Protein Supplementation in Addition to Protein from Whole Foods

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In about a month I am planning on going through a lean bulk. Now before anyone starts to berate me about "using the search function" or "your proteins should only come from whole foods with your diet" I want you to understand that I already checked the search function and most results were from years ago and were more about buying protein in bulk rather than which protein shake was more effective for bulking. My diet has been pretty solid. I just came off of a 3 month cut and will be staying clean while incorporating more protein/carbs via chicken, tuna, turkey, lean beef, steak, oats, greens, etc.

I would just like to be able to add protein shakes INTO THE MIX throughout the day because I work at a hospital for 12 hours and its not the easiest for me to just go and make my food especially when one of my patients could need me at any moment.

Coming off of the cut, I was used to low to zero carb protein powders such as ISO-100 or Musclegauge protein. I'd like some recommendations on what to switch into it, even if that includes making my own (please share some recipes!).

In the past I've used Syntha-6, and ON 100% Gold Standard Whey (was looking at Hydro-Builder and Hydro-Whey).

A friend of mine that has become my training partner (more so me training him than anything) used to be in the marines and is 5'6 and 155lbs and he needs a lot of help. I'm also asking this for him as well. Besides whole foods...

Thanks in advance,

DJ

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look into XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 and Iforce Protean. Both taste AMAZING (in pretty much every flavor I have tried so far).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Look into XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 and Iforce Protean. Both taste AMAZING (in pretty much every flavor I have tried so far).
These and trutein. All best in the category.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i still enjoy myofusion...

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
lean bulking I switch from whey and/or egg protein mixed in water shakes to muscle milk mixed in 2% milk shakes. Its hard for me to eat with my schedule also, so one or two of these can boost up my cals where straight protein boosts protein (for a cut or recomp) but not necessarily the required calories. tastes good as fck too. I am always surprised at how hard it is to get 3000-3500 cals eating clean for a lean bulk (esp w/ hectic schedule and no time to sit and eat much of the time)....eating dirty, no problemo of course :D....

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Trutein.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Yupp. Trutein, slightly on the expensive side but profile is pretty damn good.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Starting to lean towards dat Trutein!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Protean is a staple since it's got a pretty balanced macro profile and the taste is awesome. And I mean, how can you not love a little Red Velvet Cake :D (in addition to any of the other flavors, can't really go wrong with any of them lol)

XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 lemon cream pie and cinnamon bun taste awesome as well