Programing with limited amount of equipment

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Due to financial issues I have had to drop my gym membership and now must workout from home. My next issue comes in the lack of equipment I have. I am hoping the knowledgeable minds here can help me figure out a good routine with what little I have. First my goals so you can better assist me in planning.
Goals:
Functional strength. I don't play any sports or compete in powerlifting. I just want to be strong tomake life easier and more enjoyable.

Equipment I own:
Gymnastics rings
Pull-up bar
Olympic barbell and weights
Pair of 35lb dumbbells

I do not have any rack, squat stands, or bench though.

I really like body weight exercises and want to include as many of those into the routine as I can.

I appreciate any advice, ideas, or comments!
I will rep any one who replies.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
craigslist empty and cheap power rack for your barbell and weights. duhn

or check amazon warehouse. they sell all sorts of used stuff for cheap

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
craigslist empty and cheap power rack for your barbell and weights. duhn
Yea, I have been checking craigslist daily for the last couple weeks. Nothing within 2 houras of me... I'll keep watching though.

Reps guys!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Investing in some bands and an adjustable bench should help add a bit of variety life, pushing over or cutting down a tree adds a good cardio option as well as strengthening tool. If you have a county dump and a truck you could even get a huge tire for the place. Yea im cheap lol

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See below in red:
Due to financial issues I have had to drop my gym membership and now must workout from home. My next issue comes in the lack of equipment I have. I am hoping the knowledgeable minds here can help me figure out a good routine with what little I have. First my goals so you can better assist me in planning.
Goals:
Functional strength. I don't play any sports or compete in powerlifting. I just want to be strong tomake life easier and more enjoyable.

Equipment I own: Find as many crates you can. Use a couple and lay a sheet of plywood on it to create a bench. Create two columns by stacking a couple/few as high as you need and bind them with whatever method or means you have available. Now you have bench and rack for presses and squats. You are good to go.

Gymnastics rings: dips
Pull-up bar: pull-ups & chin-ups (pronate & supinate).
Olympic barbell and weights: standing press, bent rows (pronate & supinate), bb-curls, upright rows, deads, seated press, skull crushers, rear dips, elevated feet push-ups
Pair of 35lb dumbbells

I do not have any rack, squat stands, or bench though.

I really like body weight exercises and want to include as many of those into the routine as I can.

I appreciate any advice, ideas, or comments!
I will rep any one who replies.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, free weights, a safety rack of some kind and possibly a bench, are all you pretty much "ever" need to get massively strong or stay in great shape.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got my squat rack off craigslist abd I have seen several others for sale on there so keep looking.

Anither alternative is to make a pair of squat stands yourself. There are a couple different DIYs on the web for this

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
There are plenty of workouts you can do and plenty of growth to achieve without buying anything

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Thanks for all of the replies guys! Lots of good info. Reps to all of you!

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Gymnastics rings
Pull-up bar
Olympic barbell and weights
Pair of 35lb dumbbells

Things I would do

Rings (if height is adjustable): Pullups, Pushups, Dips, Stomach
Pull-up bar: Same as above... The rings would be harder and require more stabilization.

Barbell: Rows, Curls, Deadlifts, Cleans, Front Squats, Shoulder press

Dumbbells, Flyes, curls, front raises, side raises, muscle ups,