quads no longer a good injection site

pump35

Awards
I'm on week 4 of a test e 500mg/week cycle. Injections started off going great, never hit a vein or a nerve and now my last 3 injections I probably had to reinject atleast 4 times before finding a good spot. Half the time I feel like I hit something hard it is a very sharp pain. I'm going to assume that's a nerve and of course find a new site. The other half the time I asperate and blood fills in. I then relocate and move about an inch to a new site. Can someone shed some light on why I am experiencing this. Thanks

napalm

napalm

Awards
I'm on week 4 of a test e 500mg/week cycle. Injections started off going great, never hit a vein or a nerve and now my last 3 injections I probably had to reinject atleast 4 times before finding a good spot. Half the time I feel like I hit something hard it is a very sharp pain. I'm going to assume that's a nerve and of course find a new site. The other half the time I asperate and blood fills in. I then relocate and move about an inch to a new site. Can someone shed some light on why I am experiencing this. Thanks
I've injected quads twice a week for a year and a half now and have never had any if the issues you describe. Never hit a vein, nothing. I have no idea what could be 'hard.' If I get resistance, I just jam it past. Not trying to be a dick, but you're stabbing yourself with a needle, there's going to be some degree of pain.

I get some muscle twitching once in a while, but I just stop for a few seconds, then jam it past.

Have you been needle 'squeamish' in the past?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pin glutes bro

larobi

Awards
I pin glutes, quads, delts and have even done pecs. Don't be afraid to try new sites from time to time.

pump35

Awards
Well I just don't understand how at the beginning everything seemed perfect and painless and now all the sudden something ain't adding up. Also I pinned one time directly after squatting so maybe my muscles twitching could effect it. I usually try and inject before any kind of leg work.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hit EVERYTHING with a slin pin these days

Will never go back

Quads, Bis, Tri's, Delts. Chest - what a cinche.

On bigger muscles, just press the slin pin down further on the leanest part of the muscle (outter thigh for me for example) until it dimples and then sqz the oil in

Been doing this for a year.

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
I hit EVERYTHING with a slin pin these days

Will never go back

Quads, Bis, Tri's, Delts. Chest - what a cinche.

On bigger muscles, just press the slin pin down further on the leanest part of the muscle (outter thigh for me for example) until it dimples and then sqz the oil in

Been doing this for a year.
I thought slin pins don't go deep enough...?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You probably just hit a string of bad luck OP, i wouldn't cross off quads just yet.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me too

I started pinning subQ after reading about bro's trying it out and doing well with it. Then it dawned on me, if SubQ works, then while injecting in muscles, if I fail at going deep enough, Im still hitting subQ whjich still seems to be OK sooooo :p

Scary logic but I have been doing this for a long time.
I thought slin pins don't go deep enough...?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If i was going sub q i would minorly be worried about absorption rate. But that's just me.

BigShadow

BigShadow

Awards
  • Established
Me too

I started pinning subQ after reading about bro's trying it out and doing well with it. Then it dawned on me, if SubQ works, then while injecting in muscles, if I fail at going deep enough, Im still hitting subQ whjich still seems to be OK sooooo :p

Scary logic but I have been doing this for a long time.
Curious about this as well. I have actually read a few threads were you have stated you pin sub Q. Will the absorption rate be a lot faster? I thought the whole point of pinning in the muscle was to get a depot of oil and ester that gave you a slow seep of test into your blood. How would pinning sub Q effect absorption? If anyone can chime in on this( detroit hammer)I would be interested to hear what info u may have.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish I could answer intelligently fellas. Personally speaking, I am on TRT and have not noticed one difference.

This dude is a respected Doc in the TRT arena so take it for what it's worth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98LOFQwUGA&feature=youtu.be

If i was going sub q i would minorly be worried about absorption rate. But that's just me.
Curious about this as well. I have actually read a few threads were you have stated you pin sub Q. Will the absorption rate be a lot faster? I thought the whole point of pinning in the muscle was to get a depot of oil and ester that gave you a slow seep of test into your blood. How would pinning sub Q effect absorption? If anyone can chime in on this( detroit hammer)I would be interested to hear what info u may have.

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
Yeah I thought the deeper was better but you guys would know better then me. Ive been going 1.5 in into quads... haha. This is my first go around and loving it, so no complaints here. Someone mentioned jabbing fast and that just seems wrong in the quad. I go extra slow. To many nerves.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I tend to agree...quads are a total pain in the azz. Seems you can go weeks with no issues, then several times in a row you hit a nerve or run through a vein. I never really pulled back blood, but I know I run through veins all the time in quads since I'll get bleeding upon withdrawal. Usually with delts? no issues. Although I did bust a vein once recently in the delt and had major bruising all down my bicep from the blood pooling up. Nasty :D

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
I tend to agree...quads are a total pain in the azz. Seems you can go weeks with no issues, then several times in a row you hit a nerve or run through a vein. I never really pulled back blood, but I know I run through veins all the time in quads since I'll get bleeding upon withdrawal. Usually with delts? no issues. Although I did bust a vein once recently in the delt and had major bruising all down my bicep from the blood pooling up. Nasty :D
Yeah that's no Bueno. I personally like the quads. That and Ventro glutes. Money spots. I think with the quads you have to know the right area to go. Outside of the quad, lower middle half... flex, and that outside muscle comes to a peak. Thats where I get it at. My 2 cents

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i love the left ventricle when my right testicle is over pinned

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
i love the left ventricle when my right testicle is over pinned
Just shoot into your jugular instead of straight into the ventricle, it will get there almost as fast....and less chance of piercing through your heart on the other side with a long needle. Pin smart, don't be stupid :D

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Yeah that's no Bueno. I personally like the quads. That and Ventro glutes. Money spots. I think with the quads you have to know the right area to go. Outside of the quad, lower middle half... flex, and that outside muscle comes to a peak. Thats where I get it at. My 2 cents
I always heard the higher on the quad the better....There seems to be less veins up top, but then again there seem to be more nerves up there. I think its really hit and miss with the quads, you are never really sure wtf is gonna happen.