Saliva test results...I should be dead

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Dont get upset Dr John...I am going to get the blood test done but got saliva tests through the canary club because they gave a lot of tests for not much money.

Problem is I think I would be dead if I had the following numbers:

TSh >600 range 20-120
FT4 .17 range .17-.42
FT3 .27 range .21-1.10

Cortisols

AM >110 range 13-24
Noon 103 range 5-10
Afternoon >110 range 3-8
Night 45 range 1-4

Estradiol 11 range 1-3
Prgesterone >1000 range 5-95
Free Testosterone >200 range 50-80

These have to be wrong or I wouldnt be alive to type this message.

Anyone have any experiences with the canary club...even the ranges seem wrong. And I know I have low test..........

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Dont get upset Dr John...I am going to get the blood test done but got saliva tests through the canary club because they gave a lot of tests for not much money.

Problem is I think I would be dead if I had the following numbers:

TSh >600 range 20-120
FT4 .17 range .17-.42
FT3 .27 range .21-1.10

Cortisols

AM >110 range 13-24
Noon 103 range 5-10
Afternoon >110 range 3-8
Night 45 range 1-4

Estradiol 11 range 1-3
Prgesterone >1000 range 5-95
Free Testosterone >200 range 50-80

These have to be wrong or I wouldnt be alive to type this message.

Anyone have any experiences with the canary club...even the ranges seem wrong. And I know I have low test..........
I am glaid you posted this I was going to wean off my Cortisol meds and do this test. I have see the results of a lot of there test at this site and never seen one like yours.
Stop The Thyroid Madness » Index Page
I think one needs to go by how one feels on this and testing by a good Dr. My Dr. does not believe in Adrenal Fatigue if your in the range your OK. I showed him the bood Adrenal Fatigue and the next time I was to see him he now believes it's a problem. I am betting now he is boneing up on this now.
I am not going to waste my money on testing with our my Dr.
Phil

spinn

Awards
  • Established
The point really is these test results are just plain wrong....they have to be. I think its ok to test without a doctor as long as you use a good testing company and probably get blood tests.

I am going to call those fools and if they dont refund my money I will post on 11 boards and cause them to lose 147 clients.

Im tired of knowing more than the people I am paying.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Now I am confused...their Dr said those results are probably correct and that saliva tests are accurate......

His name is Dr Mark Rhodes.....

I guess I am now wondering how they could tell me they are accurate when they know they are not.

I am ordering blood tests to verify thyroids...but ironically the thyroid results seem like they may be correct.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Now I am confused...their Dr said those results are probably correct and that saliva tests are accurate......

His name is Dr Mark Rhodes.....

I guess I am now wondering how they could tell me they are accurate when they know they are not.

I am ordering blood tests to verify thyroids...but ironically the thyroid results seem like they may be correct.
I use LabCorp
Alphabetical Listing of Tests
LabCorp Directory of Services
To locate the Patient Service Center closest to you
LabCorp Patient Service Center Locator
I make sure that my blood is drawn at the LabCorp
and not at the doctor's office.
To get best chances at the bill being paid by insurance I ask my doctor to put ICD-9 diagose codes. If he does not, then I put it on the script myself.
I use codes:
ICD9Data.com - Free 2007 ICD-9-CM Medical Coding Database
257.2 Other testicular hypofunction 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 257.2 - Other Testicular Hypofunction
272.4 Other and unspecified hyperlipidemia 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 272.* - Disorders of lipoid metabolism
601.9 Prostatitis unspecified 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 601.* - Inflammatory diseases of prostate
780.4 Dizziness and giddiness 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.4 - Dizziness And Giddiness
780.79 Other malaise and fatigue 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.79 - Other Malaise And Fatigue
788.41 Urinary frequency 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 788.41 - Urinary Frequency

MESO-Rx - View Single Post - Adrenal fatigue, does it really exist?
255 Disorders of adrenal glands
For coding adrenal fatigue, I just use the code for Other Specified Disorders of the Adrenal Glands - which I call Adrenal Fatigue
255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 255.8 - Other Specified Disorders Of Adrenal Glands
======================================
Please post other ICD-9 codes that are used in Adrenal fatigue and low Thyroid
(and are easily recognisable by insurance)

spinn

Awards
  • Established
That is the problem...I am not using insurance. LabCorp charges $207 for t3 and healthcheck usa charges $25 so I am using them.

The weird thing is....my blood test of a few months ago said Testosterone was low. This test says test is through the roof and its only two months later. I am not on Testosterone.

Also Estradiol is through the roof and I am on Arimidex....how can that happen?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
That is the problem...I am not using insurance. LabCorp charges $207 for t3 and healthcheck usa charges $25 so I am using them.

The weird thing is....my blood test of a few months ago said Testosterone was low. This test says test is through the roof and its only two months later. I am not on Testosterone.

Also Estradiol is through the roof and I am on Arimidex....how can that happen?
Better to test less often, but use good lab.
Use always the same lab to cut down on variables.
I am not blaming you, but sympatising with your problem,
I am constantly going thru my own learning curve.
Hang on, this board is a gold mine of good info,
stay alert and keep your own judgement.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Dr John.....

I called them late Friday and asked for a refund and they have yet to get back to me. I paid by debit card, not sure if that makes any difference.

It does bother me that thousand of people are apparently being told by this company they have high testosterone when it is actually low.