Reccomendations for over 50?

bubble boy

Awards
So I have been lifting for about 30 years now but as I'm getting older I'm holding more fat and less muscle mass. Trying to research some options to help me put lean muscle mass on. Joints did not like Xfactor. I have not done the PH route but would consider. Not sure if a strong test booster would help or if there is a better option. I'm open to suggestions as I continue to research. Being 50 I do need to be particular of joint issues. currently only elbow pain is an issue.
Any suggerstions would be welcome

Thanks

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I suggest you research Follidrone.As a older lifter myself,I found it really helps with increasing endurance.Check out the reviews. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/249065-follidrone-60-capsules.html
Yeah since ara was too harsh you can look into an Epi product and some ABE. Follidrone or anafuse + ABE would make a nice natty stack. Can't discuss the PH route itt but you can ask in the anabolic section ;)

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/anafuse-by-vital-labs

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/follidrone-by-black-lion-research

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/anabeta-elite-by-pes

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I agree that epi products are your best bet if ArA is out of the question. I haven't tried a laxo product yet so I can't comment there. I assume you want to stay natty. If you don't then post in the Anabolic section like Afi140 mentioned and we can give you advice there. However, the PH ban won't help your cause much!

How is your mood, energy and libido? At 50, it's probably a good idea to get a blood panel run, including thyroid and testosterone. Obviously as we age we have a harder time putting on muscle and keeping off fat, even if our values are normal, but it's a good idea to get a yearly check up just to make sure you don't have any hormonal issues like low test.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Similar to others, I would recommend EP1C and Dermastrength. Some great endurance benefits should be seen from the EP1C with a little lean mass and the addition of the Dermastrength provides not only increased muscle protein synthesis, but had been reported anecdotally to help joints fairly significantly as well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would check out Performax Labs AlphaMax. The only possible issue I could see it with the Arimistane. I can dry your joints out, but as long as you aren't taking anything else for estrogen control, your joints should be fine.

Alphamax contains a full 50mg of 95% Forskolin, a dose shown in clinical studies proven in humans to increase Lean Body Mass while decreasing Fat Mass. It contains a full 1.4 grams of Divanill, leading to lowered SHBG and increased Free Testosterone.

Contains 300mg 98% L-DOPA which will increase Total testosterone having synergistic effects with Divanill. And to round it out it contains a full 75mg Arimistane, this will keep estrogen under control while also controlling cortisol, leading to an increase anabolic environment.

The L-Dopa and ZMA will also lead to better sleep which can lead to better recovery. The Forskolin is worth the price of Alphamax alone if you look at just that one ingredient. The great thing about Alphamax is that it is an open label, no prop blends. You know what you're getting and at what dose.

IFN15

Awards
You could check out our kingpin for a solid test booster, or our most wanted for your natural anabolic or you could utilize both.;)

bubble boy

Awards
Thank you all for the info, lots out there and I can't keep up with it anymore. Some great options here, will do some reading and order up.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I have been lifting for about 30 years now but as I'm getting older I'm holding more fat and less muscle mass. Trying to research some options to help me put lean muscle mass on. Joints did not like Xfactor. I have not done the PH route but would consider. Not sure if a strong test booster would help or if there is a better option. I'm open to suggestions as I continue to research. Being 50 I do need to be particular of joint issues. currently only elbow pain is an issue.

Thanks
I recommend you:
-A stack of test boosting ingedients (it can be stack of couple good test boosters)
-higher dosage of ecdysteroids (you need quality source)
-Phosphatidic acid

If you have money, stacking all of those will help you.
Send me PM if you want to know exact which product etc

3pic_B3ast

3pic_B3ast

Awards
  • Established
At 50 I would work on boosting test and controlling estrogen and cortisol levels as this should help to lean you out. Right now SNS Inhibit E would be a good choice. Add in some DAA and maybe low dose Ostarine (Olympus labs Ostar1ne is great) at 10-20mg for the anabolic affect.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
At 50, it's probably a good idea to get a blood panel run, including thyroid and testosterone. Obviously as we age we have a harder time putting on muscle and keeping off fat, even if our values are normal, but it's a good idea to get a yearly check up just to make sure you don't have any hormonal issues like low test.
This, time to breakdown my man, get it done. I'm 45, your fighting age its impossible.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Thanks
Id go for a natty stack first like good ol DAA, Inhibit E and Cissus (for the joints) but you may want to consider going other routes if building a lot of muscle is your goal

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Check out the link I'm posting below. It is a log of AlphaMax ran by forum member Rocket. He is 56 and having great results with AlphaMax!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/262377-rockets-becoming-alpha.html
also another good log was ran by Mark_ who is an older member as well: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/261334-marks-alphamax-log.html

I would also suggest the hormone panel / bloodwork because if you do have low T and the Dr might want to prescribe TRT then you should look at the cost of that vs the cost of buying supplements.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks
I would look into Core Alpha, it's a hormonal optimizer. If your looking to stay away from ingredients that decrease estrogen to avoid joint pain, you might be best off with something like DAA and 3'4 Divanil.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
First thing I'd ask before recommending supps: Is your diet in order?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I recommend you:
-A stack of test boosting ingedients (it can be stack of couple good test boosters)
-higher dosage of ecdysteroids (you need quality source)
-Phosphatidic acid

If you have money, stacking all of those will help you.
Send me PM if you want to know exact which product etc
I really need to get some PA. I've heard good things, many of them from you! :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks
Igf-2

I'm not as old as you are but I'm using kingpin and most wanted right now. I'll let u know how it goes or follow my log

campcoll88

Awards
PA is one of the few things that really worked for me and it WORKS! :)
what did you see from it? Currently on buttload of Soy Lecithin and muscles look full and weight is up a little.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what did you see from it? Currently on buttload of Soy Lecithin and muscles look full and weight is up a little.
This is what I got from it:
-musclefullness
-size
-strength
-apetitte increased
-weightgain without changing the diet

PA is one of my fav natty products and I have tried almost everythng (even high doses)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So I have been lifting for about 30 years now but as I'm getting older I'm holding more fat and less muscle mass. Trying to research some options to help me put lean muscle mass on. Joints did not like Xfactor. I have not done the PH route but would consider. Not sure if a strong test booster would help or if there is a better option. I'm open to suggestions as I continue to research. Being 50 I do need to be particular of joint issues. currently only elbow pain is an issue. Any suggerstions would be welcome Thanks
Not sure what you are already using if anything but a great way to cover all of the most proven ingredients or "staples" is in Athletix's new Ergonine.

The formula optimizes some of the best known myogenic and ergogenic ingredients (nine of them) and our write up does a great overview with study references at athletixsports.com

It would help with building lean mass, which I know is more difficult in upper age groups. I also see you have joint issues and problems with some products, nothing in Ergonine would be an issue and actually with the hydration complex you may even see the discomfort lessened and work out endurance increased while recovery time is lessened.

On top of its own benefits it also stacks very well with the other suggestions mentioned in here for you already

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Being advanced in age you may be missing things from younger years like :

"Pumped" appearance,
Strength increase,
Muscle growth,
Fat loss,

All things Ergonine can help with, And much, much more

After reading the write-up my dad actually ordered three and is excited to start it up lol.

bubble boy

Awards
I will def, check it out. There are quite a few products mentioned. I think I will need to compile a list from everyones input and form the best possible stack.

That's the best method I can come up with and I want to get it ordered up this weekend.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I will def, check it out. There are quite a few products mentioned. I think I will need to compile a list from everyones input and form the best possible stack. That's the best method I can come up with and I want to get it ordered up this weekend.
Absolutely, are you ordering for a few months worth or just one run to start?

Lots of stack options for you,
I have used pretty much everything mentioned here so feel free to ask me anything here or by PM

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Since your 50, my opinion would be to not run any oral ph's. but try a good natural test booster, and anabeta elite or follidrone. and if you wanted you could try a DHEA cream such as Rs-Transaderm or Dermacrine, which im sure would really benefit you at your age.

bubble boy

Awards
I would prefer to set up a few months worth, that way I can hopefully get the full benefits and a good evaluation of how it works for me

bubble boy

Awards
Probably good advice on the PH's, although I would really like the muscle building aspects Im sure.

A few mentioned Dermacrine, I will look into that or similar. definitely looking for the best supps / stack I can set up

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'm two years younger than you and in the middle of a mild DHEA based (1 & 4) PH run. I went Sub-Lingual to reduce liver stress as much as possible. Very satisfied so far. I'm off label, so more product and PCT isn't OTC, but on label is a pretty simple protocol. Head to the Anabolics section and research away. The guys on here have been really helpful - I was a nervous nelly, but with proper planning, it's a breeze.

You'll have to do a cost/benefit analysis at the end of the day. If you just want to run one T product, then it will obviously be cheaper than PH's. But if you want to follow the research and stack a bunch of T products at proper doses and time lengths to try to maximize...it can get pricey as well.

Then there's the 'Gains for your Buck' factor.

Get out the pen and paper and start making a pro/con list :)

bubble boy

Awards
So, it has taken me a little bit to pull the trigger on what supps to go with. This is what I have and would like a little advice if possible.

So I couldn't resist the good price on Ana Beta Elite so I picked up 2 bottles. I am about 3 weeks into it at 4/day.
In the mean time I was figuring out what other stack I wanted to go with and ordered up 3 bottle of Triazole and 3 bottle of Active Xtreme and some DAA.
Thank you Danes!!

So my question is can I continue to run ABE and start up Triazole and Active Xtreme as well or do I finish 1 bottle of ABE and then start up or just stop ABE and start up AX and Triazole and DAA? Thanks for any and all advice.

S

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks
Research sarms.
Selective androgen receptor modulator.

iron mag labs Osta rx @ 1cap each day is what I'd say to start with.