Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just started as directed. (83KG). Doing the Lyle McD protocol 2 from SFS

100mg Caff / approx 17.5mg Yohimbine HCL / 2g Tyrosine

1. Lyle recommends 1-3g Tyrosine. Is that based on bodyweight or tolerance? Is starting lower better here? I picked 2g because it was the middle of the road.

2. On day 3 of this, and I feel awesome. I feel amazing and super in the zone during cardio, and very energized and focused throughout the day. I know most people feel like dog **** on yohimbine, and feel like I have also felt that shitty flu-like feeling from others pres that have had Rauwolscine (which is supposed to be milder)...am I doing something wrong that I don't feel like that? I mean I trust the product I have is legit, (MTS brand direct from Marc) and it is not "bark," I was fully prepared to feel like **** and am nervous that I feel good.

3. I'm reading conflicting info...does the body develop tolerance to yohimbine hcl quickly and need to be cycled every few weeks or so or does it build and get more effective over time?

4. Lyle gives no comment on the eating window after completing this type of cardio which he does for the other protocols. I am assuming eating after is okay, or is waiting an hour preferred

Thanks

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As you pointed out, many feel lousy on Yohimbine - and I am one of them, so I have to use it in small doses. Most of the time I use Rauwolscine because I seem less sensitive to that.

But I routinely use caffeine (several cups of coffee) and 2 Gr of tyrosine.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tyrosine like most Nootropics isn't necessarily bodyweight dependent. 2g is a pretty nice dose and probably plays into why it feels so good in that combo. I usually use 1g unless I want a bigger boost.

If you feel good that is great. Not everyone feels crappy on it, it just tends to be one of those things that does have that potential. So no worries there.

I am not aware of any specific decrease in effects over time with Y, but I also don't think it improves over time either, as far as fat loss. Stimulant effect I would assume as with most stimulants you will develop some tolerance to it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1. Lyle recommends 1-3g Tyrosine. Is that based on bodyweight or tolerance? Is starting lower better here? I picked 2g because it was the middle of the road.

2g is a very good dose as @Resolve10 pointed out. You can always start low and increase and see how you respond to it. I would say 1.5-2g is a sweet spot for most people. You will also see Tyrosine in many pre-workouts or nootropics so you may pick up some if you use those throughout the day.

2. On day 3 of this, and I feel awesome. I feel amazing and super in the zone during cardio, and very energized and focused throughout the day. I know most people feel like dog **** on yohimbine, and feel like I have also felt that shitty flu-like feeling from others pres that have had Rauwolscine (which is supposed to be milder)...am I doing something wrong that I don't feel like that? I mean I trust the product I have is legit, (MTS brand direct from Marc) and it is not "bark," I was fully prepared to feel like **** and am nervous that I feel good.

Y-HCL is hit or miss on the user. Some people can't handle it, some can't. Always start low and add. 2.5mg and then sit there for a week-10 days, and then keep increasing. I can jump to 15mg upon waking in a heartbeat with no negative sides. Some at 2.5mg start getting cold sweats, increased heart rate, and shivers. I like Primaforce, its tested and true, MTS is a good brand as well. If you don't tolerate Y-HCL then yes Alpha-Y or Rauw could be a great replacement.

3. I'm reading conflicting info...does the body develop tolerance to yohimbine hcl quickly and need to be cycled every few weeks or so or does it build and get more effective over time?

I would say 8-12 weeks and cycle off. If you want to extend it longer you can, but with how lean you are I doubt you need to take cutting another 12 weeks or longer you stay very lean year-round.

4. Lyle gives no comment on the eating window after completing this type of cardio which he does for the other protocols. I am assuming eating after is okay, or is waiting an hour preferred

I would say 45-60 minutes after you should be fine. Don't overcomplicate it. Depending on your lifestyle if you want to push meals back to be on the safe side it won't hurt.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@The Solution
@Resolve10
@Beau

thanks bros

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yohimbine can raise cortisol after time. May want to add something for cortisol if you take it more than 6 weeks

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just started as directed. (83KG). Doing the Lyle McD protocol 2 from SFS

100mg Caff / approx 17.5mg Yohimbine HCL / 2g Tyrosine

Tyrosine is pretty mild, so adding 3g isn't going to really stimulant you to a much greater degree. I'd recommend reading the examine.com article on it for reference.

Never heard of flu like symptoms, but you are starting off with a very high dose as others have mentioned. I would recommend reading the examine.com article on yohimbine as well. You shouldn't really develop a tolerance to yohimbine, but with homeostasis in the body it most likely happens, so you would need to increase the dose over time.

As you pointed out, many feel lousy on Yohimbine - and I am one of them, so I have to use it in small doses. Most of the time I use Rauwolscine because I seem less sensitive to that.

But I routinely use caffeine (several cups of coffee) and 2 Gr of tyrosine.
You should check out Will Brink's bomb proof coffee. It's his take on Bulletproof coffee. It's a really great formula that gives you a boost of energy for the rest of the day. It's a strong cup of coffee, with ~2g of l-tyrosine, 5g of creatine (for brain health), a teaspoon (I might be getting the measurements off, I don't remember them off the top of my head, but the video will have it.) of pure dark chocolate cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, and then optionally cream/skim milk/milk and whatever sweetener you like (it helps the dark cocoa powder more palatable with a sweetener.

Yohimbine can raise cortisol after time. May want to add something for cortisol if you take it more than 6 weeks
I've never heard this and couldn't find any studies confirming this to be the case. According to examine.com:

Yohimbine in isolation (at 30mg) does not seem to increase cortisol nor related stress hormone levels in vivo[86], although increases were noted at this level when injected[87][88] and particularily when paired with caffeine at 10mg/kg bodyweight.[89]

If you could let us know your source for this, I'd like to see it.

Last edited:
StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Btw, I dug up these old articles on L-Tyrosine and yohimbine that are really good but are on a site that's been down for years, so I thought I'd archive them for future use. They might not be as up to date as the examine articles, but they're still good.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I watched the Bomb Proof coffee video and will give this a try. I've done Bullet Proof coffee on and off for some time, and I have everything else in bulk. So, why not?

BTW - Thanks for the link.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I watched the Bomb Proof coffee video and will give this a try. I've done Bullet Proof coffee on and off for some time, and I have everything else in bulk. So, why not?

BTW - Thanks for the link.
I have a karups machine so I just use that for my bomb proof coffee. But, I recommend getting the Starbucks 2X caffeine coffee, as it has 200mg of caffeine in it so it gives you a good boost.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I have a vice, it is coffee -- so, I get more than my share of caffeine. I've done the Bomb Proof coffee the last two days. So far, so good. Nothing noticeable, but I didn't expect to feel any discernible difference.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If I have a vice, it is coffee -- so, I get more than my share of caffeine. I've done the Bomb Proof coffee the last two days. So far, so good. Nothing noticeable, but I didn't expect to feel any discernible difference.
Well, here is a video he did on the science behind it.

It should be more stimulating since it has theobromine and other stimulants from the cocoa, and it should give you a longer pick me up since the coconut oil is slowing the absorption of the coffee.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I usually do Tyrosine + ALCAR + a Choline source with my Coffee (which I usually currently mix with Morphogen Adaptogen). I should have come up with a fancy name for my combo. :unsure:

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw, I dug up these old articles on L-Tyrosine and yohimbine that are really good but are on a site that's been down for years, so I thought I'd archive them for future use. They might not be as up to date as the examine articles, but they're still good.

I find David's articles very useful even if they are old. But I can't find them on the net anymore. I don't know where you find there. I don't know where you find these but if you have a link to his articles I would much appreciate.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I find David's articles very useful even if they are old. But I can't find them on the net anymore. I don't know where you find there. I don't know where you find these but if you have a link to his articles I would much appreciate.
I get it from the Wayback machine from 1fast400's site:

You can go back and forth and find more articles and later on some were deleted. So, you kind have to hunt around on the dates. But when I see people asking about them, I usually copy them for an archive for future reference,

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I usually do Tyrosine + ALCAR + a Choline source with my Coffee (which I usually currently mix with Morphogen Adaptogen). I should have come up with a fancy name for my combo. :unsure:
Wet Willie Coffee?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I loved reading David's articles. They were great. "Back in the day" (a phrase that usually makes me sort of ill), there was such a huge focus on this forum and others on a variety of bulk powders, amino acids, PHs, etc. MrCooper (i believe that was his user name) also had great stuff.

Ah, back in the good old days.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

This looks nice. I’m not great with stims , this might be what I’m looking for.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This looks nice. I’m not great with stims , this might be what I’m looking for.
Ya I try to limit my stims. I don't drink a very big cup of coffee but this is a great start to the morning for me.

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What dose do you use for the alcar and what source and dose do you recommend/prefer for the choline?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I use 1.5 to 2 grams of ALCAR and 1/8 teaspoon of Alpha GPC, 1/4 teaspoon green tea extract and ALA (my version of the "Anarchy Stack").

FWIW.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What dose do you use for the alcar and what source and dose do you recommend/prefer for the choline?
Below your post @Beau has a solid set up. I do similar.

1g ALCAR usually. I usually take another 1g later in the day.

I am not too picky on my Choline choice, but usually 250mg of Citicoline/Choline-CDP or 300mg Alpha-GPC.

I think the SNS Focus XT amounts are great for a pre-built and I often use the Caffeine Free version and drink it while my Coffee is brewing then drink my coffee. I don't usually mix these in my Coffee (although Tyrosine isn't bad, ALCAR is sourish though).

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@Beau IAlways appreciate additional input! Thanks. I remember reading about the anarchy stack on bb.com forums years ago! It was originally used as a weight loss aid right? Do you use it for weight loss or for its cognitive benefits?

@Resolve10 I actually just ordered focus xt, impatiently awaiting its arrival! Currently using shredderex (previously shredderall), as part of my morning Wake up and go routine (haven’t been super impressed with this one). I’ve also used Apollon overtime and rich pianas mentality. Always looking to maximize performance at home and at work!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Beau IAlways appreciate additional input! Thanks. I remember reading about the anarchy stack on bb.com forums years ago! It was originally used as a weight loss aid right? Do you use it for weight loss or for its cognitive benefits?
Ideally, it would be for both but I mostly intend the cognitive benefits.

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I picked up some solo tyrosine today and realized it also included 10mg b6:500mg tyrosine. That’s 30 mg b6 to reach my desired dose, seems like a lot of b6. Any input anyone?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I picked up some solo tyrosine today and realized it also included 10mg b6:500mg tyrosine. That’s 30 mg b6 to reach my desired dose, seems like a lot of b6. Any input anyone?
I wouldn't worry a ton. I take 75mg in my multi and am sure I've used a decent bit more than that quite often.