7-Melvin Anthony
8-Branch-not bad
9-Darrem
10- Mustafa M.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
from that pic right there, I think Cutler should've won..

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
From the pic in your avatar, I'd figure you'd say that :p

Seriously, I agree. Bigger delts, better traps, more leg separation and MUCH larger triceps. Has a bigger gut though and his back is a LITTLE BIT weaker than ronnie's.

But Ronnie's leg separation and triceps are major flaws, whereas cutler's belly and back are only a tiny bit less good than Coleman's...

NNM1989

Awards
Jay's shoulders are wider..but he does look a little softer than Coleman. Photos of the side chest shows more a difference between the two. Coleman's leg sweep is better from the side. In the back shots Coleman wins as well...but not by much. This was a close call. Coleman wont make it to 9. And Jay wont win...number two rarely does.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How someone could, or why they even would want to be THAT big is beyond me.... lol

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Everyone has their own idea of the ideal body, thats theirs. I watched the Olympia last night and Coleman clearly beat cutler fair and square. He was much dryer and had more detail in the glutes/hams, and lower back which usually determines the winner.

IheartAvantLabs

Awards
and Cutler takes 2nd again...
I'd have to agree that it was more of a coing toss than a total loss by cutler. I think they both had their "flaws".

But I'm biased, because after watching their videos, I think cutler is much more likeable. I'm not really a big fan of Coleman's attitude.

GoPower

Banned
Awards
Man, if it were a personality contest, everything would be upside down! LOL!

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
From the front Jay clearly beat Ronnie, from tha back of course Ronnies back was a little bigger, he should not have won because of one bodypart......

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
So whatever happened to being lean for these competitions?

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I guess jutting cheekbones and sunken eyes mean you aren't lean enough...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If 3-5% Body fat isn't lean then I don't know what is.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
From the pic in your avatar, I'd figure you'd say that :p

Seriously, I agree. Bigger delts, better traps, more leg separation and MUCH larger triceps. Has a bigger gut though and his back is a LITTLE BIT weaker than ronnie's.

But Ronnie's leg separation and triceps are major flaws, whereas cutler's belly and back are only a tiny bit less good than Coleman's...
Given that photo, I'd agree. It they were both equally dry I would have given it to Cutler. But, and I think this is his problem, he's had big problems getting dry for competitions in the past. He was always carryign around a little more extra water, wasn't quite as cut as he could have been, and certainly no where near as dry as Coleman gets. Knowing this, I think judges might actually look more to that in Cutler's case than others, perhaps give it more weight because they know it's a problem of his. So, even if he was only a little less dry than Coleman, it may have been enough to set him back.

Especially since Coleman gets very, very cut, especially in back shots.

SVTMuscle

SVTMuscle

Awards
The GH guts will never leave, but there is def a more "aesthetic" body on most of those guys, I've noticd that especially with Gunter and even Ruhl

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The GH guts will never leave, but there is def a more "aesthetic" body on most of those guys, I've noticd that especially with Gunter and even Ruhl
Definitely. I was surprised at how good Coleman's midsection looked in a lot of the pics I've seen.

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
True, the GH guts will never leave at this stage of the game, but They were controlling them MUCH better this year. Coleman's midsection was also noticably smaller and much better controlled than in years past.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I actually give Ronnie a TON of credit for the changes he's made, especially in the gut. He looks much smaller in the belly and MUCH MUCH more cut than Cutler.

I don't see how anyone could like Cutler... he's one of the biggest crybabies I've ever seen. Not frustration but just flat out sore loser crybabyish too... he thinks he's god's gift to this sport and he's just a poor number two...

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Agreed, I had lot more respect for Cutler before this years Olympia. I would have actually had Gustavo in second in front of Cutler, Jay in third, Dennis James-4th and Darrem Charles in 5th.

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
Id say Gunter came out on top of his game this year too... He looked HUGE

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
At this point only Ronnie can stop Ronnie. 8 ina row is insane

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was right near the front at the show. IMO, Ronnie deserved the win, but only BARELY. Honestly at the pre-judging, Jay had it by a small margin. However, Ronnie got a lot dryer by the night show whereas Jay got slightly less dry.

Ronnie had Jay in quad sweep and size. Jay's legs were more ripped and striated, but Ronnies were just SO much larger. Additionally, Jay's abs were horrible this year. He had a gut for the first time in a long time and his abs were missing in action; Ronnie had him beat there easily. Yet on the flipside, Jay had larger shoulders, much better triceps, and much better calves. Their backs were EQUAL. Dead. On. Equal. Ronnie was neither thicker, nor wider than Jay, and visa versa. Everyone was SHOCKED during the callout since no one thought anyone other than Ronnie was capable of having a back like that.

My girlfriend thinks Jay should have won. However she's biased because she really likes Jay; she thinks he's hot.

Btw, from what I heard, Jay won the 1st and 2nd rounds.

The thing is, I'm glad Jay DID have those flaws. Not because I wanted Ronnie to win, but because Ronnie was going to win anyway. If Jay had been the clear victor, it would have been even more devastating for him that this 4th loss to Ronnie already is. It also would have made the Olympia an even bigger mockery than it already was (if that's possible).