the future. For example, if my test levels have only dipped slightly, then Nolva might be overkill, or a lighter or shorter Nolva PCT might be an option. If my test levels bottom out, then Nolva would be a definite, but a future LGD cycle might be out of the question.

I don't know how this cycle is going to work out, so in my opinion having as many options on hand is the best thing. The main decision to post my cycle here was to get support and feedback from all you guys. So please keep the comments coming, good or bad ... actually there are no bad comments.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Quick question. For PCT I am partial to Nolva rather than Clomid, because my impression is that more people prefer Nolva. The user guide indicates using Clomid in the PCT. What are your thoughts?
I have also read about Torem as being an easier PCT, but passed on it because there isn't as much info on it as Nolva and Clomid, so I wanted to keep things as simple as possible. Less unknowns to figure out if things go pear shaped.

Demgainz

Demgainz

Awards
  • Established
This post got a little long, so bear with me. However thanks for the all comments, guys, I really appreciate it.

Bigdumogre, I had read yates84's user guide (BTW thanks for posting the link to this thread). It is quite honestly one of the best posts I have read. It's a wealth of information all in one place, broken down and easy to absorb and refer to.
I have to apologize, I misspoke when I said "I read that lower doses are better for recomping, whereas 25mg+ is better for bulking." I should have said "I read that lower doses are better for cutting, whereas 25mg is better for recomping." For the Osta recomp, the user guide says "20/20/20/20/25/25/25/25", so six weeks at 25/25/25/25/25/25 is pretty close. And recomping is more in line with what I am looking for.
I do have LGD ... in fact the idea for this cycle started about 7 months ago as "6 weeks LGD, 4 weeks Osta, 4 weeks PCT, easy, peasy, and I'll look like Arnold"! :18:
Over six months of reading, I educated myself as much as possible and came to these conclusions:
(a) leave the stronger LGD compound for a future cycle
(b) use one compound at a time so I can easily figure out the cause if something goes a$$ up
(c) adjust my expectations to as to what is reasonable to achieve on Osta
Based on how this cycle goes I may even decide not to try LGD or even do another cycle. At the moment I'm taking it one step at a time and keeping all options open.

For the PCT, thanks for the suggestions for OTC products. It's good to hear what you recommend and I am still stalking threads on this board to see how others are getting on with Osta. BTW, considering an OTC PCT does not mean that I am ruling out Nolva. Not at all!
A comment I have seen often is that everyone's body reacts differently. My plan is to get bloods done at the end of the cycle before PCT and then again after PCT. It may be more expensive, but this is my first cycle ever, so I want to make sure as much as possible that I have enough information to make educated decisions as much as possible. Not just for this cycle, but also in the future. For example, if my test levels have only dipped slightly, then Nolva might be overkill, or a lighter or shorter Nolva PCT might be an option. If my test levels bottom out, then Nolva would be a definite, but a future LGD cycle might be out of the question.

I don't know how this cycle is going to work out, so in my opinion having as many options on hand is the best thing. The main decision to post my cycle here was to get support and feedback from all you guys. So please keep the comments coming, good or bad ... actually there are no bad comments.
Very good mindset to have homie.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Very good mindset to have homie.
"The dwarf sees farther than the giant, when he has the giant's shoulder to mount on."
-- Samuel Coleridge

I am mounting everyone's shoulders. :hump:

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 - Day 7

Well, this is off to a good start. After doing my homework, I still ended up ordering the wrong blood test (note to self: order the Sports Hormone Plus test). Oh well, mistakes will happen.
So I have results for testosterone and SHBG, but not LH and FSH, which means that for these last two I will not have a baseline value.

These are the results of the blood taken on Dec 23, around midday:
Code:
TESTOSTERONE                   19.3   nmol/L        7.6 - 31.4         (557  ng/dl    219 - 905.4)
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB       48     nmol/L        16 - 55
17-Beta OESTRADIOL             54     pmol/L        < 192

TRIGLYCERIDES                  1.1    mmol/L        < 2.3
CHOLESTEROL                    5.1    mmol/L        Optimum <5.0
HDL CHOLESTEROL                2.0    mmol/L        0.9 - 1.5
LDL CHOLESTEROL                2.6    mmol/L        Up to 3.0
Lab note: Total cholesterol is high because of high HDL.  Not considered an issue.
My expert analysis is that everything is within range, with testosterone right smack in the middle, although it looks like SHBG is closer to the upper end.

If anyone can offer more insight, that would be great.

Last edited:
UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 - Day 10

Was at the one week mark on Wednesday. So far no apparent sides. I feel fuller, a small strength increase, and visibly more pumped. Tomorrow is weigh day, can't wait to see what changes if any in my weight and bf%.
I have been eating roughly at maintenance, with a few days over, but that was (unavoidable) Christmas junk food. Starting my cycle on the 23rd was probably not a good idea, but I don't normally eat cakes and junk. In fact I find that I have trouble eating above maintenance, so maybe I'll see more fat loss than weight gain.

Libido is good. In fact the last 2-3 days my libido has been on overdrive. Feeling like when I was in my 20's again.
My girlfriend at the time was asked "How do you know when he wants to have sex?" and her reply was "If there is even a slight breeze he wants to have sex". Feeling that way right now.

Last edited:
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nolva is fine for pct. I just use clomid so that's how I wrote the guide. I'm actually going to be putting up a pct guide in the next few days so be looking for that.

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nolva is fine for pct. I just use clomid so that's how I wrote the guide. I'm actually going to be putting up a pct guide in the next few days so be looking for that.

So OL will be going deeper into the pct game? :)

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So OL will be going deeper into the pct game? :)
Nah, this is a personal venture. Just have some info laying around that I would like to share.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Yates, definitely keeping an eye out for your PCT guide. I'm hoping it will be as thorough as the SARMs guide.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 - Day 11

Today was weigh day. My weight increased from 168.8 lbs last week to 173.5 lbs today. Also, I measured my waist across the belly button and went from 35" last week to 34" today. I am not going to read too much into these values, as weight can fluctuate during the day, depending on when it's taken. I will wait until the cycle is over to see what the final values add up to. For the time being I am pleased that it seems that the numbers are going in the right direction.
Looking in the mirror, it's really hard to quantify, but I think I look a little bigger and my t-shirt felt a bit snug this morning. But it could be plausible that my wife tumble-dried it on high and it shrunk.

Last edited:
UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 - Day 13

Experienced the first side effect. It's going to get a little personal from here, so you have been warned. I am going to log the good and the bad, so if you decide to read on, I take no responsibility.

Anyway, last night I couldn't sleep (I got up around 1:00pm yesterday, so maybe I wasn't tired), so I decided to grab a pair of kettle bells and do some shrugs and drink some water, then went to pee before going back to bed. That is when I noticed that my left testicle wasn't riding as low as my right one. In general, my left testicle rides about 1/4" higher than the right one, but last night it was more like 1/2" to 3/4" higher (amounts are not scientific but based on estimation from vantage point). Basically, the right testicle looked like a cholo in a low rider, while the left testicle looked like it was riding in a pickup with a suspension lift kit. So I took 1,400mg of bullbine. It is a test booster, but it works by stuffing cholesterol into the testicles, so it also makes them nice and plump (need reference for this, but I don't remember at the moment where I read it).

This morning I woke up with a bit of gas and, seeing the wife had already left for work, passed it under the blankets. Let's just say that it was quite aromatic ... it could have stopped a full grown charging rhino dead in its tracks. Then I got up and used the bathroom, as one usually does every morning and it was quite ... plentiful. I think I lost all the gains I made in the last 5 years in the span of about 15 minutes.

A check of my testicles showed that the left testicle was riding lower this morning. Not as low as normal, but more like riding in a minivan, than a jacked up pickup. So I'll probably take the bullbine for a couple of days to see how things work out.

Last edited:
Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Experienced the first side effect. It's going to get a little personal from here, so you have been warned. I am going to log the good and the bad, so if you decide to read on, I take no responsibility.

Anyway, last night I couldn't sleep (I got up around 1:00pm yesterday, so maybe I wasn't tired), so I decided to grab a pair of kettle bells and do some shrugs and drink some water, then went to pee before going back to bed. That is when I noticed that my left testicle wasn't riding as low as my right one. In general, my left testicle rides about 1/4" higher than the right one, but last night it was more like 1/2" to 3/4" higher (amounts are not scientific but based on estimation from vantage point). Basically, the right testicle looked like a cholo in a low rider, while the left testicle looked like it was riding in a pickup with a suspension lift kit. So I took 1,400mg of bullbine. It is a test booster, but it works by stuffing cholesterol into the testicles, so it also makes them nice and plump (need reference for this, but I don't remember at the moment where I read it).

This morning I woke up with a bit of gas and, seeing the wife had already left for work, passed it under the blankets. Let's just say that it was quite aromatic ... it could have stopped a full grown charging rhino dead in its tracks. Then I got up and used the bathroom, as one usually does every morning and it was quite ... plentiful. I think I lost all the gains I made in the last 5 years in the span of about 15 minutes.

A check of my testicles showed that the left testicle was riding lower this morning. Not as low as normal, but more like riding in a minivan, than a jacked up pickup. So I'll probably take the bullbine for a couple of days to see how things work out.
LMAO at those awesome analogies!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
LMAO at those awesome analogies!
Sorry, the post was a little personal, and I was trying not get too graphic. That was a strange reaction and I am hoping it wasn't the bulbine that caused the stomach upheaval. I will take it again today and see what the outcome is.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry, the post was a little personal, and I was trying not get too graphic. That was a strange reaction and I am hoping it wasn't the bulbine that caused the stomach upheaval. I will take it again today and see what the outcome is.
Your balls shrinking a little is normal, don't freak out! They will come back in pct so don't worry too much. Oh, and repped for the laugh.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Your balls shrinking a little is normal, don't freak out! They will come back in pct so don't worry too much. Oh, and repped for the laugh.
I wasn't so much freaked out because my testicles looked like Arnold and Danny DeVito in Twins, but more because of the strongly upset stomach at the same time. I was momentarily overwhelmed. But paraphrasing Dr Loveless in Wild Wild West: "We may have lost the testicle, but heaven knows we haven't lost our sense of humor!"

Thanks for the rep!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 - Day 17

Rest day today and no creatine. It might just be in my head, but I find that if I stop the creatine for couple of days then start again, I kind of get a small bump in straight and endurance.
Tomorrow is weigh day. Last week, if the scales were to be believed, I had put on 4.7lbs, so curious to see my weight tomorrow, as well as the waist measurement.

Last edited:
UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 - Day 18

Today was yoga day (a healthy mind in a healthy body). After three weeks of no yoga over the holiday period, I able to make it through alive, although there was a lot of sweating. My wife asked me if I was crying, so maybe my eyeballs were sweating a lot, but primarily I think it was the tears of the fat leaving my body.
Today was also weigh day. My weight increased from 173.5 lbs last week to 173.9 lbs today. My waist measurement across the belly button went from 34" last week to 33.5" today. Although the gains have slowed down, they are still moving in the right direction.
Definitely looking bigger and leaner. The daily high-tech "pinch-an-inch" approach has shown progressive improvements, but still a way to go.

Last edited:
UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 - Day 19

I am amazed by the speed of recovery while on Osta. I haven't been sore yet from a workout. A little tired out, maybe, but within 1-2 hours I feel ready for another workout session. Has anyone else felt this way on Osta??

I literally felt an improvement in the strength department by day 3, when most people said you would start noticing things on week 3. Now on week three and at this point I was expecting to bench press my SUV or at least curl my neighbor's Prius, but no noticeable strength jump although workouts continue to be quite great.

Libido is good, testicles hanging as expected. So far, to say I love Osta is an understatement. I am not expecting to look like I could hang out with Dwayne Johnson, but so far (according to the scale) I have put on 5 lbs in 2.5 weeks, I look fuller (especially shoulders!), my waist has gone from looking like an F1 slick tire to looking like a bicycle tire (road bike, not mountain bike), and abs are a little more visible.

Last edited:

dredmentia

Awards
I've been running Osta for a month now at 25 mg...all my lifts are up, yet I've lost 5 pounds of body weight. I've been eating in a deficet most days. I've decided to run it the whole 8 weeks and see if these results continue

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I've been running Osta for a month now at 25 mg...all my lifts are up, yet I've lost 5 pounds of body weight. I've been eating in a deficet most days. I've decided to run it the whole 8 weeks and see if these results continue
Is that 5 lbs of weight in general, or did your bf% drop?

dredmentia

Awards
My overall weight dropped 5 pounds from 235 to 230....I don't really have any way of measuring my body fat..but seeing that strength has actually increased I'd say that is all or mostly fat post

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My overall weight dropped 5 pounds from 235 to 230....I don't really have any way of measuring my body fat..but seeing that strength has actually increased I'd say that is all or mostly fat post
Order you a pair of calipers online or check out a pharmacy or a sporting goods store. Very cheap and great for tracking percentage of fat lost or gained. I like to check in the AM on same day as I check my weight.

dredmentia

Awards
The Osta has been good to me no doubt there. I actually have a really serious DS/PH cycle ready to go but , I promised myself I would get down to 220 pounds before I stated it. Looks like the Osta is going to go on for another 4 weeks, with some fat burners. I was thinking of bridging right into the other cycle but now I am thinking more run a short pct...recover for a month and then get into the more serious stuff I have on hand

dredmentia

Awards
For Osta 25 mg is a SERM really needed or would something OTC (i like BSL APEX MALE) and a non SERM AI Work? I have some Clomid and nova left over from my first PH cycle but I'd rather not use it if I don't need to

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For Osta 25 mg is a SERM really needed or would something OTC (i like BSL APEX MALE) and a non SERM AI Work? I have some Clomid and nova left over from my first PH cycle but I'd rather not use it if I don't need to
If you want OTC route then give Rebirth a shot. Pair it with a test booster all in one like Super PCT for a solid OTC PCT.

dredmentia

Awards
Well here is my thinking on this...the Osta which apparently doesn't even shut alot of people is pretty mild. I plan on within 4 to 6 weeks of ending the Osta to run an actual DS/PH...which is obviously going to shut me down. So , in the end I am going to be shut down big time , it seems kinda silly to run real SERMS , just to immediately go into a serious cycle . I've heard good things about Rebirth , that would be basically in the same line as somthing like the APEX MALE right

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well here is my thinking on this...the Osta which apparently doesn't even shut alot of people is pretty mild. I plan on within 4 to 6 weeks of ending the Osta to run an actual DS/PH...which is obviously going to shut me down. So , in the end I am going to be shut down big time , it seems kinda silly to run real SERMS , just to immediately go into a serious cycle . I've heard good things about Rebirth , that would be basically in the same line as somthing like the APEX MALE right
Nope. Apex Male and similar products are only natural ingredient test boosters. Rebirth has extracts which actually modulate estrogen levels through a similar MOA as a pharma SERM. If you haven't used Osta you have no way of telling how you will react. Not everyone finds it mild on suppression and sides. Err on the side of caution and use a SERM or Rebirth. If not then you might as well bridge rather than take 6-8 weeks of making your body struggle to normalize on its own.

dredmentia

Awards
Is sex drive a good indicator of being shut down or not?? My sex drive is actually a bit higher since I started the Osta and trying not to get into too much detail here but my fluids have also been volumized a bit too. My girlfriend has def noticed that . My test was in the high 500s on my last blood. I don't want to be going in requesting blood work every 2 months or so my doctor will wonder what's going on , she probably already thinks I'm crazy when I get bloodwork and she says everything is perfect and then I insist on getting it checked a few months later

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is sex drive a good indicator of being shut down or not?? My sex drive is actually a bit higher since I started the Osta and trying not to get into too much detail here but my fluids have also been volumized a bit too. My girlfriend has def noticed that . My test was in the high 500s on my last blood. I don't want to be going in requesting blood work every 2 months or so my doctor will wonder what's going on , she probably already thinks I'm crazy when I get bloodwork and she says everything is perfect and then I insist on getting it checked a few months later
No, libido is not an accurate indicator of the level of suppression while on cycle. Exogenous hormones will cause suppression no matter what. Some can shut you down hardcore while also manifesting sides as high libido. Trest or test are common examples. They make you feel great and have a high libido but also cause your natural test production to shut off.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 - Day 20

I think I spoke too soon. Today's workout was nothing short of amazing. I felt a bump in strength and endurance a whole lot more intense than the increase of the third day. If this is the "week 3" kick in strength that others have experienced, all I can say is wow! I had already resigned myself to the fact that maybe I had already experienced the increase on day 3 and that was it. Tomorrow is the last day of week three, so I was not expecting this kick at the tail end, but towards the beginning. But better late than never. This is a very nice surprise!
The strength increase on day 3 probably felt around 15%, but today felt more like 60-65%.

Seeing I already put on 5 lbs on the first three weeks of the cycle and I just had this awesome kick, I am now excited to see how many pounds I can put on the back three. I think I am going to have trouble falling asleep tonight ... here's hoping for a late Christmas!

Last edited:

dredmentia

Awards
I think I spoke too soon. Today's workout was nothing short of amazing. I felt a bump in strength and endurance a whole lot more intense than the increase of the third day. If this is the "week 3" kick in strength that others have experienced, all I can say is wow! I had already resigned myself to the fact that maybe I had already experienced the increase on day 3 and that was it. Tomorrow is the last day of week three, so I was not expecting this kick at the tail end, but towards the beginning. But better late than never. This is a very nice surprise!
The strength increase on day 3 probably felt around 15%, but today felt more like 60-65%.

Seeing I already put on 5 lbs on the first three weeks of the cycle and I just had this awesome kick, I am now excited to see how many pounds I can put on the back three. I think I am going to have trouble falling asleep tonight ... here's hoping for a late Christmas!
It's definitely good stuff man. You might have stated this earlier in the post but what brand Osta are you using . I'm using Rock Hard Osta Shred at 25mg. I think for what it's worth this stuff is good its definitely not gonna give you real deal steroid effects but the benefits it does give are great considering there is really no side effects

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
It's definitely good stuff man. You might have stated this earlier in the post but what brand Osta are you using . I'm using Rock Hard Osta Shred at 25mg. I think for what it's worth this stuff is good its definitely not gonna give you real deal steroid effects but the benefits it does give are great considering there is really no side effects
I am using Focused Nutrition Osta Elite at 25mg. Yeah, it's not at the same level as steroids, but not everyone wants to look like Kai Green or Phil Heath, or even Simeon Panda. That size is not keepable in the log run without doing cycle after cycle. I am looking to put on a little extra muscle I can hold on to and drop a little fat, while not damaging my body too much. Sure Osta doesn't have long term studies, but having been a smoker for five years and having experimented a little in college, I would be shocked if six weeks of Osta would be the thing to kill me. I hope I don't end up eating my words!