Protein Factory thoughts

ZaidFox

Awards
What does everyone think about the Protein Factory brand and president Alex Rogers? The reason I ask, is I've run through the website and find lots of contradictory info. I've seen the videos of him bashing certain supplements such as arginine, ZMA, and N.O and other protein processes. There was one video of him bashing soy protein yet I find posts that he "personally" posted stating all the benefits of it. I sent him an e-mail and "he" replied saying that he has it on there because Will Brink thinks its a good protein. Long story short, curious if this guy knows what he is talking about or another BS.??

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It's protein, it's a pretty self explanatory supplemen. who cares what Alex Rodgers thinks, I dont need someone else's opinion on a pretty basic supplement that I already know enough about.

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
I think they offer some great proteins, especially if you want something that doesnt have 5 different types of gums and phosphates.
Im actually using their super plasma and miceller casein. oh n u know who else got good protein blends, pro source. cheaper than
what you get at *** and higher quality. great flavors too.

ZaidFox

Awards
It's protein, it's a pretty self explanatory supplemen. who cares what Alex Rodgers thinks, I dont need someone else's opinion on a pretty basic supplement that I already know enough about.
True.... Thanks

ZaidFox

Awards
I think they offer some great proteins, especially if you want something that doesnt have 5 different types of gums and phosphates.
Im actually using their super plasma and miceller casein. oh n u know who else got good protein blends, pro source. cheaper than
what you get at *** and higher quality. great flavors too.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Callejul

Awards
I truly love their company and order from there when I can. Really can't beat the price and quality

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know his ex wife. Think I'm gonna go holla at that ass, next time I'm at the gym. Thanks for the reminder.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Awesome protein no extra crap in them. Bio fresh is my fav.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What about now? Do they meet label claims?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

domore

Awards
Well, I have to say that I just placed an order for their super plasma protein. I'm trying to recreate my own version of ErgoPharm's GF-Pro. Hopefully I don't get burned.

rich craineum

Awards
i know this is and old thread and my first post but i had been buying protein from protein factory for years, great product and never had a problem until one day... it wasnt that big of an issue but i paid extra for two or three day shipping and a week later i still hadnt received product. when i contacted them they said it takes several day to process the order and when it is shipped it would be shipped the two or three day shipping that i paid for. i wasn't happy that they did not have a disclaimer stating the time frame it took them to process this and had hoped maybe i could get a refund on shipping or maybe a discount on my next order and i POLITELY explained that to the owner alex and that i owned a small business and wouldn't conduct myself the way he did. this was his response to me.... "I wouldn’t sell to you if it was a cure to save your life. Keep taking it in the ass from your customers….must be fun.

Sincerely,

Alex Rogers

President
Proteinfactory.com

732.901.9600"

take it how ever you want but i prefer to do my business with a place that has some form of customer support

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
i know this is and old thread and my first post but i had been buying protein from protein factory for years, great product and never had a problem until one day... it wasnt that big of an issue but i paid extra for two or three day shipping and a week later i still hadnt received product. when i contacted them they said it takes several day to process the order and when it is shipped it would be shipped the two or three day shipping that i paid for. i wasn't happy that they did not have a disclaimer stating the time frame it took them to process this and had hoped maybe i could get a refund on shipping or maybe a discount on my next order and i POLITELY explained that to the owner alex and that i owned a small business and wouldn't conduct myself the way he did. this was his response to me.... "I wouldn't sell to you if it was a cure to save your life. Keep taking it in the ass from your customers....must be fun.

Sincerely,

Alex Rogers

President
Proteinfactory.com

732.901.9600"

take it how ever you want but i prefer to do my business with a place that has some form of customer support
I'm so sorry to here this I've gone through this many times with them. My coach made me only use their protein for prep. Well I'm done with them as well.

The good news bud is there are some very quality protein formulas out there. In case you haven't heard yet, USPlabs OxyELITE Protein(TM) should be releasing very soon. It is a very good formula in fact ill be using this in all my preps from now on :). Keep your eyes peeled over the next couple weeks bud.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wonder what happened to Mrs. Ex Protein Factory. Hmmm...

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad this was posted because I was seriously considering ordering from them because they claim to carry the Bovine Plasma Protein.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Never tried Protein Factory, but I use TrueNutrition/TrueProtein. Good quality, ability to customize and good pricing when bought in bulk. I have to pay sales tax though since I'm in the same state as them, but even after factoring in the sales tax, I am getting a good deal for the quality I am getting from them. I'm jealous of those who live out of state since they are exempt from sales tax.

Muscle Feast is also a good place to order from. Good quality products at very good prices.

smutty

smutty

Awards
I order from Protein Factory on a regular basis and have not had any major problems. It does take a couple of days for the orders to get processed but have received all that I have ordered. The main reason I get protein from them is that I don't want any fillers, corn syrup, or artificial sweeteners in my protein. Look at the labels of many of these so called high quality proteins.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Protein Factory' super plasma protein is good stuff. I also like their Unleashed product to free up bound testosterone. I personally have had no issues with them.

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
Protein Factory' super plasma protein is good stuff. I also like their Unleashed product to free up bound testosterone. I personally have had no issues with them.
ive tried unleashed, guess im a non responder. but then again im a non responder to a lot of supps
i dont like protein factorys supplements, but their protein is hands down the best.

only place where you can make your own blend with literally nothing extra added, and no soy!!

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i know this is and old thread and my first post but i had been buying protein from protein factory for years, great product and never had a problem until one day... it wasnt that big of an issue but i paid extra for two or three day shipping and a week later i still hadnt received product. when i contacted them they said it takes several day to process the order and when it is shipped it would be shipped the two or three day shipping that i paid for. i wasn't happy that they did not have a disclaimer stating the time frame it took them to process this and had hoped maybe i could get a refund on shipping or maybe a discount on my next order and i POLITELY explained that to the owner alex and that i owned a small business and wouldn't conduct myself the way he did. this was his response to me.... "I wouldn’t sell to you if it was a cure to save your life. Keep taking it in the ass from your customers….must be fun.

Sincerely,

Alex Rogers

President
Proteinfactory.com

732.901.9600"

I once read a thread by someone who drove to the protein factory address; many of us were speculating where it was because I lived like 45 minutes away, but it would be always 5-7 days before getting my order. to be fair I can be impatient with getting protein on time. anyway, this thread someone posted discussed how he drove there repeated and couldn't find it, until one day he went into the farm/pet supply store that was there instead and behold: in the back was a door that sad "protein factory" on it, covered in cobwebs. apparently the PF runs out of the same building as the family business; the guy took pictures of everything; it was pretty hilarious. the protein was always good though sometimes the labels were wrong

macdady

macdady

Awards
I once read a thread by someone who drove to the protein factory address; many of us were speculating where it was because I lived like 45 minutes away, but it would be always 5-7 days before getting my order. to be fair I can be impatient with getting protein on time. anyway, this thread someone posted discussed how he drove there repeated and couldn't find it, until one day he went into the farm/pet supply store that was there instead and behold: in the back was a door that sad "protein factory" on it, covered in cobwebs. apparently the PF runs out of the same building as the family business; the guy took pictures of everything; it was pretty hilarious. the protein was always good though sometimes the labels were wrong
I'm glad hey never sent me seed instead of protein then haha...but hey who cares where their location is? As long as the product is good right?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad hey never sent me seed instead of protein then haha...but hey who cares where their location is? As long as the product is good right?
Actually you should care, respectfully. I've been doing some work for the food industry and talking with engineers that are involved with whey proteins. The source of the whey protein makes a big difference. It seems WP from china has issues with heavy metals and other contaminants.

Not saying PF is using WP from china but their "unknown" location might be a blending company located in another country. Just a thought.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Actually you should care, respectfully. I've been doing some work for the food industry and talking with engineers that are involved with whey proteins. The source of the whey protein makes a big difference. It seems WP from china has issues with heavy metals and other contaminants.

Not saying PF is using WP from china but their "unknown" location might be a blending company located in another country. Just a thought.

absolutely. yeah, the protein is good. the PF seems to be particular and transparent about the origins of their protein; its not actually made in a factory there; im not even sure if its packaged there. the only reason i still dont get my protein there is because stuff would go out of stock and not come back in when i needed it; i wasnt thrilled at the prospect of going 9 days without protein while the other stock got sold off. they make other stuff besides protein, but they arent interested in fda approval/limitation etc, so you get alot of food supplements (techtanic=spinach powder: 1lb $59.95) instead of extracts

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
heres the guys post; you have to understand the anger at the time some people had; there were all kinds of label disputes that turned into these feuds.

Ok, It's now been confirmed. To finally settle things once and for all, I decided to take a drive out to the legendary Protein Factory in Brick, NJ. Of course, anyone can confirm this for themselves if you happen to live nearby. The address is listed on the website, as well as on the labels on their supplements.

Protein Factory
991 Cedar Bridge Avenue
Brick, NJ 08723

So anyway, I take the long hike out there, not really knowing what to expect, when suddenly, I see it:

There it is, 991 Cedar Bridge Avenue. A massive pet supply and feed store. The store takes up the ENTIRE BUILDING. There are no other stores attached, it is it's own complete store, and it's huge.

So where is Protein Factory I wonder? As I said, the entire building seems to consist of the feed stores: On the left side of the building is “Rogers Wildlife Supplies and Feed”, on the right side is “Rogers Pet Supplies and Feed”. No Protein Factory in sight. I enter the store and am greeted, quite amiably I might add, by Mr. Rogers himself. It's a family owned business, and it seems that Alex's entire family runs the place. I wander through the aisles, and I wince a bit when I see a young kid scooping bird feed into a bucket. I breathe a sigh of relief when there was no protein to be found in the area. So I wander over to the Wildlife Supplies and Feed section, and there it is. In the back of the store, behind what appears to be two sliding glass doors, is a Protein Factory sticker!! There were cobwebs above the door, so it didn't seem to be a useable entrance, but there it was. Could this really be it I wondered? So, I walked outside of the building and went around back. Behind the building on the left side is the loading dock for the pet supplies, and on the right side, directly behind the feed store, and right where the sliding doors were, was a small, computer printed Protein Factory sign.

There you have it. Protein Factory is actually located inside “Rogers Wildlife Supplies and Feed”, not “Rogers Pet Supplies”. I hope that clears things up for everyone!

So anyway, while randomly searching the internet, minding my own business, I happened to find some pictures and video captures of the store. I would like to preface this by saying I did not take these pictures or video, I am not in possession of them, and I am not hosting them. I am simply linking to pictures and video that are publicly accessible on the web I have no idea where they came from. All I can say is that, having been to the store myself, that they do appear to accurately portray what anyone can see if they visit the store for themselves.

Happy New Year Alex

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 23
Supplements 6
Supplements 8
MrBrightside Supplements 0
Supplement Logs 0