Protein powder and milk question?

thessbros

thessbros

Awards
I can't stand drinking my post workout shake with water so I was wondering if I mixed it with milk does that slow the digestion of the whey or would it just be fine?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
it will be fine, i use pb and milk in my shake all the time.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
the only people that will preach to you about absorption are company reps and little ***gits from bb.com. it really doesnt matter as long as you get your macros in. i mix mine with milk and peanutbutter too, tastes great if you have the right flavor *vanilla, or chocolate*

thessbros

thessbros

Awards
Thanks for the speedy responses guys! I'll be sure to use milk

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
Unsweetened almond milk is good too n only 30 calories.. Don't Kno if you carb abot the cals or not..

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
almond milk is freakn delicious

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't stand drinking my post workout shake with water so I was wondering if I mixed it with milk does that slow the digestion of the whey or would it just be fine?
I also cannot drink it with water. Was out of skim milk last week and swear I was gonna throw up drinking it with water. So gross.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never use water... Whole fat milk

- Valdez

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
yea water tastes like **** unless you have one of those fruit flavored protein powders

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm about to go off powders completely. Seem to look bloated & flabby, upset stomach when using any powder.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Unsweetened almond milk is good too n only 30 calories.. Don't Kno if you carb abot the cals or not..

Yup, s/free vanilla almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, and protein powder blended w// ice is a beautiful thing!!!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm about to go off powders completely. Seem to look bloated & flabby, upset stomach when using any powder.
Whole food protein bro!!!

- Valdez

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I was joking too. That question mark was supposed to "set off" the sentence. Thanks 8th grade grammar class
You're a MIT student; you know we can't keep up with you...

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I think it really depends on the brand of protein you have. The 2 wheys I have right now taste like garbage mixed with milk, and my IDS smart gainer is waaay too thick with it. I used milk with ON whey or casein though, or the old gaspari real mass.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
as long as your not lactose intolerant milks fine, hell I'm lactose intolerant and still occasionally use milk, the only complaints i get are from my wife when I blow up the bedroom.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
as long as your not lactose intolerant milks fine, hell I'm lactose intolerant and still occasionally use milk, the only complaints i get are from my wife when I blow up the bedroom.
In the words of Wendler "get some baby wipes, its going to get messy."

- Valdez