Protein powders

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Hey guys, what protein powder has the best taste and protein profile? I usually go with water as a mixer.

Sidenote: I know there's going to be that one person that's going to say I should get my protein from real food. I know, I eat about 200 g of protein from whole foods, but the last hundred grams is hard to eat.... Especially on a college budget.

MJW

MJW

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin shoppes bodytech whey tech is great and good for a budget. Best flavors are chocolate, banana cream, and mint chocolate. Trust me you don't be disappointed especially if you mix with water.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taste is subjective. Profile is also tailored to the user. What i want in macros may not be what you want.

That being said, these would be my top 5 for taste: XF UP 2.0, BPI, PES, BlueStar, Metabolic Protizyme

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PES Select for me, but only when it's on a sale, because I don't like spending much money on protein powders. MyProtein is also cheap/good profile, but "ok" taste.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Regardless of what you use, do your research on the product. Hate to be a Debbie Downer but more and more companies getting caught for protein spiking, mislabeling etc. There are now a few companies going full disclosure which is great, Muscle-Elements, Man Sports, Nutrabio

If you don't have any lactose intolerance issues than a good concentrate should do you well.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out iForce's Protean, lots of unique flavors (Mint Chocolate Chip is AWESOME), and no spiking with aminos!

Other tasty, high-quality ones to check out are:

Blue Star Whey-Smooth / Iso-Smooth
Animal Whey
PES Select
Magnum Quattro

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, what protein powder has the best taste and protein profile? I usually go with water as a mixer.

Sidenote: I know there's going to be that one person that's going to say I should get my protein from real food. I know, I eat about 200 g of protein from whole foods, but the last hundred grams is hard to eat.... Especially on a college budget.
Why do you think you need 300 grams of protein per day?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
USPLabs Modern Protein is one of my favorites. Great taste and macros, and a link to some special pricing right on this page.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Syntha 6 best tasting. You can find deals sometimes.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Animal Whey
USP Labs Modern Protein
PES Select
Cellucor Cor Whey
Blue Star Whey Smooth
Man Sports Clean Protein
Purus Labs Myofeed

Don't always strive for cheap.. remember not all cheap proteins will meet label claims. I rather you pay for something that does match its label claims.

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
For value and quality nothing beats optimum nutrition, i cycle a lot of protein powders, but keep coming back to optimum.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Animal Whey
USP Labs Modern Protein
PES Select
Cellucor Cor Whey
Blue Star Whey Smooth
Man Sports Clean Protein
Purus Labs Myofeed

Don't always strive for cheap.. remember not all cheap proteins will meet label claims. I rather you pay for something that does match its label claims.
This. All of my fav are listed above. PES select being the first.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Animal Whey
USP Labs Modern Protein
PES Select
Cellucor Cor Whey
Blue Star Whey Smooth
Man Sports Clean Protein
Purus Labs Myofeed

I would add SAN Titanium Whey to this as well.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
I use trueprotein. I ordered small batches at first to find the mix and flavor i oreferred. I now use them exclusively. 70% egg white 30% beef isolate banana smoothie

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Thanks for all the replies! Seems like PES has bee. Mentioned the most. Tbh never even heard of them lol

jathan_howe

Awards
Thanks for all the replies! Seems like PES has bee. Mentioned the most. Tbh never even heard of them lol
Have you heard of AnaBeta Elite, Norcodrene, Alphamine, or Erase around here? All popular products that were made by them

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Well I'm glad you stopped in at Anabolic Minds then, because we know about the good stuff

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1471735311.597668.jpg

Seriously great tasting stuff, even in water as looks like your preference. Studied blend, great taste, proven not spiked (we actually exceeded true protein content in testing) quality protein.

We have 7-serving tubs to try it out, or sample packs on the main site as well.

Which I recommend trying depends what your flavour preferences are but it's real hard to go wrong with our options

My current favourites are Chocolate Frosted Cupcake, Gournet Vanilla, Snickerdoodle, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

If you happen to like protein recipes or baking with your protein, Select is amazing for it.

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Have you heard of AnaBeta Elite, Norcodrene, Alphamine, or Erase around here? All popular products that were made by them
I actually tried the alpha mine before pretty good didn't realize it was PES

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PES gets a lot of love around here, but for good reason. Solid formulas as well as great tasting products :D
It's hard to beat when it comes to quality and taste:)

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established

Best taste and quality bar none for me is MTS Nutrition MTS Whey. Cookies and creme tastes like melted cookies and creme ice cream and red velvet tastes like a slice of red velvet cake. Stuff is on point and good macros. It's like $54.99 for 5lbs I believe. Good deal for a good protein IMO

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Select Protein was pretty good too. Have to give it props as well

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Best taste and quality bar none for me is MTS Nutrition MTS Whey. Cookies and creme tastes like melted cookies and creme ice cream and red velvet tastes like a slice of red velvet cake. Stuff is on point and good macros. It's like $54.99 for 5lbs I believe. Good deal for a good protein IMO
C&C best flavor you think?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
C&C best flavor you think?
His top seller (from what he says on Youtube)
If you ever watch my youtube video reviews (@bkupniewski) I review almost all of his flavors. mine are 1) Pumpkin Pie 2) PB Cookie and Cream 3) Red Velvet

My Top 10:
1. Pumpkin Pie (Love everything pumpkin)
2. Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream (good combo of both)
3. Red Velvet (Small red velvet chunks)
4. Aussie Triple Chocolate Biscuit (huge chunks of chocolate pieces)
5. Coconut Chocolate Cookie (tastes like a Samoa Cookie)
6. Birthday Cake
7. Apple Pie (Aroma is strong, good apple pie flavor)
8. Caramel Sutra (Enjoy white chocolate and caramel)
9. Peanut Butter Fluff
10. Cookies and Cream

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
His top seller (from what he says on Youtube)
If you ever watch my youtube video reviews (@bkupniewski) I review almost all of his flavors. mine are 1) Pumpkin Pie 2) PB Cookie and Cream 3) Red Velvet

My Top 10:
1. Pumpkin Pie (Love everything pumpkin)
2. Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream (good combo of both)
3. Red Velvet (Small red velvet chunks)
4. Aussie Triple Chocolate Biscuit (huge chunks of chocolate pieces)
5. Coconut Chocolate Cookie (tastes like a Samoa Cookie)
6. Birthday Cake
7. Apple Pie (Aroma is strong, good apple pie flavor)
8. Caramel Sutra (Enjoy white chocolate and caramel)
9. Peanut Butter Fluff
10. Cookies and Cream
Completely forgot about PB Cookies and creme. That has been my #1 by far

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Great suggestions in this thread so far, aside from Syntha-6, lol. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a nice treat, but it's like ~50% protein by weight.

If I were you right now, I'd get in on the USPlabs Modern Protein deal before it's over: https://usplabsdirect.com/caramelmodernprotein-2lb-triple-pack-am

All the flavors are really good, the protein profile is top-notch, and the price is hard to beat.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PEScience Select is not only a blend of protein with science behind it, but it is also filler free with 3rd party testing available. You actually get what is on the label

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PEScience Select is not only a blend of protein with science behind it, but it is also filler free with 3rd party testing available. You actually get what is on the label
My other top choice. Also one of the best for mixing in water due to the potent flavoring.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get what is listed with top notch flavors and taste. :)

Peanut Butter cup still being my favorite out of any brand or flavor I've tasted.