Rosetta Stone Language Learning

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have experience with the Rosetta Stone language products?

I've heard many good things about it, wanted to get some feedback before buying.

I'm trying to improve my arabic.

Rosetta Stone : Arabic

jrm

jrm

Awards
I'm interested in this for Spanish; it's the only thing keeping me from graduating with my undergrad. BS, if you end up getting it let me know how it goes or if anyone else has any experience please post.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
I have the megapack. You learn the basics VERY fast with it. Been trying to learn Italian. Right now, I've gone through the listening and reading segments and find I can understand Italian really well, but interestingly enough I can't speak it worth a damn.

They have sections for writing and speaking though (you need a microphone) as well. Once I feel really confident in level 1 with listening and reading, I'll do the writing and speaking exercises.

When I'm done with Italian, I plan on learning Mandarin Chinese.

Hopefully when I manage to finish Mandarin, they'll have a level 2 Hindi out.

It's an understatement to say it works. You just have to make sure to devote time and effort into it. But honestly I felt like I learned more in 1 week of using Rosetta Stone than I did in 2 semesters of college, nevermind 4 years of highschool.

Btw, in case you're wondering about my odd language choices, I want to learn Italian because the old lady and I have vacationed there a number of times and we love it but can't understand a word anyone is saying; it'd be nice to actually be able to converse with folks.

Mandarin because I have a number of employees who are Chinese and I may open up a remote branch in China. Plus, when the owner of the company bothers to take the time to learn your language you feel more welcome and at home. I like my employees to feel as much like the company is their extended family.

As for Hindi, same reason as above. I have a lot of Indian employees and I'm considering opening up a remote branch of the company in India.

jrm

jrm

Awards
In your opinion, would you say it is worth the money?

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
In your opinion, would you say it is worth the money?
I'm kinda the wrong person to ask about that.

I would say that I learn more from it and faster than I have from any college course. So if you were considering a college course for learning a language, then it absolutely is worth it to buy Rosetta Stone instead. You'll learn faster, you'll learn more, and it's considerably less expensive.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got the japanese edition (always fascinated by japanese culture) and still never have spent the time to use it gosh darn it.