RAD140: Bulking or Cutting?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is your opinion on how this compound is best utilized? I’m sure this thread has been done over the years, but opinions change.

I’m a week into a rad140 and I’ve been trying to cut. I started intermittent fasting until the early afternoon. If I’m really hungry I’ll just have a banana and maybe a protein bar (70-250 calories). I don’t eat much throughout the afternoon either, mostly sticking to high protein, low carb choices. I finally throw down around dinner time. I started doing cardio everyday. I increased my strength training from 3 days a week to 6. This is just a general guideline of the changes I’ve made, I’m not going to get into day-to-day specifics. But the end result is that I actually gained a pound after a week of trying to cut. So this has me wondering if I should just eat around maintenance or in a minor surplus to get the full effect of the drug. I want to get leaner by summer but I could always cut from April to June. What are your thoughts?

And I believe the studies on monkeys showed that rad140 is really good at adding lean mass but the monkeys’ fat levels stayed the same. This has me thinking.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't worry about going too far one way or the other. Just eat at maintenance or slightly above and watch yourself get lean. That's where RAD really shines for me. Keeping the same weight, maybe gaining a little but leaning out like crazy.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't worry about going too far one way or the other. Just eat at maintenance or slightly above and watch yourself get lean. That's where RAD really shines for me. Keeping the same weight, maybe gaining a little but leaning out like crazy.
That’s awesome. I’m gonna do exactly that.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is your opinion on how this compound is best utilized? I’m sure this thread has been done over the years, but opinions change.

I’m a week into a rad140 and I’ve been trying to cut. I started intermittent fasting until the early afternoon. If I’m really hungry I’ll just have a banana and maybe a protein bar (70-250 calories). I don’t eat much throughout the afternoon either, mostly sticking to high protein, low carb choices. I finally throw down around dinner time. I started doing cardio everyday. I increased my strength training from 3 days a week to 6. This is just a general guideline of the changes I’ve made, I’m not going to get into day-to-day specifics. But the end result is that I actually gained a pound after a week of trying to cut. So this has me wondering if I should just eat around maintenance or in a minor surplus to get the full effect of the drug. I want to get leaner by summer but I could always cut from April to June. What are your thoughts?

And I believe the studies on monkeys showed that rad140 is really good at adding lean mass but the monkeys’ fat levels stayed the same. This has me thinking.
I would cut until you are under 15 percent body fat (assuming you aren’t right now). Research shows that the leaner one is when they bulk the more prone they are to put on more muscle and less fat because the body does better with insulin management and nutrient portioning. I am currently reading a book called Bigger, Leaner, Stronger and thee author advises men to cut until below 15 percent. Read this https://legionathletics.com/cut-or-bulk/

I am at 18 percent body fat right now and plan to continue cutting only cycles till I get down to about 13 percent.

Also, the body is much more efficient when you do one or the other (bulk or cut), rather than recomp which would drag the process out longer, so whatever you do I would recommend choosing one (bulk or cut) and stick with it rather than attempting to effectively do a recomp.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would cut until you are under 15 percent body fat (assuming you aren’t right now). Research shows that the leaner one is when they bulk the more prone they are to put on more muscle and less fat because the body does better with insulin management and nutrient portioning. I am currently reading a book called Bigger, Leaner, Stronger and thee author advises men to cut until below 15 percent. Read this https://legionathletics.com/cut-or-bulk/

I am at 18 percent body fat right now and plan to continue cutting only cycles till I get down to about 13 percent.

Also, the body is much more efficient when you do one or the other (bulk or cut), rather than recomp which would drag the process out longer, so whatever you do I would recommend choosing one (bulk or cut) and stick with it rather than attempting to effectively do a recomp.
If you can put on 5 lbs of muscle a year after already lifting for a couple years, you're doing awesome. It's a slow process and I think most people are impatient and revert to the old bulk and cut to see weight go up faster. It's not necessary the way most people go about it. And while this guy says it's easier when you're lean, there's several studies showing that it's easier when you have slightly more body fat.

In your case you want to get to 13%, bulk to 15%, but then cut again to 13 because 15% is too high to bulk? You'll be switching from bulk to cut every month. Plus a huge factor overlooked is that the game changes with PEDs.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ll probably never all out bulk again. I’d rather gain slowly and not add fat. And that 15% body fat number seems pretty arbitrary. Plus, PED’s change that logic.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only a week and a half in and I’m looking slightly leaner while my weight has stayed the same. Minor changes, but they’re nice nonetheless. And I’m only at 15mg. I’m gonna order more and sometime around week 2-3 I’ll try 25mg. Strength boost is very apparent. It’s definitely the strongest sarm I’ve tried. Absolutely no negative side effects to speak of. I’m actually less aggressive on this. I feel more calm, and a general sense of well-being. Pumps are great as well.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Only a week and a half in and I’m looking slightly leaner while my weight has stayed the same. Minor changes, but they’re nice nonetheless. And I’m only at 15mg. I’m gonna order more and sometime around week 2-3 I’ll try 25mg. Strength boost is very apparent. It’s definitely the strongest sarm I’ve tried. Absolutely no negative side effects to speak of. I’m actually less aggressive on this. I feel more calm, and a general sense of well-being. Pumps are great as well.
i love Rad. I ran it at 30 mg and no sides with great pumps like you said! What mg are your tablets/capsules?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i love Rad. I ran it at 30 mg and no sides with great pumps like you said! What mg are your tablets/capsules?
I have 15mg caps. I got them about 6 months ago, and the vendor has since switched to selling 10mg caps. So I’ll have 15s and 10s when the shipment arrives.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have 15mg caps. I got them about 6 months ago, and the vendor has since switched to selling 10mg caps. So I’ll have 15s and 10s when the shipment arrives.
what brand? all my sources only have 4 mg :-(

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
That works well. 25 mg should be perfect. I used it in a stack at 15mg but felt like I should have gone higher but I wouldn’t want 30. I felt pretty shut down pretty quick so I don’t want more than needed. Doubling the dose surely doesn’t double results so imo that should be the sweet spot. You could add s4 as well if cutting to get a little extra out of the cycle.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How did Rad140 impact libido?

I have heard it is a benefit for the first few weeks, and then a determent after that. But that may be bro-science.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That works well. 25 mg should be perfect. I used it in a stack at 15mg but felt like I should have gone higher but I wouldn’t want 30. I felt pretty shut down pretty quick so I don’t want more than needed. Doubling the dose surely doesn’t double results so imo that should be the sweet spot. You could add s4 as well if cutting to get a little extra out of the cycle.
I’ve used s4 and get the vision side really bad. I’m 90% blind in dim light at 50mg. It’s crazy. I can’t use it. I tried it in the winter time and felt handicapped. But it went away in a couple days when I came off.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I have heard it is a benefit for the first few weeks, and then a determent after that. But that may be bro-science.
I’ve only been on for around a week and a half and as of now it’s pretty much had no increase in libido. Maybe a minor increase, but I’m taking a small amount of TD test. So it could be that.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established

Sounds about right in my particular case if my memory serves right

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established

Sounds about right in my particular case if my memory serves right

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established

Sounds about right if my memory serves right

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established

Sounds about right if my memory serves right

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My money bounced when I ordered more rad cause the app needed further identity verification. That gave me a second to think, and I realized I should just try 30mg a day and see if I like it before I go ahead and order more. So I’m trying 30mg today, and for the next couple days. I’ll update my opinion of it on here. But I can say 15mg is surprisingly pretty awesome. I’m only 13 days in and I’m already seeing some nice changes in my physique, while my weight remains the same.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I’m not quite sure where people get these timelines for sarms when they say things like, it takes three or four weeks to kick in. For me, it took about one hour to kick in. I felt it day one. My strength, endurance, pumps, and mood were all increased day one.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forget about the first thing I said today. Just reordered the rad cause the vendor is giving away a free bottle of mk677 to anyone who places an order today. Couldn’t pass it up. I got a bottle of rad and a bottle of mk for 48 bucks, no shipping cost. Too good to pass up.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I shouldn’t have jumped straight to 30mg but now I know. It caused a huge spike in blood pressure and just made me feel uncomfortable and toxic. That comes with a slew of symptoms itself - heavy breathing, chest pain, headaches, anxiety. So I went back down to 15mg but the problems persisted. I’m going to not take it for 48 hours, let the drug clear my system, and then start again at only 10mg and see how my blood pressure responds. Hopefully I can continue from there.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I shouldn’t have jumped straight to 30mg but now I know. It caused a huge spike in blood pressure and just made me feel uncomfortable and toxic. That comes with a slew of symptoms itself - heavy breathing, chest pain, headaches, anxiety. So I went back down to 15mg but the problems persisted. I’m going to not take it for 48 hours, let the drug clear my system, and then start again at only 10mg and see how my blood pressure responds. Hopefully I can continue from there.
any updates?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Auction 1
2manyprojects Anabolics 7
Supplement Auction 6
Anabolics 19
Anabolics 3