Question about workout routine

john10960

Awards
Hey everyone. So just a quick question.

I’ve been lifting for about a year now. A schedule that works for me (with some changes here and there) is lifting 6 days on with one full day of rest. I alternate muscle groups everyday with the push/pull rotation with one day for legs.

overall I’ve made some good gains

I’ve heard here and there that daily lifting could be counterproductive to Testosterone production but there also seems to be reference alongside that of daily WITH intense 2 hour sessions etc and not alternating muscle groups.

so overall, is it ok for T production to daily train with 1 full rest if one is alternating muscle groups and not going too hard? (I usually lift on average for an hour and fifteen minutes )

thanks guys!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you’re getting gains, why would you try to micromanage your hormones? This is something I would just go by feel. Unless you start getting depressed or burnt out, I wouldn’t worry. Even still, hormone response to training is overrated.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey everyone. So just a quick question.

I’ve been lifting for about a year now. A schedule that works for me (with some changes here and there) is lifting 6 days on with one full day of rest. I alternate muscle groups everyday with the push/pull rotation with one day for legs.

overall I’ve made some good gains

I’ve heard here and there that daily lifting could be counterproductive to Testosterone production but there also seems to be reference alongside that of daily WITH intense 2 hour sessions etc and not alternating muscle groups.

so overall, is it ok for T production to daily train with 1 full rest if one is alternating muscle groups and not going too hard? (I usually lift on average for an hour and fifteen minutes )

thanks guys!
Your natural testosterone production fluctuations mean very little for muscle growth. The only way training might lower testosterone is if it's screwing with your recovery and sleep to the point your not making progress. (Over training) 99% of ppl will never train hard enough to over train. If anything most of us are undertraining

If the program is working and you feel good then change nothing

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your natural testosterone production fluctuations mean very little for muscle growth. The only way training might lower testosterone is if it's screwing with your recovery and sleep to the point your not making progress. (Over training) 99% of ppl will never train hard enough to over train. If anything most of us are undertraining

If the program is working and you feel good then change nothing
I agree. I've always believed that overtraining is overrated. In my 20s I could train 20-30 hours a week and keep getting results and I wasn't enhanced back then. Although I will say as I get older overtraining does start to feel more and more like a real thing. I don't think it's necessarily because of muscle recovery or anything but mostly because of aging joints and trying not to aggravate old injuries.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I agree. I've always believed that overtraining is overrated. In my 20s I could train 20-30 hours a week and keep getting results and I wasn't enhanced back then. Although I will say as I get older overtraining does start to feel more and more like a real thing. I don't think it's necessarily because of muscle recovery or anything but mostly because of aging joints and trying not to aggravate old injuries.
I feel like I'm more likely to overtrain while on cycle.

Off cycle or for ppl who have never really used gear, you might work really, really hard but how much weight are you actually moving in a workout. When on cycle, especially after multiple cycles, your bigger and stronger and have more muscular endurance, now instead of benching 225×6 and doing a couple sets of Flys and dumbell presses I can bench 315×6, then do 4-5 sets of incline db presses with the 90's, then a machine chest press, then dips, then go do 3-4 triceps exercises. Your just capable of doing so much more work on cycle. Now I still don't think I overtrain, but I think on cycle I get closer then when natural

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I feel like I'm more likely to overtrain while on cycle.

Off cycle or for ppl who have never really used gear, you might work really, really hard but how much weight are you actually moving in a workout. When on cycle, especially after multiple cycles, your bigger and stronger and have more muscular endurance, now instead of benching 225×6 and doing a couple sets of Flys and dumbell presses I can bench 315×6, then do 4-5 sets of incline db presses with the 90's, then a machine chest press, then dips, then go do 3-4 triceps exercises. Your just capable of doing so much more work on cycle. Now I still don't think I overtrain, but I think on cycle I get closer then when natural
Yeah but the enhanced recovery somewhat evens it out as far as muscle recovery. But what you're saying goes back to what I was also saying regarding joints and injuries. I think people are far more likely to get joint problems and injuries on cycle because they are moving heavier weight. Often a weight that their bodies and joints are not ready to handle. Of course it seems this doesn't apply to everyone. There is probably also a mental/ego thing there too when people move weight that is too much but do it anyway because they are on cycle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah but the enhanced recovery somewhat evens it out as far as muscle recovery. But what you're saying goes back to what I was also saying regarding joints and injuries. I think people are far more likely to get joint problems and injuries on cycle because they are moving heavier weight. Often a weight that their bodies and joints are not ready to handle. Of course it seems this doesn't apply to everyone. There is probably also a mental/ego thing there too when people move weight that is too much but do it anyway because they are on cycle.
No bullshit, I've never noticed a ounce of difference in my recovery ability on cycle vs off cycle when it comes to muscle soreness or my ability to train more or less frequently.

Before gear I was wrestling and boxing and lifting weights 5-6days a week. On gear the same, only difference is I'm bigger and stronger

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do have more joint pain now but I'm also pushing 40 and have had a boatload of injuries

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
All my serious injuries were not gear related. Most were alcohol related 😆

And that's why I no longer drink

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No bullshit, I've never noticed a ounce of difference in my recovery ability on cycle vs off cycle when it comes to muscle soreness or my ability to train more or less frequently.

Before gear I was wrestling and boxing and lifting weights 5-6days a week. On gear the same, only difference is I'm bigger and stronger
That's interesting. I definitely notice a difference. The thing is, it depends on your cycle. Some stuff improves my recovery, makes me feel great, and let's me train in the gym for hours on end. Other stuff makes me feel like crap, lethargic, and makes it tough just to get to the gym. And then once I'm there I'm winded after 15 mins. Results may vary.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do have more joint pain now but I'm also pushing 40 and have had a boatload of injuries
That's what I mean... the older I get the more joint issues I have and more careful I've become. I think it's completely normal though. Did we really think we were going to have the knees, elbows, rotator cuff, etc. at 40 that we had at 20? Doesn't matter if I workout or not, there is no way I would have expected that. The older we get, the more wear and tear there is. That's just life.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's what I mean... the older I get the more joint issues I have and more careful I've become. I think it's completely normal though. Did we really think we were going to have the knees, elbows, rotator cuff, etc. at 40 that we had at 20? Doesn't matter if I workout or not, there is no way I would have expected that. The older we get, the more wear and tear there is. That's just life.
We need lots of hgh lol