Reality check....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a reality check people because some of you seem to be lost in fantasy land when it comes to the results.

On the cutting plans, If you are losing 1lb per week, that is good. IF you are losing 2lb/week that is great!!!! If you expect to drop 40lbs in 8 weeks, you are nuts.

On the bulking plans, if you are gaining 1lb/week that is GREAT!!! That is 52lb's in ONE YEAR! If you expect to gain 15-20lbs during 8 weeks naturally, your are nuts. IF you do, you are genetically gifted or had a really BAD training regiment before. If you don't, you are like 99% of the population.

Stop reading message boards and basing reality on those posts. Most of it is complete bullshit.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is a reality check people because some of you seem to be lost in fantasy land when it comes to the results.

On the cutting plans, If you are losing 1lb per week, that is good. IF you are losing 2lb/week that is great!!!! If you expect to drop 40lbs in 8 weeks, you are nuts.

On the bulking plans, if you are gaining 1lb/week that is GREAT!!! That is 52lb's in ONE YEAR! If you expect to gain 15-20lbs during 8 weeks naturally, your are nuts. IF you do, you are genetically gifted or had a really BAD training regiment before. If you don't, you are like 99% of the population.

Stop reading message boards and basing reality on those posts. Most of it is complete bullshit.
Well said.. I was happy as hell to be losing 1.5-2lbs a week.. I wouldn't want to lose any more
'weight" then that at the expense of muscle loss..

Preach on!

blackwater

Awards
Amen to that. Rome wasnt built in a day....

scotty2

Awards
  • Established

looks like bobo needs a hug, found a new worst client, I see

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bite me assbag. Where have you disappeared to? You workin Coney Island again?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established

Gotta bump this one :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bump...

some people need to read this.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
:eek:

You mean I'm not going to look like Ronnie Coleman after this is over :( Well, you've just lost one repeat customer....:rasp:

:D

Come on guys, if anyone really expects to go from dud to stud in no time, I'd suggest you try to really sit down and think things out logically. Most professional bodybuilders have about 60-70lbs of LBM above the average man, and in the case of Coleman, maybe 120lbs. At the rate of 30lbs/yr, you would have reached IFBB status (in muscular development) in two years and would look like Ronnie Coleman (in size) in four. Ronnie Coleman has been lifting weights for over 25 years, has ungodly genetics, and is a walking lab experiment. You can look at someone like Aleksander Fedorov, who is 27 and huge, but then have to realize, he's still been diong it for 14 years, with ungodly genetics and is also a walking lab experiment.

next time you're in the grocery store, find 10 lbs of steak and see how much muscle that REALLY is. Then go find 10lbs of fat and see how much that is. its huuuuge!

Also, in fact, its basically a slap in the face of everyone who has had to put in the time as well...Its not easy, its a real pain in the ass, and it takes forever. Whether or not its worth it is up to you, and if you don't have the patience for it, I suggest "First Person Shooter" games as a hobby :D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I have to agree this stuff does take time and dedication... I always get pissed when my friends see a big guy and make the remark about them being roided out.

If you want to change your body it is going to take some time.

risend

Awards

Can I really gain 52 lbs a year? I'm going to start bobo's program next sunday, going to put this to the test :food:

You know what would be great, to find out that i am genetically gifted but I just didn't know and then gain 20 lbs in 8 weeks ^^ Of course then I would only have to look in the mirror to see thats obviously not going to happen. Reality hurts. :frustrate

BigDick

Awards
hahaha man someone must be annoying Bobo via emails worse than I do...

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll admit, I am one of those people who want results to come quicker than they do. In my mind I know 2lbs is phenominal but in the mirror it's hard to see changes on a weekly basis. Hell, it's hard to see changes in 4 weeks when YOU are the one judiging and critiquing yourself.

Other people see the changes but I don't and that goes for bulking or dieting. I have body dismorphia and I never am happy with what I see because I don't (in my head) SEE anything :(

Now, I am on Bobo's 8 week fat loss program and I will be taking it to 16 weeks in total. 40lbs in weeks? No. But I'd be very happy with 30lbs in 16 weeks. In fact, the weight I could careless about. It's the inches off the waistline I care more about than anything else. I'd be a very happy boy if I didn't lose a single pound but dropped 6-8" on my waist in that time frame. 280 with a 34" waist? Yep. I'd be a very happy camper. :D

risend

Awards
I'll admit, I am one of those people who want results to come quicker than they do. In my mind I know 2lbs is phenominal but in the mirror it's hard to see changes on a weekly basis. Hell, it's hard to see changes in 4 weeks when YOU are the one judiging and critiquing yourself.

Other people see the changes but I don't and that goes for bulking or dieting. I have body dismorphia and I never am happy with what I see because I don't (in my head) SEE anything :(

Now, I am on Bobo's 8 week fat loss program and I will be taking it to 16 weeks in total. 40lbs in weeks? No. But I'd be very happy with 30lbs in 16 weeks. In fact, the weight I could careless about. It's the inches off the waistline I care more about than anything else. I'd be a very happy boy if I didn't lose a single pound but dropped 6-8" on my waist in that time frame. 280 with a 34" waist? Yep. I'd be a very happy camper. :D
I swear sometimes I feel like I am seeing nothing either, but just got to keep taking all those measurements and having faith in them. Then again, sometimes I feel my mind is playing tricks on me and skewing the measurements so they look better. :frustrate

Pictures don't lie though... Especially an out of shape picture, oh man... :(

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pictures don't lie though... Especially an out of shape picture, oh man... :(
Unless you are so blind you can't even see the difference in pictures. Sometimes people see what they want to see and often its only the negatives they focus on. I can fix the physical aspect but I sure can't fix the mental aspect and its the reason some people still need a big FAT reality check.....

...and no I'm not talking directly to you....just in general. ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump because some people need to read it.