Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had my wife mix .5 ml with some Muscle Rub and put on my back last night, no real additional pain relief, but boy did that wintergreen feel good on the muscles !! I'm a New Man !!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does that happen to you as well?

CBD when enough is smoked before bed, I seem to get really sleepy and fade away into sleep a couple hours normal than my circadian rhythm .

ive never done the gummies before bed but it would work the same.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had my wife mix .5 ml with some Muscle Rub and put on my back last night, no real additional pain relief, but boy did that wintergreen feel good on the muscles !! I'm a New Man !!
Agree with you on that one! That stuff is magic.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agree with you on that one! That stuff is magic.
Some of our beta bottles went to Strong Supplements, not sure who got to use them over there though.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry for not chiming in, my updated are screwy. When I get around to getting a bottle I'll let the folks I go th physical therapy try some if theyre interested. They drop $20 on biofreeze every week just to for a tingly distraction from the pain, instead of relief

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some of our beta bottles went to Strong Supplements, not sure who got to use them over there though.
Was not me but musclemaker i'm sure will know who tried it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I am curious on this stuff but finances took a hit, so trying it will have to wait until I finish what I have at home now. I am using a tincture that is 1000mg and and it knocks me out relatively quickly if I take a full dose at night, and if I used a little during the day I can definitely feel it calming down some. No pain to know if it has any effect on that, but this stuff sounds like it is amazing for pain.

@Rocket3015 have you noticed any calming effects? Deeper sleep or feeling more rested after night use?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man I am curious on this stuff but finances took a hit, so trying it will have to wait until I finish what I have at home now. I am using a tincture that is 1000mg and and it knocks me out relatively quickly if I take a full dose at night, and if I used a little during the day I can definitely feel it calming down some. No pain to know if it has any effect on that, but this stuff sounds like it is amazing for pain.

@Rocket3015 have you noticed any calming effects? Deeper sleep or feeling more rested after night use?

I can't say I have really noticed any of these things, I may be sleeping a little deeper but not a big difference.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't say I have really noticed any of these things, I may be sleeping a little deeper but not a big difference.
These are not things you would really notice wi Th a topical. Topicals are more pain management then calming.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
These are not things you would really notice wi Th a topical. Topicals are more pain management then calming.
That's what I was thinking as well. Wouldn't really notice much in the deep sleep area unless the pain relief helped you sleep better.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Getting ready to go Hand Mow 2 Large Lawns, I am going to have the wife rum .5ml of the Iconic Formulations Topical CBD Oil on my lower back before I start.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting, what are you using as the carrier, it would seem very unlikely it is not going systemic to a decent degree so I am pretty surprised there isn't a little something being noticed. I know some carriers are better for helping to keep things a little more local like the ones often used in spot reduction formulas to try to keep yohimbine in the localized areas however you still feel the kick.

Do you know if CBD is supposed to have a high affinity to muscle / connective tissue or something that would keep it from getting out of the inflamed area and into the bloodstream?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
transdermal delivery is 3-7 times more efficient than oral.

@MrKleen73, what dose are you using to see these effects?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
transdermal delivery is 3-7 times more efficient than oral.

@MrKleen73, what dose are you using to see these effects?
@delsolrob Yeah I know right. That is why I was expecting to hear that there were also some of the other benefits as well, or possibly some unwelcome ones if someone is dieting because if indica it can definitely increase hunger too. Of course if someone is not stressed or dealing with anxiety they might not recognize any calming effect as they don't really need it. Also if more sativa then less hunger, and less calming....

It is a tincture, the bottle has 1000mg in it so the dose is pretty strong. I also know how to get the most out of sublingual products by holding under the tongue for the prescribed minute, then swishing around my mouth and cheeks a bit before swallowing and then not drinking anything for 15 minutes after which gives it more surface area to absorb and longer time to do so without being washed away. I know the sublingual has a much higher bioavailability than eating it because it is actually entering the blood stream via direct absorption of the mucus membrane and not getting destroyed running through the digestive process.

Do you all know what the difference in rate of absorption is between the two? Whatever it is I am sure my method is beating the typical under the tongue and then just swallow. I forgot what guru it was that I got that from but he was stating that people were really wasting a lot of the effects by not utilizing all of the mouth, and by rinsing it off with a drink after. Especially if it doesn't taste good.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@delsolrob I looked it up to be sure and give you a better answer.
60 doses per bottle - 1000mg of CBD per bottle (16.6mg of CBD per serving)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m sure there are slight calming effects to topicals. This would have to be as even placing it on an inflamed area, as you stated it would get into the blood stream at some point. It would depend on the person how much the feel. I know I use higher doses that most people I know because it’s how my body reacts to it.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@delsolrob I looked it up to be sure and give you a better answer.
60 doses per bottle - 1000mg of CBD per bottle (16.6mg of CBD per serving)
@delsolrob Yeah I know right. That is why I was expecting to hear that there were also some of the other benefits as well, or possibly some unwelcome ones if someone is dieting because if indica it can definitely increase hunger too. Of course if someone is not stressed or dealing with anxiety they might not recognize any calming effect as they don't really need it. Also if more sativa then less hunger, and less calming....

It is a tincture, the bottle has 1000mg in it so the dose is pretty strong. I also know how to get the most out of sublingual products by holding under the tongue for the prescribed minute, then swishing around my mouth and cheeks a bit before swallowing and then not drinking anything for 15 minutes after which gives it more surface area to absorb and longer time to do so without being washed away. I know the sublingual has a much higher bioavailability than eating it because it is actually entering the blood stream via direct absorption of the mucus membrane and not getting destroyed running through the digestive process.

Do you all know what the difference in rate of absorption is between the two? Whatever it is I am sure my method is beating the typical under the tongue and then just swallow. I forgot what guru it was that I got that from but he was stating that people were really wasting a lot of the effects by not utilizing all of the mouth, and by rinsing it off with a drink after. Especially if it doesn't taste good.

Oral bioavailability is usually about 15%, depending on how its ingested. Sublingual dosing puts it around 20-25%, and I imagine swishing it around may bump it up a percent, maybe two, but would still average in the upper end of the 25% range.

Smoking it, depending on the method, can deliver between 35-45%, while vaping with modern vapes now allow for 60-75% bioavailability, simply because the aveoli are going to constrict before more is absorbed.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oral bioavailability is usually about 15%, depending on how its ingested. Sublingual dosing puts it around 20-25%, and I imagine swishing it around may bump it up a percent, maybe two, but would still average in the upper end of the 25% range.

Smoking it, depending on the method, can deliver between 35-45%, while vaping with modern vapes now allow for 60-75% bioavailability, simply because the aveoli are going to constrict before more is absorbed.
Awesome thanks! I have 2 Vape CBD cartridges one from sativa for me during the day if needed but the one for the wife is Indica bases and it helps her eat pretty much the same way smoking did. Curious would the location of the td application make a big difference in effect like say rubbed in near temples or carotid artery or something as opposed to on the muscle?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have had no increased hunger, which is good for a dough boy like me !!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awesome thanks! I have 2 Vape CBD cartridges one from sativa for me during the day if needed but the one for the wife is Indica bases and it helps her eat pretty much the same way smoking did. Curious would the location of the td application make a big difference in effect like say rubbed in near temples or carotid artery or something as opposed to on the muscle?
it would depend on carrier @delsolrob is using for this...I haven't tried it yet so I have no 1st hand experience to report...if it is local then applying to the sore area would be best-but im sure you already know this chris..

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For a systemic effect, I recommend applying in the clavicle, upper chest, upper back, shoulder, inner bicep, etc areas...like the majority of our products. These are areas where it's easier to get into the bloodstream.

there are some pretty specific studies on TD CBD and how long it takes to reach peak plasma levels. I believe the half life of CBD is > 18 hours...if you're applying once per day, should keep levels pretty constant.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@delsolrob

I know you said this before but how can we order your Iconic Formulations Topical CBD Oil ?

gnbbc

gnbbc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@delsolrob

I know you said this before but how can we order your Iconic Formulations Topical CBD Oil ?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
it's also in stock at Lockout and powermyself

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
it would depend on carrier @delsolrob is using for this...I haven't tried it yet so I have no 1st hand experience to report...if it is local then applying to the sore area would be best-but im sure you already know this chris..
Yeah, I am actually using CBD to combat sides of quitting smoking weed as opposed to the pain benefits. The things I am doing are working with a vape and a tincture but was curious if this application would be as or possibly more beneficial.
For a systemic effect, I recommend applying in the clavicle, upper chest, upper back, shoulder, inner bicep, etc areas...like the majority of our products. These are areas where it's easier to get into the bloodstream.

there are some pretty specific studies on TD CBD and how long it takes to reach peak plasma levels. I believe the half life of CBD is > 18 hours...if you're applying once per day, should keep levels pretty constant.
Good stuff, yeah if 18 hours with the extended trickle of absorption of TD application once a day should keep levels pretty good with a nice bump around application.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

pretty cool that it is systematic, I would have guessed it to be localized for pain relief.

I guess by it being systematic it would be useful for more purposes than only pain...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I am actually using CBD to combat sides of quitting smoking weed as opposed to the pain benefits. The things I am doing are working with a vape and a tincture but was curious if this application would be as or possibly more beneficial.
Good stuff, yeah if 18 hours with the extended trickle of absorption of TD application once a day should keep levels pretty good with a nice bump around application.
good luck, even though pot is close to legal in many places it I still a very expensive habit I would guess?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
good luck, even though pot is close to legal in many places it I still a very expensive habit I would guess?
Yes, it can get a bit expensive if you smoke as much as I did. Been a "Stoner" most of my life... but it made me lazy. Might be something for retirement but not when I have things to do! LOL

kaitlincampean

Awards
Guys, you have shared very useful information; I love this forum. This world of supplements has only recently become open to me, and so far, I am very excited to find the perfect supplements for myself to get a surge of strength and energy before training. The most interesting options so far are supplements with SBD. I have never heard that such supplements can stimulate muscle growth and a surge of energy during strength training. Recently I saw the article Top 10 Water Soluble CLR Softgels of 2022, and now I'm just obsessed with the thought of these candies. Has anyone tried them? Maybe share your experience and tell us how they influenced you regarding training.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Folks this post is from 2019 !