Reasons why "Big Ramy" did not win the 2014 Olympia.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
I for sure thought he would win his first title this year.

What caused him to lose points and eventually not win?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't followed bodybuilding as closely as I used to, but I have two reasons:

1.) His name is not Phil Heath.

2.) He did not win Mr. Olympia last year.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't followed bodybuilding as closely as I used to, but I have two reasons:

1.) His name is not Phil Heath.

2.) He did not win Mr. Olympia last year.
Haha, assuming all other things were perfect for Ramy, these reasons above would have still kept him from winning.

But other, more probable reasons would have been first:

1) His quads are out of balance, and since his upper body is already very large, he needs to lose mass in the thighs to make proportions right.

2) He probably didn't come in as sharp in the am.

3) Biggest reason, his lower body is not near as conditioned (Conditioning is another word for leanness and detail) as his upper body. It will take time to accomplish this and it's normal. U just have to put ur time in. I have a similar problem myself.

4) His English and his network is probably not as impressive. Remember, being Olympia means being the face of bodybuilding.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He wasn't conditioned enough. Simple as that. He had a torn hamstring btw. Which probably inhibited his ability to get conditioned as needed.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
If Ramy won, Kia would have been even more upset. Just kidding. The whole thing seemed focused on Heath and Green. From pre-show and all the way through. My opinion anyway

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Haha, assuming all other things were perfect for Ramy, these reasons above would have still kept him from winning.

But other, more probable reasons would have been first:

1) His quads are out of balance, and since his upper body is already very large, he needs to lose mass in the thighs to make proportions right.

2) He probably didn't come in as sharp in the am.

3) Biggest reason, his lower body is not near as conditioned (Conditioning is another word for leanness and detail) as his upper body. It will take time to accomplish this and it's normal. U just have to put ur time in. I have a similar problem myself.

4) His English and his network is probably not as impressive. Remember, being Olympia means being the face of bodybuilding.
I was thinking of these exact reasons!

Drolhunter

Drolhunter

Awards
Bumping this up. What you guys think about Ramy's condition now?
Throw in some bets, how will he place this year's Olympia?

nerdslift2

Awards
He's improved for sure, but so has everyone else. Id say top 5 but I don't know if he'll ever be balanced enough to get to top 3 with Phil kai Dennis and rhoden Dexter it's crowded up there, especially when Dexter proves you don't have be a mass monster to win

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
diced to the sox, out the box, on the day leee base eez, baby plz

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
yal do know were gunna see the real rhamy now that hes finally training raw heavy barbell movements and not just machine crap he was doing with previous coaches

Drolhunter

Drolhunter

Awards
yal do know were gunna see the real rhamy now that hes finally training raw heavy barbell movements and not just machine crap he was doing with previous coaches
I agree mate. And look at that midsection: damn the waist is small compared to the huuuuuge upper body and legs... Wait for it, this guy is going to make real damage in Mr. O on a day-lee basis

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
u c da tricep ceez baby plz!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
he works with Farrah, his size isn't the problem, it's the conditioning

Farrah lacks in that dept