Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I noticed in follidrone there's "QUERCETIN-NIACIN CO CRYSTALS " which is supposed to improve absorption.

Does taking regular quercetin extract with your supplements have a similar effect?

Does it need to be mixed directly with the supplement or can you just take pills around the same time? Or maybe take Q 30 mins before?

I have toniq quercetin:
"Quercetin 1000mg (Std. to 95% Pure Quercetin) from Sophora Japonica Leaf Extract"

Wallet55

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I noticed in follidrone there's "QUERCETIN-NIACIN CO CRYSTALS " which is supposed to improve absorption.

Does taking regular quercetin extract with your supplements have a similar effect?

Does it need to be mixed directly with the supplement or can you just take pills around the same time? Or maybe take Q 30 mins before?

I have toniq quercetin:
"Quercetin 1000mg (Std. to 95% Pure Quercetin) from Sophora Japonica Leaf Extract"
Quercetin alone has very poor bioavailability, a cocrystal gives it a major boost in solubility and bioavailability by making the 2 molecules interact (bond) via intermolecular bonds. You won't get the same results by taking the 2 molecules seperately.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Quercefit is a very good high oral bioavailability Quercetin that is backed by clinical studies.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
True, phytosome works well too! I just find it to be very expensive
The price of Quercefit actually isn't terrible but some brands do mark it up quite heavily.

The main reason that I personally prefer Quercefit in this case is that a lot of raw material suppliers have said that there is a lot that can go wrong when trying to bond the quercetin and niacin and that the stability could be very poor and that essentially you may wind up with it just being the two different materials unbonded rather than the correct bonded form. Note: I am not talking specifically about any particular company here; I'm just saying that that is information provided by several raw material suppliers as to why they don't offer that particular form (which I really appreciate their honesty on).

So with that said, for me, that's why I prefer in situations like this to go with a branded ingredient like Quercefit since branded ingredient companies like them have outstanding consistency, quality controls, and required testing on every batch of raw materials.

Wallet55

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The price of Quercefit actually isn't terrible but some brands do mark it up quite heavily.

The main reason that I personally prefer Quercefit in this case is that a lot of raw material suppliers have said that there is a lot that can go wrong when trying to bond the quercetin and niacin and that the stability could be very poor and that essentially you may wind up with it just being the two different materials unbonded rather than the correct bonded form. Note: I am not talking specifically about any particular company here; I'm just saying that that is information provided by several raw material suppliers as to why they don't offer that particular form (which I really appreciate their honesty on).

So with that said, for me, that's why I prefer in situations like this to go with a branded ingredient like Quercefit since branded ingredient companies like them have outstanding consistency, quality controls, and required testing on every batch of raw materials.
And here I was thinking of making my own cocrystals haha thanks for the info! Do you plan on bringing a Quercefit product to the market?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And here I was thinking of making my own cocrystals haha thanks for the info! Do you plan on bringing a Quercefit product to the market?
No, actually in full disclosure the company that has the rights to Quercefit is one of my least favorite branded ingredient companies to work with so I'm definitely not trying to promote them; just being honest that I think they make the best ingredient in this class.

If we were to have a formula that called for it one day, I wouldn't rule out using it; but had never even considered bringing it out as a single ingredient product. I would if enough people wanted us to, but hadn't even thought of it.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thinking of picking up some phytosome. I have been experimenting with 1000mgx3 a day of regular quercetin, to help. Woth my IBS-C. Theres seems to be some decent evidence in its favor.

Wallet55

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thinking of picking up some phytosome. I have been experimenting with 1000mgx3 a day of regular quercetin, to help. Woth my IBS-C. Theres seems to be some decent evidence in its favor.
Were you taking it with Vit C and bromelain? Or just plain? I see there's a vendor selling phytosome Q in powder form, I might give it a try myself

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've read some about that too and it does seem like there's some good evidence for it. If you try Quercefit for it, let me know how you like it if you don't mind.