Rhein urine vs. blood test - I'm confused?

Eisenhower

Awards
First, let me clarify - I'm not on any form of TRT.

I've had several blood tests done at Quest Diagnostics in the last year and a half and all showed Total Testosterone in the 400s (actually, one was 235 and one broke 500, but all the others were in the 400s, and all were taken at 9:00am).

However, I just had a hormone panel done by Rhein Labs 24 hr urine collection and the Testosterone was above range at 95!

How in the world can this be? Before taking the Rhein, for a couple months I'd even stopped taking any supps (including DHEA 25mg), so I'm mystified that I would show even normal, much less above normal Testosterone.

Can anyone venture what the explanation would be? I'm thoroughly confused? I'll have results in hand soon, I'm just going on what the doc's office told me at this point.

Eisenhower

punxweb

Awards
You are comparing blood test to a urine test? I do not have a good answer for you but I do not believe that you can compare the two. I have had the same thing happen with saliva testing and blood testing. I would rely on the blood test. I am sure others will chime in.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
First, let me clarify - I'm not on any form of TRT.

I've had several blood tests done at Quest Diagnostics in the last year and a half and all showed Total Testosterone in the 400s (actually, one was 235 and one broke 500, but all the others were in the 400s, and all were taken at 9:00am).

However, I just had a hormone panel done by Rhein Labs 24 hr urine collection and the Testosterone was above range at 95!

How in the world can this be? Before taking the Rhein, for a couple months I'd even stopped taking any supps (including DHEA 25mg), so I'm mystified that I would show even normal, much less above normal Testosterone.

Can anyone venture what the explanation would be? I'm thoroughly confused? I'll have results in hand soon, I'm just going on what the doc's office told me at this point.

Eisenhower
You are fast metabolizer.
You are pissing out testosterone a faster than you can make it.

Conclussions:

you may be metabolizing faster many other items
when you will use (HCG + T) supplementation make sure that it is very frequent.

HCG-shots EOD (EveryOtherDay)
Testosterone transdermal usually no problem
but
Injectable testosterone must be EOD or ED (and no complains)

There is couple other items on your test, that relates to you 5aR or DHT.
If you know how to read them, they will tell you if you need to use transdermal-T (that speeds up 5aR) or injectable-T (neutral to 5aR).