Response to Test vs Clomid

SomewhatDamag

SomewhatDamag

Awards
I suppose I'm a bit of an unusual case. I have a provider and have been treated with Clomid monotherapy for the last couple of years, with rather good results overall. Main things are I maintain and gain weight much easier now than I had in the past, but mood and libido often lag still.

Question: in your own experience or what you've heard from others, how does the perceived effect of testosterone compare with Clomid (assuming that person responded well to the Clomid)?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used Clomid for a few years in cycles, I respond well to it and liked it a lot but after awhile it didn’t have the same effect and I switched to test. Test have me at a higher test level and it works better for my goals.

I heard some ppl have mood issues with Clomid but my mood and libido was great on it. If Clomid works for you and your bloods are good I would stay on it as long as it does, test is little bit of another commitment with weekly shots to deal with than just a pill.

SomewhatDamag

SomewhatDamag

Awards
I used Clomid for a few years in cycles, I respond well to it and liked it a lot but after awhile it didn’t have the same effect and I switched to test. Test have me at a higher test level and it works better for my goals.

I heard some ppl have mood issues with Clomid but my mood and libido was great on it. If Clomid works for you and your bloods are good I would stay on it as long as it does, test is little bit of another commitment with weekly shots to deal with than just a pill.
Thanks, yeah it's kinda hard to tell what is affecting or causing what with how crazy the world is these days. What differences have you seen between the two so far?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Shots are more annoying, lol, but I can keep higher consistent test levels. It’s also some other stuff you need to keep an eye that I didn’t need to on Clomid (like lipids and e2). If you get what you want from Clomid it’s really no reason to switch, if I did I wouldn’t have switched to test.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What daily dosages have you been on for this TRT purpose?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I suppose I'm a bit of an unusual case. I have a provider and have been treated with Clomid monotherapy for the last couple of years, with rather good results overall. Main things are I maintain and gain weight much easier now than I had in the past, but mood and libido often lag still.

Question: in your own experience or what you've heard from others, how does the perceived effect of testosterone compare with Clomid (assuming that person responded well to the Clomid)?
I'm not on trt and have not done clomid only "cycles" but I have cycled test only and I can tell you it's not the same. 1. Hormone levels follow the circadian rhythm, meaning you have lower hormones lever in the evening and higher in the morning, so this can have an effect on sleeping, 2. Your balls don't just produce test; LH also stimulates the production of pregnenolone (ever seen anybod complain they have bad libiod on cycle and when they add hcg to the cycle things normalise?) 3. Ballance of other neurosteroids, DHEA, also changes, 4. TRT can have an impact on other blood serum parameters like lipids, blood thickness, minerals, etc. which all can have an impact on your body and mental state.

I don't know much about this stuff tbh, Im not an endo, but I hope you get the jist of it, that trt is not so simple. But tbh, I would never subject myself to long therm clomid therapy. That chit is nasty. Depression, no libido, etc. I would also take something to lower shbg with it. I'm willing to bet your free T isnt at an optimal level due to clomid. Plus having more dht would negat the serms negative traits to an extent.

SomewhatDamag

SomewhatDamag

Awards
What daily dosages have you been on for this TRT purpose?
25mg daily. Overall definitely a lot of benefits, but I'm thinking "hey, I'm 29, where's my libido anyway?"