Prostate Support Supplement

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What supplements have people used for this?. Will taking these types of supplements while using a "DHT" type ph like androhard cause the androhard to be less effective?. I remember a while back there was some questions on this but it was never clearly answered. I've tried a few Prostate support supplements and some work well and some don't work at all. Just wondering what people have used and what is effective and proven.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Theres a thread where I ask Dinoiii about the role of DHT and the prostate. He basically said that if E2 is under control it probably wont cause any problems but he also cautioned againt the use of DHT supplements. One of the known side effects, asside from prostate issues, is the detrimential effects on the hair line.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Theres a thread where I ask Dinoiii about the role of DHT and the prostate. He basically said that if E2 is under control it probably wont cause any problems but he also cautioned againt the use of DHT supplements. One of the known side effects, asside from prostate issues, is the detrimential effects on the hair line.
If I understand you correctly, the guy said if E2 is under control then you shouldn't have to worry about DHT? If that's what he said, then that is an incorrect statement. DHT is responsible for more prostrate problems than E2. The prostrate has receptors for both DHT and E2 and has a strong affinity to attract both. There are a lot of claims that SP and certain bark from African trees can prevent DHT, along with Rhino horns ground up. Controlling DHT is tricky. But don't think that if E2 is in check that you don't have to worry about DHT. Be afraid, be very afraid.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm wondering though if you can take DHT type pro-hormones and still take prostate supplement without it diminishing the effects of the PH?. Also wondering what are some good prostate support supplements that are proven to work?. The best stuff I have tried was called Prostate Power RX.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering though if you can take DHT type pro-hormones and still take prostate supplement without it diminishing the effects of the PH?. Also wondering what are some good prostate support supplements that are proven to work?. The best stuff I have tried was called Prostate Power RX.
No matter what you take, you're more than likely going to end up with an alpha-1-blocker like Flomax or an alpha-5-reductase inhibitor like Proscar. When you block DHT, you're countering the effects of testosterone. Think of Proscar (or related herbs, like Saw palmetto, pygeum africanum and stinging nettle root extract that inhibit alpha-5-reductase) as a type of "AI" to block testosterone's effects. Is that really what you want? On the other hand, if you opt for an Alpha 1 blocker (as I do) you can have your DHT and relaxed prostrate. There are side effects, but they are rare. That's why I say treating DHT is not easy, like E2 is. If you buy ground up rhino horns from the black market in China, and if ground rhino horns blocked DHT, you're still inhibiting the androgenic effects of testosterone. Vitamin D supposedly helps if the enlargement is due to a predisposition towards cancer. When it's all said and done, you have to make decisions on what you want to block in order to treat DHT related BPH.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
No matter what you take, you're more than likely going to end up with an alpha-1-blocker like Flomax or an alpha-5-reductase inhibitor like Proscar. When you block DHT, you're countering the effects of testosterone. Think of Proscar (or related herbs, like Saw palmetto, pygeum africanum and stinging nettle root extract that inhibit alpha-5-reductase) as a type of "AI" to block testosterone's effects. Is that really what you want? On the other hand, if you opt for an Alpha 1 blocker (as I do) you can have your DHT and relaxed prostrate. There are side effects, but they are rare. That's why I say treating DHT is not easy, like E2 is. If you buy ground up rhino horns from the black market in China, and if ground rhino horns blocked DHT, you're still inhibiting the androgenic effects of testosterone. Vitamin D supposedly helps if the enlargement is due to a predisposition towards cancer. When it's all said and done, you have to make decisions on what you want to block in order to treat DHT related BPH.

So are you suggesting that Flomax is a better option than alpha-5-reductase inhibitors? I'm interested and will look further as I've been looking for a better answer for a while now.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
So are you suggesting that Flomax is a better option than alpha-5-reductase inhibitors? I'm interested and will look further as I've been looking for a better answer for a while now.
Not really. I had a very bad case of prostatitis last August to where they had to insert a catheter tube to drain the urine. I had just come off a very heavy cycle with tren, anadrol and test, totally nearly 2 grams a week. My DHT way high. I talked to quite a few doctors, being honest with my cycle. They suggested cutting way back on the AAS and I was prescribed Flomax. I've been on and off Flomax ever since. I have zero sides and have excellent flow. So for me, I like it and know, for certain, it works to relax my prostrate.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
From what I have read E2 is the primary culprit in prostate cancer. High E2 in and low testosterone cause an inbalance that allows the prostate to grow and eventually become cancerous. As you said the role of DHT is a bit tricky. Here is Dinoiii's respond to my question about the role of DHT and the prostate.

"DHT has been wrongfully accused of being the genesis of all things, prostate and hair related, gone wrong.

I am going to simplify things (hopefully not over-simplify)...

Many things are required for upregulation of DHT receptors - perhaps most important in the aformentioned pathologies is the combined product of IGF-1 and Estradiol (E2) at the level of prostatic and hair follicular membranes. Low levels of IGF-1 or E2, low DHT receptor concentration, little effect.

Feed the system DHT (either exogenously or through the amplification pathway), you will get downregulation of said receptors. Come at it from the opposite direction and, like virtually everything else in endocrinology and metabolism, and you get a sort-of negative feedback (the same thing happens with androgens, though the theories have been heatedly contested).

What we do know is that emphasis has since shifted in prostate/follicular therapeutics with greater success with the use of Aromatase Inhibitors (Letrozole) than 5-Alpha Reductase Inhibitors (Fina, Saw Palmetto). Both items will help, however, attacking estrogen is continually more effective or more complete than with blockade of DHT."

D_

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
From what I have read E2 is the primary culprit in prostate cancer. High E2 in and low testosterone cause an inbalance that allows the prostate to grow and eventually become cancerous. As you said the role of DHT is a bit tricky. Here is Dinoiii's respond to my question about the role of DHT and the prostate.

"DHT has been wrongfully accused of being the genesis of all things, prostate and hair related, gone wrong.

I am going to simplify things (hopefully not over-simplify)...

Many things are required for upregulation of DHT receptors - perhaps most important in the aformentioned pathologies is the combined product of IGF-1 and Estradiol (E2) at the level of prostatic and hair follicular membranes. Low levels of IGF-1 or E2, low DHT receptor concentration, little effect.

Feed the system DHT (either exogenously or through the amplification pathway), you will get downregulation of said receptors. Come at it from the opposite direction and, like virtually everything else in endocrinology and metabolism, and you get a sort-of negative feedback (the same thing happens with androgens, though the theories have been heatedly contested).

What we do know is that emphasis has since shifted in prostate/follicular therapeutics with greater success with the use of Aromatase Inhibitors (Letrozole) than 5-Alpha Reductase Inhibitors (Fina, Saw Palmetto). Both items will help, however, attacking estrogen is continually more effective or more complete than with blockade of DHT."D_
As it relates to cancer, I agree 100%. DHT will cause an enlarged prostrate but will not increase your cancer risk one iota. E2 is the bane of cancer.
What your citation confirms to me is that no one really understands the prostrate, at least compared to the way we understand breast cancer in women. I am not trying to suggest I know everything, or anything, about the prostrate except from the studies I've read, the doctors I've talked to and my own blood panel. My E2 was not elevated when I had prostatitis, but my DHT was over the top. I don't know who Dinoiii is, but I'd like to see more of his research. And believe me, I really wish all it took was Aromasin to control my prostrate. Life would be so much easier.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Dinoiii = Dr. Dana Houser. If you look in the supplement section of this forum he has his own question and answer section. The dude knows his stuff.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Divanil block the binding of DHT at the scalp and prostate i read this long time ago.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Divanil block the binding of DHT at the scalp and prostate i read this long time ago.
I know that whole nettle extract produces this effect, but I can't find anything that suggests that divanil (the 95% extract) replicates it... except for DS reps who were quoting the studies on whole nettle. I'd sure like to know if it does though.

jameshodge

Awards
If your looking for natural nutritional supplements for your prostate problems. I have been taking Super beta prostate for the last year and I have to say it. My prostate is as good as new. The results were seen unbelievably quick and no side effects. I ofcourse, consulted my doctor before taking it and read a few Super beta prostate supplements reviews, all were positive. An added bonus was that my libido kind of increased (if you know what i mean). you should definately think about it, The nutrients and vitamins present in it promote healthy prostates and the results show and are felt very quickly. Consult your doctor about it.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
If your looking for natural nutritional supplements for your prostate problems. I have been taking Super beta prostate for the last year and I have to say it. My prostate is as good as new. The results were seen unbelievably quick and no side effects. I ofcourse, consulted my doctor before taking it and read a few Super beta prostate supplements reviews, all were positive. An added bonus was that my libido kind of increased (if you know what i mean). you should definately think about it, The nutrients and vitamins present in it promote healthy prostates and the results show and are felt very quickly. Consult your doctor about it.
I've use Super beta prostate and many others none of them did a thing for me.