Repping/negging.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I rep people to let them know I think they posted something I found valuable for whatever reason and to encourage more of it. Without realizing it, I sometimes look over to the user reps and time on board to get an idea of their contributions.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
As someone who was a diehard fan of Mushroomhead in my teens, I can sympathize with ICP fans and how they're treated. Lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"in your teens" is the point in your comment. Lol. Its the grown men and women in their 20s and 30s and actual ~shudder~ parents that are juggalos that are difficult to side with. Saw a juggalo family the other day that had their girl toddler with a braided mohawk and clown eyeliner on with multiple piercings in the little girl's ears. I legitimately got pissed at these people.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
"in your teens" is the point in your comment. Lol. Its the grown men and women in their 20s and 30s and actual ~shudder~ parents that are juggalos that are difficult to side with. Saw a juggalo family the other day that had their girl toddler with a braided mohawk and clown eyeliner on with multiple piercings in the little girl's ears. I legitimately got pissed at these people.
Hahahaha makes me wanna throw up

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That reminds me of the severely obese parents and then they have a young child who is already huge as well. They didn’t even give them a chance to be normal.. That should be a crime.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That reminds me of the severely obese parents and then they have a young child who is already huge as well. They didn’t even give them a chance to be normal.. That should be a crime.
I also hate that, I do not like seeing kids eating the "fake" food constantly....parents are too lazy to cook for their kids so it's chicken nuggets over and over again

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also hate that, I do not like seeing kids eating the "fake" food constantly....parents are too lazy to cook for their kids so it's chicken nuggets over and over again

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Instead, they miss out on some great family time of sharing those moments preparing healthy food to create a transformational experience for all. I love being my wife's assistant in the kitchen. Good times.
It's a carnival experience for sure.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Instead, they miss out on some great family time of sharing those moments preparing healthy food to create a transformational experience for all. I love being my wife's assistant in the kitchen. Good times.
That and you get kids that grow into adults that have no idea how to cook or even boil water. Worse yet, you have people like this:

[video]https://youtu.be/QC35FAJDFpY[/video]

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha I'm 33 and still go over my parents and sit down and eat with them all the time....my girl works nights so the family time is def something the younger generation is missing

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
That and you get kids that grow into adults that have no idea how to cook or even boil water. Worse yet, you have people like this:

Wtf did I just watch

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Our schedule is insane with sports and activity after school, sometimes not eating dinner until 8:30, but we still cook dinner every night in my house and my wife refuses to ever send the kids to school without a full breakfast. They complain that they don't just get to eat a bowl of cereal like their friends and we just laugh to ourselves because we have tested this by saying, "ok, you go ahead". This last about 2 days and then we hear, "why aren't you making a big breakfast this morning?" That moved into them now reading labels on boxes and cans of food and when they see high sodium and sugars, say, "grooooss, we can't eat this.."

I learned this from my parents and it passed down. To this day, my mom at 75 is still preparing every meal and now stores them in the fridge so my dad always has something to grab.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wtf did I just watch
Pretty sad huh?!?!
If a zombie apocalypse did happen and all the fast food places and restaurants closed, if the zombies didn't get them , the millennials like these would starve to death with cans of food all around them.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
haha I'm 33 and still go over my parents and sit down and eat with them all the time....my girl works nights so the family time is def something the younger generation is missing
I miss my parents so much. My wife and I sat down to a family dinner with their neighbors just a short time ago, and I welled up. It was just like a traditional Sicilian dinner. So amazing it brought me back to my childhood.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
Missing the family aspect I believe is the reason why things are how they are in today's time

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sure. My wife often does this online cooking show and my 4 year old son helps her most of the time. He spouts off some funny sh!t during the video.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established

Maybe her IQ points are under normal levels

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That was awesome!!!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I'm almost 30. I've been with my wife for going on 7 years! We have owned our first home for 3 years. With that mortgage, new car payments, taxes, bills etc.

Been a juggalo for 11 years! Even through the military... Just didn't focus on it as much as a teen. But still bump it, rep it etc.

There's a reason they've been around for the past 30 YEARS!!!

Not all "juggalos" are the same.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I'm not fat. I don't make a fool of myself in public.

I have morals. I'm respectful etc.

Come to think of it, I'm nothing like the people you guys are talking about. Yet, I'm a juggalo, veteran, homeowner, tax payer gun owner. Good citizen

Did I say I'm a juggalo lol

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm almost 30. I've been with my wife for going on 7 years! We have owned our first home for 3 years. With that mortgage, new car payments, taxes, bills etc.

Been a juggalo for 11 years! Even through the military... Just didn't focus on it as much as a teen. But still bump it, rep it etc.

There's a reason they've been around for the past 30 YEARS!!!

Not all "juggalos" are the same.
lol I would not admit that in public.....identifying as a juggalo is hilarious

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that like admitting to being a Nickleback fan?
yeah but I'd take a nickleback fan over a juggalo....I think you can have an intelligent conversation with a nickleback fan, I've never met a juggalo who's opinion wasn't nuts

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah but I'd take a nickleback fan over a juggalo....I think you can have an intelligent conversation with a nickleback fan, I've never met a juggalo who's opinion wasn't nuts
Pheww! I was worried there for a bit because I actually like some Nickleback songs. Lol! I guess I never really heard what started all the hatred for them though. ????

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not fat. I don't make a fool of myself in public.

I have morals. I'm respectful etc.

Come to think of it, I'm nothing like the people you guys are talking about. Yet, I'm a juggalo, veteran, homeowner, tax payer gun owner. Good citizen

Did I say I'm a juggalo lol
That is great, but the fact that you are all those things and still call yourself a juggalo is puzzling. Learn me, but is there anything redeeming or worthwhile that they bring to society to want to associate yourself with them? Lends credence to the fact some call them a gang because you can listen to the crappy music, but not be part of the crew.

I have a 50 hour a week corporate career, 2 kids, live in suburbia, but I am still a crip. Good upstanding citizen, but I still rep my set.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nickelback. Every time I hear one of their songs (first few seconds), I feel a part of music will have died if I don't change the station fast enough.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pheww! I was worried there for a bit because I actually like some Nickleback songs. Lol! I guess I never really heard what started all the hatred for them though. ????
don't people hate nickleback because their music is soft and gloomy or something

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This may be a reason why people hate Nickelback.

There are few bands that get as much grief as poor, poor Nickelback, and now there's new research that explains why you probably hate the band's frontman, Chad Kroeger, so much.

Salli Anttonen, a cultural studies PhD student at the University of Eastern Finland, studied the nickelbacklash in her amazingly titled paper, "'Hypocritical bull**** performed through gritted teeth': Authenticity discourses in Nickelback's album reviews in Finnish media."

By examining reviews of the band published between 2000 and 2014, Anttonen determined that all the hatred is "not about the sound, but what values are attached to the sounds."

Haters ride Nickelback for being inauthentic, faking their way through uninspired, uncool post-grunge for purely commercial purposes, Anttonen surmises. The Canadian group relies on tried-and-true soft rock tropes and rarely attempt to play anything innovative, sticking with what will reliably get radio play. Attacking Nickelback also makes critics look better, as she found that by "nullifying Nickelback's authenticity, critics are actually authenticating themselves."

"Nickelback is too much of everything to be enough of something," she concludes. "They follow genre expectations too well, which is seen as empty imitation, but also not well enough, which is read as commercial tactics and as a lack of a stable and sincere identity."

If you're looking for a Nickelback song that perfectly exemplifies Anttonen's findings, might we suggest their 2005 track "Rockstar" for your listening, um, pleasure?

--

In a short sentence:
They're FAKE noise that fake people like.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

There are few bands that get as much grief as poor, poor Nickelback, and now there's new research that explains why you probably hate the band's frontman, Chad Kroeger, so much.

Salli Anttonen, a cultural studies PhD student at the University of Eastern Finland, studied the nickelbacklash in her amazingly titled paper, "'Hypocritical bull**** performed through gritted teeth': Authenticity discourses in Nickelback's album reviews in Finnish media."

By examining reviews of the band published between 2000 and 2014, Anttonen determined that all the hatred is "not about the sound, but what values are attached to the sounds."

Haters ride Nickelback for being inauthentic, faking their way through uninspired, uncool post-grunge for purely commercial purposes, Anttonen surmises. The Canadian group relies on tried-and-true soft rock tropes and rarely attempt to play anything innovative, sticking with what will reliably get radio play. Attacking Nickelback also makes critics look better, as she found that by "nullifying Nickelback's authenticity, critics are actually authenticating themselves."

"Nickelback is too much of everything to be enough of something," she concludes. "They follow genre expectations too well, which is seen as empty imitation, but also not well enough, which is read as commercial tactics and as a lack of a stable and sincere identity."

If you're looking for a Nickelback song that perfectly exemplifies Anttonen's findings, might we suggest their 2005 track "Rockstar" for your listening, um, pleasure?

--

In a short sentence:
Yeah, I can see that; but isn't that most of the "pop" world too? I mean, how many pop singers sound all the same saying the same thing? Well, I guess you could say that about all genres of music.
Take Beck for example. Went from "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me" to "Just wanna stay up all night with you." He adopted a new sound and genre to try to be relevant.

Hey wait, are you calling me "fake" because I like some of their songs?!?!?!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I can see that; but isn't that most of the "pop" world too? I mean, how many pop singers sound all the same saying the same thing? Well, I guess you could say that about all genres of music.
Take Beck for example. Went from "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me" to "Just wanna stay up all night with you." He adopted a new sound and genre to try to be relevant.

Hey wait, are you calling me "fake" because I like some of their songs?!?!?!
https://youtu.be/QZqfxoCYfxw.

I liked "Rock Star" when it came out... I thought it was ironic. They were serious? <- True crime.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the only time I have actually listened to any Nickleback song was in a strip club. They used to love them.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think the only time I have actually listened to any Nickleback song was in a strip club. They used to love them.
Oh cool. I've never been to a strip club. Do you all bring one project to strip or can I bring a hutch or dress of drawers to strip? What about the fumes?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

--

In a short sentence:
just change the name from nickleback to Justin Bieber and you have it nailed!!!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
That is great, but the fact that you are all those things and still call yourself a juggalo is puzzling. Learn me, but is there anything redeeming or worthwhile that they bring to society to want to associate yourself with them? Lends credence to the fact some call them a gang because you can listen to the crappy music, but not be part of the crew.

I have a 50 hour a week corporate career, 2 kids, live in suburbia, but I am still a crip. Good upstanding citizen, but I still rep my set.
This a joke? Your a crip lol.

I will always identify myself as that.

I don't walk around in public going "hey I'm a juggalo!"

I don't wear there clothing(although I have a shet load lol)

I don't paint my face, die my hair, get ridiculous tattoos...

I love ICP because the message they put out. God.

It's all about god.