Radial Nerve Palsy

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have or know someone who has had experience with this? I developed it on Thursday. I’ve been out of the supplements game for awhile but, I remember there used to be some there were effective at helping nerve regeneration..

Also wondering what are my exercise limitations. I can technically do push-ups but, is it further danger to the nerve even though it’s not engaged?
Thanks for any help.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Only supplement I know of for nerves was EvoMuse Nerve Restore. I believe that’s been discontinued for years though. Could try and “build” it yourself buying some individual ingredients. I don’t have any experience with this, so I can’t really tell you anything else.

Kevinhim

Kevinhim

Awards
Id see a neurologist, thats the only way you are going to get the answers you're looking for. From experience, I can promise no dietary supplement is going to help regenerate a nerve of that size. I had an ulnar nerve injury, which led to many surgeries, and my **** ended up never regenerating below the wrist...

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Id see a neurologist, thats the only way you are going to get the answers you're looking for. From experience, I can promise no dietary supplement is going to help regenerate a nerve of that size. I had an ulnar nerve injury, which led to many surgeries, and my **** ended up never regenerating below the wrist...
How did you move forward with training?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have no idea about your specific case. But in general, releasing the ulnar nerve should be a pretty simple procedure. Do u think u were misdiagnosed?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Not sure. Primary said he wasn't sure. Had MRI yesterday on head. Waiting to hear from doctor.

Kevinhim

Kevinhim

Awards
How did you move forward with training?
After a long while, i just decided that no matter what I'm not gonna let it stop me. No matter how bad it hurts. I started off by attending a lot of occupational and physical therapy. Then I eventually started calisthenics, plyometrics, and yoga - thats where I'm @ now, been going strong for a few months. As long as its safe - work through the pain in any way you can.

Kevinhim

Kevinhim

Awards
I have no idea about your specific case. But in general, releasing the ulnar nerve should be a pretty simple procedure. Do u think u were misdiagnosed?
It's a long sad story bro. I'm almost positive I was misdiagnosed - but I can't prove it. By the time they found out where my ulnar nerve was crushed at (after a number of surgical mishaps), it was already too late and my nerve ended up essentially dying from the wrist down.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
It's a long sad story bro. I'm almost positive I was misdiagnosed - but I can't prove it. By the time they found out where my ulnar nerve was crushed at (after a number of surgical mishaps), it was already too late and my nerve ended up essentially dying from the wrist down.
Sorry that happened.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm skeptical of Ncv/Emg testing. But dont have enough objective info to back up some assumptions.

Im curious about what your PTs or OTs thought about how you were handled.

Kevinhim

Kevinhim

Awards
I'm skeptical of Ncv/Emg testing. But dont have enough objective info to back up some assumptions.

Im curious about what your PTs or OTs thought about how you were handled.
I feel like a large part of emg diagnostics goes back to basic patient care. If you take your time and are thorough, positive results will be achieved - the simple troubleshooting mechanics of it makes it feel like you would receive accurate results. I think the embarrassing problem is that it leaves a lot up to the neuro, so if they have poor work ethics the results have the potential of being far wrong. My PT/OTs worked w/ the surgeons/neuros in the same large franchise, so they didn't say much. They generally didn't know how to approach my situation from a rehabilitation standpoint - b/c they also believed I was being misdiagnosed.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Finally getting a little wrist extension back. Some finger extension too. I see the neurologist on the 4th

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I started trying to workout again. Back movements are ok but, not a lot I can do for chest right now . Guess I'll just do ****loads of pushups.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Went and saw neurologist today. It’s a radial nerve palsey below the elbow. EMG shows the pathway is there but, some separation in communication. Doc thinks it should fully restore