Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First off, Thank you Purus Labs for the opportunity to be one of the first to experience this cutting edge product. The Extended Release BCAA is a great idea, we all know Nutritional Timing is very important and this product take some of the guess work out of the equation.

XR BCCA.jpg

Initial thoughts, Great looking packaging, label is a little hard to read due to writing and produce inside is close to the same color, but I did get it read and will take as per label directions.
I started my first dose Monday AM Pre-Workout, Fasted, and the second dose will be before bed. I really don't know if there will be any noticeable difference in using this product. I was using a powered form BCAA before so who knows. I will say 3 pills are much easier than mixing up a powdered drink.

So not really knowing what I should include in my log, I will leave it up to you. Please ask questions, tell me info you would like to know and follow along. Let's take this journey together!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm here

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Curious for your feedback...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Extended Release BCCA from Purus Labs, Day 5. First off let me say after 30+ years of training I am pretty "In Tune" with my body and know what to expect, So after yesterdays intense squat section, I know today I would be looking for an escalator when I saw a set of stairs............But low and behold, the DOMS is almost nonexistent, don't get me wrong I can feel that I squatted yesterday and my legs feel kind of full and tired, but I do not have that SORE feeling. I am going to chalk this up to the Added Recovery of the Purus Labs BCAA XR. Now I am looking forward to see what other improvement it will make in my training !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCCA XR day 6 Had a great Bi and Forearm work out today, with something like BCAA it is hard to gauge what effects the supplement has, that being said I do believe recovery has improve. The other day when I did legs/squats I felt a "Fuller" feeling in the muscle and a better Mind Muscle connection I can not say it is because of the BCCA XR but I can tell you I don't ever remember feel it quite like that before. I do like the ease of taking this product and do believe the performance of it is very good.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for BCAA Dom-ination :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCCA XR day 7 Did my quick Saturday AM work out this morning 6 Sets for Neck, superset with 6 sets of shurgs. I really do believe that the recovery is better when using the BCAA XR , I feel a little fresher in the morning and not dragging near the end of the work day.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Purus Labs BCCA XR day 7 Did my quick Saturday AM work out this morning 6 Sets for Neck, superset with 6 sets of shurgs. I really do believe that the recovery is better when using the BCAA XR , I feel a little fresher in the morning and not dragging near the end of the work day.
Good to hear.
Pretty easy to have some BCAA pills, can just skip the power....

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Purus Labs BCCA XR day 6 Had a great Bi and Forearm work out today, with something like BCAA it is hard to gauge what effects the supplement has, that being said I do believe recovery has improve. The other day when I did legs/squats I felt a "Fuller" feeling in the muscle and a better Mind Muscle connection I can not say it is because of the BCCA XR but I can tell you I don't ever remember feel it quite like that before. I do like the ease of taking this product and do believe the performance of it is very good.
This is some solid feedback right out the gate.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCCA XR day 8 Sunday a day off and outside of cleaning the gym and sweeping the garage, I did not do much!

Purus Labs BCCA XR day 9 Today is Monday International Chest Day. I do not set an alarm so I usually wake about 3:50 am stare at the clock till 4 get up, take my PWO get on the Anabolic Minds forum till about 4:30 and workout from than till 5:30 or 5:45. This morning I woke up a 4:17 so I was behind schedule. Took my PWO got on the computer and than headed to the gym. I was about 15 minutes behind so I only rested 30 seconds between super sets. I got my entire workout in was done on time with a pump I could not believe. I can not remember the last time I had a pump in my chest but it felt GREAT! I also noticed last week a better than normal pump so I do believe that the Purus Labs BCCA XR's had something to do with it. I am liking this supplement!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sounds good brother..! :)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Nice work. I'm looking forward to using BCAAXR myself

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCCA XR day 10. Woke up to about 2" of snow this morning so I did 1/2 my Back & Bicep workout out and about a half an hour of Snow Shoveling Cardio. Had another great pump this morning. After about a week of using the BCCA XR my pump's have been awesome, is this in my head or can a BCCA make that big of a difference ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 11 Today was leg day, now for legs I alternate every other week a Quad based workout or a Hamstring based workout. I have been having a problem with my hamstring cramping it to a ball of very painful muscle, I am talking bring tears to your eye's painful. I borrowed one of those foam rollers from my daughter and have been using it on my hamstring most everyday for a week and it seams to have been helping. So this morning I hit a set of lying leg curls No Cramps YEA ! Stiff Leg Deadlift No Cramps Double Yea ! Also Hit Squats and Had one of the best leg workouts I have had in a long time. Not sure if the lack of cramps is due to the foam roller or the BCAA XR's but I can say for sure the foam roller had nothing to do with the energy I had. Thank You Purus Labs and BCAA XR for the best leg work out in a long time !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 11 Today was Shoulders, Another Great workout the Pumps were fantastic, energy great, I still have a hard time believing that a change of brand and type of BCAA could make a difference in training, but it is true & it does !! Purus Labs you are a genius !!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good stuff in here... i need a new BCAA :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 12 today is an Arm Touch up day for me, I consider my Biceps, Front and Rear Delts my worst body parts so I train by bi's a second time in the week and I always do forearms in the same workout. Started my workout and I had such a great pump and mind muscle connection with my biceps I skipped the wrist curls. This was the best bicep workout I have had......Maybe ever!!

EZ Curl Bar with Fat Gripz (1) 30x15 - (2) 50x15 - (3) 60x15 - (4) 70x12 - (5) 80x10 Unbelievable Pump !!
superset with
DB Hammer Curls (1) 15x10 - (2) 20x10 - (3) 25x10 - (4) 30x10 - (5) 35x10

Cable Curls (1) 40x15 - (2) 50x15 - (3) 60x15 - (4) 70x15 - (5) 80x15

Finished off the work out with some Hyperextension and Broomstick Twist

I don't know what it is about these Time Released BCAA from Purus Labs but they are the bomb !!

4 Hours Later and my Arms still feel Heavy and Full

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 12 today is an Arm Touch up day for me, I consider my Biceps, Front and Rear Delts my worst body parts so I train by bi's a second time in the week and I always do forearms in the same workout. Started my workout and I had such a great pump and mind muscle connection with my biceps I skipped the wrist curls. This was the best bicep workout I have had......Maybe ever!!

EZ Curl Bar with Fat Gripz (1) 30x15 - (2) 50x15 - (3) 60x15 - (4) 70x12 - (5) 80x10 Unbelievable Pump !!
superset with
DB Hammer Curls (1) 15x10 - (2) 20x10 - (3) 25x10 - (4) 30x10 - (5) 35x10

Cable Curls (1) 40x15 - (2) 50x15 - (3) 60x15 - (4) 70x15 - (5) 80x15

Finished off the work out with some Hyperextension and Broomstick Twist

I don't know what it is about these Time Released BCAA from Purus Labs but they are the bomb !!

4 Hours Later and my Arms still feel Heavy and Full
Loving the feedback on this product. Shows what having some solid nutritional differences (adding amino acids) to training can do. It's a small piece of the puzzle though you're the one putting in the hard work!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been using a BCAA before training and before bed the same as now, I just changed fro a standard to an Extended Release and it has made a world of difference !

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good to hear, nice job with the log too by the way!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 13, Very easy workout today, Neck and Traps. I decided to try something different for my traps today, it has been awhile since I have had some really sore traps, so I need a change. Used the supported T-Bar and just kind of let my arms hang and shrugged, not sure about that movement but it was different. Than I figured I better hit some regular shurgs also, normally I go up to 225lbs and occasionally hit 275lbs so I went to 315lbs just for a change. The XR BCAA seam to make the heavier weight feel pretty light.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 16, I woke up about 15 minutes early this morning, so I figured I would get up and get a few extra sets in. My normal workout is 8 sets per body part and sometime 10, this morning I got 12 sets and it felt good. No loss of energy or pump. The BCAA XR's came through again ! I believe this supplement would benefit anyone who lifts!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 16, I woke up about 15 minutes early this morning, so I figured I would get up and get a few extra sets in. My normal workout is 8 sets per body part and sometime 10, this morning I got 12 sets and it felt good. No loss of energy or pump. The BCAA XR's came through again ! I believe this supplement would benefit anyone who lifts!
Pump up the volume!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good stuff going on in here... great job Rocket :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 17, The only work out I got this morning was about 45 minutes of fasted cardio..ie Snow Shoveling. But had the energy to power thru ...............

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 18. I had a great nights sleep last night which showed up in the great workout I had is morning. Hit a PR on my Machine Preacher Curls and went heavier than I have in a while on the T-bar rows. No testimonial today. But you can't argue with results

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 18. I had a great nights sleep last night which showed up in the great workout I had is morning. Hit a PR on my Machine Preacher Curls and went heavier than I have in a while on the T-bar rows. No testimonial today. But you can't argue with results
excellent job on the PR and good work with the T-bar

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I also did some one arm t-bar rows I learned from one of love2liftkat videos, thet are becoming one of my favorites!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How you keep winning all these contest and promos Rocket?

:bigok:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How you keep winning all these contest and promos Rocket?

:bigok:
I apply...You got to play to win !!

It's killing me right now, I have not been applying for any logging opportunities for the last month or so, I am running an 8 week sponsored log and than I am going on a 11 day vacation. So look out the end of March

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 19. Not really much to report, last evening I started not to feel so great, so I went to be early, sleep like crap, got up at 3:45. Today was leg day so I thought I would just do am easy workout, on about my third set of leg presses felt like I was going to be sick, so I stop took a break, I started to feel a little better, did two more sets and I was done. Still not felling the best but I do feel better. Hopefully tomorrow I can Kill it !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 20, Much better day today, Got in a good shoulder workout, One thing I have noticed since starting the BCAA XR's is the lack of DOMS and I know it my sound funny, but I miss it! I guess the lack of DOMS is a sign of better recovery so I will take that as I good thing. I will not be updating my log again until Monday, I will be going to an Automotive Trade show in Washington DC over the week end.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 23. Back in town after a weekend in DC, I am up 3lbs from all the Cheesecake and pancakes I ate. This morning I thought I would try to cut the rest times down on my workout and squeeze in a few extra sets, seeing as I have eaten way to many carbs and fats over the weekend I figured I might have a little extra fuel in the tank. We able to get 12 sets in the same time I normally get 8-10. The workout went great and I had a fantastic pump. Sorry to see my supply of BCAA XR's coming to an end. They will be on my next "Stock Order"

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They will be on my next "Stock Order"
This is what it's all about. I always look for this in loggers comments. It means a lot for someone to think enough of a free product to put it in their "buy" selection.

Appreciate the time and effort taken for the log

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is what it's all about. I always look for this in loggers comments. It means a lot for someone to think enough of a free product to put it in their "buy" selection.

Appreciate the time and effort taken for the log
Thank you for the opportunity, logging a great product is a win - win, you get feedback and the logger get to try out a product before they spend there money!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thank you for the opportunity, logging a great product is a win - win, you get feedback and the logger get to try out a product before they spend there money!
That's true, & if it works keep it on hand!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 24, Had a very good work out this morning, did Back and Biceps. Got a good pump and was able to go pretty heavy on Bent Over Rows, I have been amazed at the lack of DOMS while taking these BCAA XR's . I think this would be a very good supplement for someone who works a muscle group 2 or possibly 3 times a week.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 25. Well today I paid the price for eating every thing in sight over the weekend. I have kept my calories under 2000 for the last two days. This morning was leg day and on my 4th set of squats, I just plain ran out of gas, I could not do another rep let alone my 5th set. I guess you do need calories to lift! Even the world best BCAA can not overcome the lack of carbs. The wife is making Chicken and Stuffing tonight, I should have lots of energy tomorrow morning !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR day 26 Today I did shoulders, got my 10 sets in with no issues a few extra calories really helped the energy level. Tomorrow will be my last dose of the BCAA XR's. I will post my final review this weekend.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purus Labs BCAA XR Final Review

I really don't know where to start on this review, a PWO review is easy, It taste great, mixed well and I could lift a house when using it. As for a BCAA in a Time Released Capsule form not so easy, so I will just ramble through my thoughts. Purus Labs BCAA XR are a very easy, convenient supplement to take, no mixing, no preparation, just pop 3 capsules in your mouth and go about your business, and these capsules are all business, while using this product I lost 5lbs of body weight, got harder, more muscular and vascular. I lifted weights that were heavier than I have lifted in a few years and had a better attitude toward my workouts. I used this product in two daily doses of three capsules per dose, first dose taken pre-workout the second before bed. I train fasted at 4:30am and had no hunger or lack of energy issues while using this supplement. The biggest one difference I could feel was the skin bursting pumps, they were awesome! The second positive aspect was the energy / recovery time between set seamed to be better that usual, most of the time I get 8-10 set per body part in my hour workout, while using the Purus Labs BCAA XR I got 10-12. I believe this is a very good addition to anyone's supplement regiment and would highly recommend it. Thank you Purus Labs for this opportunity !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I could not find a section in the review area for this ? When you get it set up let me know I will post it there!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome review! Thanks for the time and effort you put into the log. Its greatly appreciated