Recommendations for muscle and tendon recovery

Mr Giggles

Awards
Currently I am preparing for a powerlifting meet in July, and I have 7 weeks left in this volume block.

The thing is, the volume is so high, my quads are getting hammered and some little niggles have started appearing in the tendon of my rectus femoris and there no recovering fast enough.

Obviously I don't want to pull back the volume too much, but outside of rest and food, are there any supplements you guys recommend to help speed things up?

Cheers!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Currently I am preparing for a powerlifting meet in July, and I have 7 weeks left in this volume block.

The thing is, the volume is so high, my quads are getting hammered and some little niggles have started appearing in the tendon of my rectus femoris and there no recovering fast enough.

Obviously I don't want to pull back the volume too much, but outside of rest and food, are there any supplements you guys recommend to help speed things up?

Cheers!
That Cissus is like an herbal Deca. I felt like it worked really well on my bicep tendonitis

Mr Giggles

Awards
That Cissus is like an herbal Deca. I felt like it worked really well on my bicep tendonitis
Just ordered some. Will arrive tommorow. Gonna mega dose it this weekend and see how my feel for my squat session on Monday.

Any recommendations on dosing?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just ordered some. Will arrive tommorow. Gonna mega dose it this weekend and see how my feel for my squat session on Monday.

Any recommendations on dosing?
2-3 times the recommended should be helpful. But if you want to keep your appetite, only the recommended dose is a good place start.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Laxogenin reduce inflammation, it make my joint feel mobile and young again. I don't know if the actually repair or just mask the pain. Anyhow a lot of Anabolic minds members can chime in, as I have saw many of them saying Laxogenin was better than anything they try for there joint. I think the fuss around laxogenin started about 10 year ago when the Quarterback Tim Couch ( might no be the right person) mention using laxogenin to heal is injury

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Collagen and fish oil are also a most have for me

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
is high doses of cissus suppress appetite ?
Well, any dose does. But it gets worse with increased dosage. Almost like a nausea. It’s easily something that can be worked through though.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS Joint support Xt and cissus along with growth Factor xt for added repair should have you feeling a lot better

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has cissus made anyone feel lethargic for a few hours after dosing? I’ve never noticed it before but my current bottle of Supercissus RX by usp labs makes me want to go to bed.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Has cissus made anyone feel lethargic for a few hours after dosing? I’ve never noticed it before but my current bottle of Supercissus RX by usp labs makes me want to go to bed.
Never had that feeling and I dose usually over a gram at a clip

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never had that feeling and I dose usually over a gram at a clip
Well, usplabs was caught putting other stuff in some of their products right? There’s no telling what’s really in it...

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, usplabs was caught putting other stuff in some of their products right? There’s no telling what’s really in it...
I used to use their all the time until I switch to Genoflex. I still like there, genoflex just has a couple other decent ingredients. Neither of them made me lethargic or have any negative sides.

Mr Giggles

Awards
Received the cisuss from Haya Labs today (40% extract). Dosed at 6g. Lets see how it goes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Laxogenin reduce inflammation, it make my joint feel mobile and young again. I don't know if the actually repair or just mask the pain. Anyhow a lot of Anabolic minds members can chime in, as I have saw many of them saying Laxogenin was better than anything they try for there joint. I think the fuss around laxogenin started about 10 year ago when the Quarterback Tim Couch ( might no be the right person) mention using laxogenin to heal is injury
iconogenin gets a lot of reviews about joint relief. I am using it now for a shoulder injury.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tb500 and BPC 157 together will fix pretty much anything

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
i want to use some bpc 157 as i have like 4 nagging injuries right now

would it work on a pulled groin /hip flexor would i just inject in hip?
also would it work on hernia or any type of abdomen pull /diapgram solar plexus injury

never injected or did anything like that so it seems like ahuge head ache having to mix powder in something draw it inject with correct needles

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would love to try the peptides but unfortunately I am competing tested.
I don’t think it’ll show up on any tests, I’m pretty sure you can’t test for either of them l. Especially BPC since your body already makes it. Could be wrong

i want to use some bpc 157 as i have like 4 nagging injuries right now

would it work on a pulled groin /hip flexor would i just inject in hip?
also would it work on hernia or any type of abdomen pull /diapgram solar plexus injury

never injected or did anything like that so it seems like ahuge head ache having to mix powder in something draw it inject with correct needles

It’s more for damaged tendons etc not necessarily pulled ones though it may work for that as well. I don’t think it’ll work on hernias but I could be wrong. In essence it promotes blood flow to areas by vascularizing them.

It’s not too bad, comes in a freeze dried powder, you reconstitute it and then store it in the fridge till you’ve used it up.

Mr Giggles

Awards
I don’t think it’ll show up on any tests, I’m pretty sure you can’t test for either of them l. Especially BPC since your body already makes it. Could be wrong

It’s more for damaged tendons etc not necessarily pulled ones though it may work for that as well. I don’t think it’ll work on hernias but I could be wrong. In essence it promotes blood flow to areas by vascularizing them.

It’s not too bad, comes in a freeze dried powder, you reconstitute it and then store it in the fridge till you’ve used it up.
Can you take bpc orally. Like shoot that liquid under your tongue?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can you take bpc orally. Like shoot that liquid under your tongue?
Yes but it’s less effective and it works a bit differently. Orally will help with GI issues I’ve read. The closer to the site of injury the better it’ll work

Mr Giggles

Awards
Yes but it’s less effective and it works a bit differently. Orally will help with GI issues I’ve read. The closer to the site of injury the better it’ll work
Predator Nutrition has something called unbreakable for 44 euros. Oral supp with BPC in. Worth a shot?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Predator Nutrition has something called unbreakable for 44 euros. Oral supp with BPC in. Worth a shot?
Just get legit BPC, not illegal so I’d go with the legit stuff instead and use that. It’s cheaper too and you know it’s good.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNS Joint support Xt and cissus along with growth Factor xt for added repair should have you feeling a lot better
Agreed with this. Can't go wrong with SNS Joint Support Xt. Always my go to for achy joints.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
I’ll toss a vote in for morphogens orthogen. Pretty solid ingredient profile and had a noticeable effect for me (wouldn’t pay full list price on it tho)

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Collagen as others have mentioned is critical along with a good anti inflammatory like fish oil or tumeric. I also agree Laxogenin is great for joints and recovery.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Collagen as others have mentioned is critical along with a good anti inflammatory like fish oil or tumeric. I also agree Laxogenin is great for joints and recovery.
I like transdermal laxo[iconogenin]I can put it directly on sore spot.