Answered Rack Pull Injury

Mr.Burns

Mr.Burns

Awards
During the concentric portion of a rep yesterday electricity shot down from my lower back to the back of legs into my toes, my hips locked up, and even after some muscle relaxers and ice it hurts like hell to move, period. The best part is I wasn’t even pulling heavy! Does the constitute an ER visit or will a trip to the GP suffice. I know y’all aren’t doctors but you are athletes and I appreciate any thoughts anyway.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has this happened before? Almost sounds like sciatica

Mr.Burns

Mr.Burns

Awards
GP says without running any tests because I don’t have insurance, that it may be a bulging disc, possibly the same one I almost popped about 8 years ago, and possibly SI joint ligament strain. I always do mobility work and dynamic stretches before I lift so this is all very surprising news to me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Could just be sciatica... I would look at some videos and try some of the drills before getting too gloom and doom off of a GP's guess without tests. Not really any better than ours if even that good.

Check out this video, he has helped me with several other issues.

Mr.Burns

Mr.Burns

Awards
Oh man that looks like good stuff! My hips and back are still locked up but once I get unlocked I’ll give these a go.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr.Burns Injury / Rehab 3
Training Forum 3
Training Forum 30
Training Forum 3
Training Forum 8