Unanswered Protein powder.. What do ya'll use?

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use KetoGenics brand Iso Why peanut butter cookie

KetoGenics brand Zero carb, zero fat (80/20 whey iso/casien) cinnamon roll flavor

I also do my own custom protein belnds from various companies online who offer that, TN etc

Attachments

Last edited:
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of my least favorite flavors from the brand.
Here is my current list of favorites on my last Youtube Video

My Ranking of Select Flavors:
1. Vanilla
2. White Chocolate Mint
3. Amazing Cake Pop
4. Chocolate Mint Cookie
5. SnickerDoodle
6. Peanut Butter Cookie
7. Frosted Chocolate Cupcake
8. Strawberry Cheesecake
9. Peanut Butter Cup
10. Cookies & Cream
I have not used PES in years but it is a good protein and I love the flavoring, texture, protein blend and macros. I just haven't purchased it because I buy things on sale and I only use so much protein so when I buy 5 pounds it typically lasts a couple months.

But in my experience I have to disagree with The Solution on his flavor ranking haha. C&C was a little sweet but one of my favorites. I love PB so their PB flavors were high up for me and I would put CPBC up at #2 for me. I am normally not a straight chocolate lover, but their Frosted choc is a top 5 for me. I have not tried their cake pop, strawberry cheesecake or mint cookie. Their White choc mint is OK, the second version was way better than the first, but probably falls 6-7 for me.

Now...I am gonna post some studies to show that I am right and he is wrong. BRB.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have not used PES in years but it is a good protein and I love the flavoring, texture, protein blend and macros. I just haven't purchased it because I buy things on sale and I only use so much protein so when I buy 5 pounds it typically lasts a couple months.

But in my experience I have to disagree with The Solution on his flavor ranking haha. C&C was a little sweet but one of my favorites. I love PB so their PB flavors were high up for me and I would put CPBC up at #2 for me. I am normally not a straight chocolate lover, but their Frosted choc is a top 5 for me. I have not tried their cake pop, strawberry cheesecake or mint cookie. Their White choc mint is OK, the second version was way better than the first, but probably falls 6-7 for me.

Now...I am gonna post some studies to show that I am right and he is wrong. BRB.
I am going to have to agree with this. Frosted chocolate and the C&C are 2 of my 3 favorites for PES.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Everyone has their own preferences, but I just found their Chocolate and Chocolate PB To fall short to many others on the market (Sparta Choc PB Cup, IsoFlex Chocolate PB, Xtend Pro Chocolate, Quest PB, Iso100 PB, for some). PES CnC doesn't come close to Beverly CNC which is the king of CNC's on the market.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone has their own preferences, but I just found their Chocolate and Chocolate PB To fall short to many others on the market (Sparta Choc PB Cup, IsoFlex Chocolate PB, Xtend Pro Chocolate, Quest PB, Iso100 PB, for some). PES CnC doesn't come close to Beverly CNC which is the king of CNC's on the market.
It could just be that I haven't tried good stuff :) I've never used the Beverly UMP, although I've considered it, but price and macros just don't fit my needs usually...but one day.

I did get some Sparta - but I went with Blueberry Muffin and I wonder if that was a mistake, it's not my favorite. It mixes clumpy for me, texture is not great, and the flavor is not the best. It's not bad, for the price I paid it is fine, but the Blueberry Muffin just disappointed me. Next time I will try their PB flavors.

Quest PB is really good, but again too expensive for my needs except on rare occasions or when I can grab a single serve pack.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Beverly is similar macros to a regular whey blend
6DB905DE-EE7D-4F2F-8C3B-CBAAAED9258E.jpeg

Not going to break the bank

Sparta blueberry is one of their worst IMO, very light in blueberry , they have much better options —- Cinna crunch , Pb cups, Krunchy Krisp for example.

With Sparta at 30% OFF right now, $28/2lb tub is the best price you can find to try some of the other flavors.

Here are my reviews on them.

Last edited:

LvlUpStrength

Awards
Bodybuilding Warehouse Performance Mass and I also like Sci-MX.

I would like to buy Whey Isolate or Peptopro but they are expensive.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
MTS Machine Whey is my new go to. The Ice Cream Sandwich flavor is hnnnnnngggg

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bowmar Nutrition flavoring is on point. Love their protein also the new chocolate caramel dymatize is unreal. Love it haha

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Costco is currently selling 5.5 lb bags of ON Gold Standard Choc or Vanilla for $35. That works for me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried Carnivor whey? It's made from beef isolate. Are meat based protein superior to milk based protein?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right now I'm using Ghost Blueberry - Definitely one of my Top Three Favorites !!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Has anyone tried Carnivor whey? It's made from beef isolate. Are meat based protein superior to milk based protein?
beef sucks
Has way less aminos then whey or isolates

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On because it tested well. Lots of them got tested awhile ago and most didn’t meet label claims.

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Giving myprotein a try since I got a decent deal on some, went with plain ol chocolate

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes though I’m wondering if I’m paying for the name actually and not the product but they’ve always treated me well

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Currently I'm working through a 10 lb bag of Myprotein and also have a 5 lb tub of Chaos and Pain Kraken
My latest have been Rule1 protein, finished up fruity cereal which was decent and am now working with cinna cereal which is quite good. Probably the best of their flavors I've tried to date.

Also using Dymatize EliteXT chocolate for blending into shakes.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hop on that Build Fast Formula Intro sale on Eighty:20
$25/Bag ($1/Serving) and Free Shipping on orders over $50.
It sold out over half it stock in one day!

Coupon: Bob15

BFF 1.jpeg
BFF 2.jpeg

I also rotate between:

PES Science
Quest Protein Powder
Ghost Protein
Rule 1 Whey Blend
Dymatize Iso100
Nutrex & Ghost Vegan

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
myprotein clear isolate

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this is an old thread but it seems like Dave went out of business with Xtreme Formulations? I was looking for some UP 2.0 and can't find it.

Any similar replacements? The man was a badass with flavoring...

(P.S. - Yes I've been away from the supp market for a bit lol)

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know this is an old thread but it seems like Dave went out of business with Xtreme Formulations? I was looking for some UP 2.0 and can't find it.

Any similar replacements? The man was a badass with flavoring...

(P.S. - Yes I've been away from the supp market for a bit lol)
What sorta flavors do you like?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Salmon protein with casein for me !

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What sorta flavors do you like?
Lately I've been stocking up on PES, Olympus, Ghost, and Spartan.

None taste as good as XF Lemon, Cinnamon, etc imo tho lol Unless it's the pure nostalgia of those days playing a role.

Ghost PB Cereal
Spartan Fruity Cereal
PES PB Cup / Snickerdoodle / Vanilla / White Choco Mint

Are all awesome, I don't have any real strong preferences other than disliking super chocolatey stuff. Dymatize or Nutrabio Orange Dreamsicle next up on my list. Always open to suggestions!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lately I've been stocking up on PES, Olympus, Ghost, and Spartan.

None taste as good as XF Lemon, Cinnamon, etc imo tho lol Unless it's the pure nostalgia of those days playing a role.

Ghost PB Cereal
Spartan Fruity Cereal
PES PB Cup / Snickerdoodle / Vanilla / White Choco Mint

Are all awesome, I don't have any real strong preferences other than disliking super chocolatey stuff. Dymatize or Nutrabio Orange Dreamsicle next up on my list. Always open to suggestions!
I was going to suggest those
I would also advise ---

PES -- Chocolate Mint & Cake Pop
Sparta -- Choc PB Cup and Cinna Crunch
Rule 1 Whey Blend -- Toasted Cinnamon Cereal & Fruity Cereal
Sinfit - Fruity Cereal & Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
Quest - Peanut Butter & Cinnamon Crunch

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to suggest those
I would also advise ---

PES -- Chocolate Mint & Cake Pop
Sparta -- Choc PB Cup and Cinna Crunch
Rule 1 Whey Blend -- Toasted Cinnamon Cereal & Fruity Cereal
Sinfit - Fruity Cereal & Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
Quest - Peanut Butter & Cinnamon Crunch
Thanks man, always a fan of PES - even Trutein tbh. I was a rep PES back in the day briefly, when they had Anabeta Elite lol

I'll give the Cake Pop a try along with Nutrabio Orange Dreamsicle. I'm getting a little burnt out on all the cinna crunch / PB flavors for now.

I just remember XF 2.0 Lemon Cream Pie, Cinnamon Roll, and Banana being god tier...Even Illadelphia was hooked hah The blends (Whey / Casein of some sort) seam a little creamier to me plus the satiety and absorption times don't hurt.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks man, always a fan of PES - even Trutein tbh. I was a rep PES back in the day briefly, when they had Anabeta Elite lol

I'll give the Cake Pop a try along with Nutrabio Orange Dreamsicle. I'm getting a little burnt out on all the cinna crunch / PB flavors for now.

I just remember XF 2.0 Lemon Cream Pie, Cinnamon Roll, and Banana being god tier...Even Illadelphia was hooked hah The blends (Whey / Casein of some sort) seam a little creamier to me plus the satiety and absorption times don't hurt.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas!!
I know Josh (Illa) and met him in real life since he lives in Philly. We go WAY BACK! That is why everything I put above is a blend for you since that seems to be what you prefer. The Nutrabio will be on the thin side (Prob not to your liking) which is the same consistency as the ISO100. Both are very good for Orange Cream flavors, so either is a good change of pace.

I do know the Iso100 Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles will be out soon and I should have those in stock very shortly. I'll have to get youtube reviews for those who are interested.

If you do want a thick blend the Build Fast Formula 80/20 which is 80% casein and 20% WPC is super thick, and for a basic chocolate and vanilla have had great reviews.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know Josh (Illa) and met him in real life since he lives in Philly. We go WAY BACK! That is why everything I put above is a blend for you since that seems to be what you prefer. The Nutrabio will be on the thin side (Prob not to your liking) which is the same consistency as the ISO100. Both are very good for Orange Cream flavors, so either is a good change of pace.

I do know the Iso100 Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles will be out soon and I should have those in stock very shortly. I'll have to get youtube reviews for those who are interested.

If you do want a thick blend the Build Fast Formula 80/20 which is 80% casein and 20% WPC is super thick, and for a basic chocolate and vanilla have had great reviews.
Yep, I was good friends with Josh for years - went to a buffet with him, Spaz, Connor a bunch of guys. The Orange being a little thinner actually makes sense since its a bit fruitier, so I'll still give it a try. I'm not religious to blends, more just if I have the choice, that's my preference type thing.

As always - appreciate the info. We'll be in touch for sure boss man

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yep, I was good friends with Josh for years - went to a buffet with him, Spaz, Connor a bunch of guys. The Orange being a little thinner actually makes sense since its a bit fruitier, so I'll still give it a try. I'm not religious to blends, more just if I have the choice, that's my preference type thing.

As always - appreciate the info. We'll be in touch for sure boss man
Shady Maple!??? If so.. Jealous x10000

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shady Maple is not to far from my home !! Go on your Birthday and it's Free !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shady Maple is not to far from my home !! Go on your Birthday and it's Free !!
I've been meaning to go for my birthday for years, love that place. I'm actually up that way quite a bit. I didn't know you were around here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EpiStrong Supplements 30
LJ57 Supplements 23
LJ57 Supplements 1
akboom87 Supplements 34
Supplements 7