Rampage temporarily returning?

purelife1

i think he read the post where i said he sucked at acting so hes coming back

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Convenient for Rampage that shooting for the movie is all over or wrapping up. Now he wants to finish his contract out with the UFC. I bet he has no other options at the moment as far as work. Either way, glad he's coming back and hope he's on vs. Evans soon.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Jackson is definitely returning to fight Evans. He's talking about going into professional boxing after that.

mrowe8

Awards
I can not wait to see Evans vs. Rampage. I hope they both land simultaneous punches that explode each others heads and we never hear from them again.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I always loved Rampage. His howl is awesome. lol.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
I used to love Rampage but now hes just looking for some cash, thats why hes trying to do movies and thats why hes trying to switch to boxing. His name alone will get him fights in boxing and if he actually is any good at it he will make a lot more than he would in MMA once he starts to get bigger fights. But anyone who switches from MMA to movies/boxing is a big fat pvssy in my book. I used to get excited to see him fight now I just hope he gets his ass kicked.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I didn't read the OG link, if he goes to boxing hes a smart man. Thats where all the money is. Im also a big boxing fan but because of the rise of mma the majority of good fighters end up going that route. I am all for the rebirth of the American heavyweight! boxing is hurting for a Heavyweight... you have Mayweather (who is a good technical boxer but a horrible champ) booking $100m events. I want to see a boxer with killer instincts like the Heavyweights of the 80s and 90s. If Rampage is going to do that... I'm a Rampage fan.

OZjames007

OZjames007

Awards
why all the haters... what do you think will happen to rampage if he fought for another 5-10 years in MMA. he'll end up broke and washed up.... its only in his best interest.. as an athlete you have to chase the money. noone know when their time is up. but when it is you better hope you have some cash in the bank or you'll end up at the grocery store bagging for 2 bucks an hour!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
why all the haters... what do you think will happen to rampage if he fought for another 5-10 years in MMA. he'll end up broke and washed up.... its only in his best interest.. as an athlete you have to chase the money. noone know when their time is up. but when it is you better hope you have some cash in the bank or you'll end up at the grocery store bagging for 2 bucks an hour!
I think more people are not happy that he talked a big game while he was coaching TUF. If it was all for TV or not, him and evans were definitly doing a good job of firing up the fans and then he just up and retires before the fight even happened. I dont think anybody would have much of a problem with it if it was after this fight or before he made the comitment to this one.

might have been the possibility that he had no choice wanted to act and make some serious cash and had to use retirment as an excuse to make the movie for legal reasons.

SOUTHCAR27

SOUTHCAR27

Awards
I'm glad he is coming back and I like foward to their fight. I Hate evans but I think he will take Rampage.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I think it all boils sown to Dana not giving him any leeway and demanding that he not do the movie and not re-scheduling the fight. C'mon, you're gonna tell me that if you were offered a bunch of money to star in a feature film, alongside Liam Neeson, that you'd be all like, "My commitment is to supervising my workers at the Quiznos so I respectfully decline. Thank you but no." Yeah, alright.
These opportunities may not be there in a few years. Dana/Zuffa has a stranglehold on sponsors and most of those cats aren't making any money on their names or likeness, like the video game. It would suck to find yourself in the twilight of your career with a broken body, child-support and 10K in the bank.

sowthespade

Awards
Rampage is still my boy I liked him in pride and Ill always remember his slams!