Prime Review

T

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
:woohoo:

I've used Prime for a total of 31 days from an early test the day before I started the Prime to set a baseline. I was most interest in strength gains. The baseline was set by how much weight I could do for 5 reps in the flat bench press. I also, more informally, kept track of progress in several other areas.

I used Prime at 6 per day, 7 days per week (with a few missed doses on nonworkout days, but I took at least 4 caps on even those days), and it was the only new supplement introduced, but I did use ZMA, formestane (E-form at just 3 squirts a day), and CEE. I also jumped my protein levels from about 170-180 grams a day to over 300 grams per day, and I started this almost a week before starting taking Prime. Also one week before taking Prime I altered my workout routine from 8-12 reps to a 5x5 structure ( 5 reps x 5 sets) with the usual upgrade in intensity that goes with such a structure.

The day before I started taking Prime I psyched myself up to test flat bench presses. I also did several other exercises, yet I was completely fresh for the benchs and not as much for the other things. I had done a couple of 5x5 wokouts with the bench press in the previous few days, but had only moderately increased my intesity levels. During the baseline test, I think I really came very close to the best I could muster for 5 reps at that point. I tried 235 pounds for 5 reps, as that is what I figured I was capable of and I did it with the 5th rep seeming difficult. So I decided to psych myself up further and got some adrenal flow going, and gripping the bar really hard I managed to crank out 240 pounds for 5 reps... just making it with nothing left. I next attempted 5 reps with 245, in fact, I could only do 3 reps each on two separate trials. So I had established my baseline at 240 pounds for 5 reps, I didn't establish a base for my single rep max, but I did test it at th 31 day mark.

Prime worked for me, and extremely well. On the 31st day I did 285 pounds for a set of 5, and I did 320 pounds for one rep.

I noticed the PRs starting to happen on the 6th day of use, and the biggest gains came between the 6th and the 23rd days. I'd gained 35 pounds in my 5 rep max in those 17 days, and another 10 pounds in the last 8 days. I attribute a minimum of 20, and more likely 25 pounds of that gain to Prime. And, in a sense, all of the 45 pounds of the gain can be attibuted to Prime because it allowed me to psych myself up and do those intense 5x5 workouts. I had been working with weights for 3 1/2 years nonstop prior to this last month so these were not gains made after time off.

Oh yeah, I did find that with Prime I could often do more than I felt i could do, and even though a rep felt hard, I not only could finsh that one, but could crank out one more.

I'll continue to take Prime through 34 days and will quit at after that time. On the 35 day I may or may not test myself one last time to try for 290 pounds for 5 reps and 325 pounds for a single rep -- it depends on how I feel. I've decided to stop using Prime after the 34th day as I'm noticing lots of tension and stress after these 5x5 workouts that hangs on for some hours afterwords. This started about 3 weeks into this program, and is taking a lot of the fun out of these gains.

I still have 30-31 days of left of Prime as I bought 3 bottles, which were supplied with 8 extra caps. So, in around 3-4 months I'll go at this again.

Great product, thanks you guys.

W

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Nice review, I'm going to be giving Prime a try early next year so looking forward to the strength gains and to see how Prime works out for me.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:woohoo:

I've used Prime for a total of 31 days from an early test the day before I started the Prime to set a baseline. I was most interest in strength gains. The baseline was set by how much weight I could do for 5 reps in the flat bench press. I also, more informally, kept track of progress in several other areas.

I used Prime at 6 per day, 7 days per week (with a few missed doses on nonworkout days, but I took at least 4 caps on even those days), and it was the only new supplement introduced, but I did use ZMA, formestane (E-form at just 3 squirts a day), and CEE. I also jumped my protein levels from about 170-180 grams a day to over 300 grams per day, and I started this almost a week before starting taking Prime. Also one week before taking Prime I altered my workout routine from 8-12 reps to a 5x5 structure ( 5 reps x 5 sets) with the usual upgrade in intensity that goes with such a structure.

The day before I started taking Prime I psyched myself up to test flat bench presses. I also did several other exercises, yet I was completely fresh for the benchs and not as much for the other things. I had done a couple of 5x5 wokouts with the bench press in the previous few days, but had only moderately increased my intesity levels. During the baseline test, I think I really came very close to the best I could muster for 5 reps at that point. I tried 235 pounds for 5 reps, as that is what I figured I was capable of and I did it with the 5th rep seeming difficult. So I decided to psych myself up further and got some adrenal flow going, and gripping the bar really hard I managed to crank out 240 pounds for 5 reps... just making it with nothing left. I next attempted 5 reps with 245, in fact, I could only do 3 reps each on two separate trials. So I had established my baseline at 240 pounds for 5 reps, I didn't establish a base for my single rep max, but I did test it at th 31 day mark.

Prime worked for me, and extremely well. On the 31st day I did 285 pounds for a set of 5, and I did 320 pounds for one rep.

I noticed the PRs starting to happen on the 6th day of use, and the biggest gains came between the 6th and the 23rd days. I'd gained 35 pounds in my 5 rep max in those 17 days, and another 10 pounds in the last 8 days. I attribute a minimum of 20, and more likely 25 pounds of that gain to Prime. And, in a sense, all of the 45 pounds of the gain can be attibuted to Prime because it allowed me to psych myself up and do those intense 5x5 workouts. I had been working with weights for 3 1/2 years nonstop prior to this last month so these were not gains made after time off.

Oh yeah, I did find that with Prime I could often do more than I felt i could do, and even though a rep felt hard, I not only could finsh that one, but could crank out one more.

I'll continue to take Prime through 34 days and will quit at after that time. On the 35 day I may or may not test myself one last time to try for 290 pounds for 5 reps and 325 pounds for a single rep -- it depends on how I feel. I've decided to stop using Prime after the 34th day as I'm noticing lots of tension and stress after these 5x5 workouts that hangs on for some hours afterwords. This started about 3 weeks into this program, and is taking a lot of the fun out of these gains.

I still have 30-31 days of left of Prime as I bought 3 bottles, which were supplied with 8 extra caps. So, in around 3-4 months I'll go at this again.

Great product, thanks you guys.
Thank you for the awesome feedback! :cheers:

T

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the awesome feedback! :cheers:

:drunk:

Thanks warsteiner and strategic,

Yesterday I decided to do a final test on my flat bench press. I had reached 35 days, so one last trial. I wanted to have fun with this effort.

This time I got together several people at my workout place to watch. Up until this time in the last 5 weeks, I had worked out around 9:30 AM when hardly anybody was around, and no one really had observed my progress. But yesterday I arrived around 7:15 AM as the place is about half full at that time. In the recent past a couple of these guys had seen me workout doing the bench press using 175 pounds or so, never more than 185 pounds. And I did my warmup set before asking them over.

I quickly piled on 320 pounds, what I did on day 31, and I got some dubious looks from the group, and one said, "You're going to try that?"

I answered with my best Yoda, "Try not, just do." And I did it. The weight felt easier then 4 days earlier. So, I took off the 2 1/2 pound plates and replaced them with 5 pounders, moving it up to 325 pounds, and then I did that. But it was very hard, and I decided to stop the single rep test and try something multiple reps. I set it on 295 with an all out effort to do 5 reps. And I didn't make it up on the 5th rep, needing spotter help.

I heard a number of comments like, "I didn't know you could do that." One guy actually stated that he was "amazed" about 3-4 times.

As for the Prime 50 pounds in 5 weeks.... very impressed. I also improved 40 pounds in the shoulder press (but I used the Smith machine for my shoulder presses). The bench press was free weight.

:bruce1:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:drunk:

Thanks warsteiner and strategic,

Yesterday I decided to do a final test on my flat bench press. I had reached 35 days, so one last trial. I wanted to have fun with this effort.

This time I got together several people at my workout place to watch. Up until this time in the last 5 weeks, I had worked out around 9:30 AM when hardly anybody was around, and no one really had observed my progress. But yesterday I arrived around 7:15 AM as the place is about half full at that time. In the recent past a couple of these guys had seen me workout doing the bench press using 175 pounds or so, never more than 185 pounds. And I did my warmup set before asking them over.

I quickly piled on 320 pounds, what I did on day 31, and I got some dubious looks from the group, and one said, "You're going to try that?"

I answered with my best Yoda, "Try not, just do." And I did it. The weight felt easier then 4 days earlier. So, I took off the 2 1/2 pound plates and replaced them with 5 pounders, moving it up to 325 pounds, and then I did that. But it was very hard, and I decided to stop the single rep test and try something multiple reps. I set it on 295 with an all out effort to do 5 reps. And I didn't make it up on the 5th rep, needing spotter help.

I heard a number of comments like, "I didn't know you could do that." One guy actually stated that he was "amazed" about 3-4 times.

As for the Prime 50 pounds in 5 weeks.... very impressed. I also improved 40 pounds in the shoulder press (but I used the Smith machine for my shoulder presses). The bench press was free weight.

:bruce1:
I should thank you for the detailed feedback. Let us know how things unfold, and do not hesitate to establish contact, should you wish to clarify anything. :cheers:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Quite good feedback.

Last edited:
flu1d

flu1d

Awards
Thank you for posting your feedback, very interesting reading. Most of what I've read has been about size, so nice to read about the strength aspects.

May I ask what size gains you had? If any? Or of any recomp type affects?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting feedback! It would seem par for the course!

T

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for posting your feedback, very interesting reading. Most of what I've read has been about size, so nice to read about the strength aspects.

May I ask what size gains you had? If any? Or of any recomp type affects?
Fluid,

Good question: I meant to get back to you sooner, but working long hours.

Most of my focus was on strength gains to the point that I cut isolation exercises out entirely during the 5 weeks, and I cut back my cardio from 5 days a week to just 2 days per.

I weighed myself about 8 days out from my Prime usage as the next day I started taking cee. My weight was 235.8 pounds. My weight at the end of the 35 days of Prime use was 251 pounds even. This was 6 weeks and a day after my initial weigh in. But no, I didn't gain 15 pounds of muscle. Cee historically causes me to put on around 4 pounds of water, and I got somewhat loose on my diet half way through. I started buying ground chuck when I couldn't find the 95% lean stuff, and began eating carbs with most meals instead of just the first 2 meals of the day.

I've put 3/8 of an inch on my waistline, not terrible, but not good either. I believe I've added about 3 pounds of fat, and that leaves an 8 pound muscle gain.

My arms are a little bigger. All the gains are from the triceps area as I did no curls or bicep exercises other than various rowing exercise, and rowing exercises don't increase my biceps much in size. The thickness gains in my chest muscle is substantial. And my upper back is much bigger too.

I also took cissus and forskolin (or bolic as jakellpet calls it) during the cycle, but had been taking them for quite a while before. I started the cee 7-8 days before starting Prime as I didn't want to do without creatine in a strength gaining cycle, but I wanted the initial gain that creatine allows already accounted for when I did my baseline test.

In hindsight, I did what I set out to do, but in the future I'll take it s-l-o-w-e-r and easier. I'll do 5x5 sets, yet I'll do it with a weight I'm capable of doing 6 reps with, leaving one "in the bank." And I won't attempt PRs every workout. I put up with a lot of CNS tension and stress the last two weeks of this, and would rather not go through that again. Nasty feelings.

If I do it right the next time I think it may be possible to go up to 10 weeks of steady gains.

:thumbsup:

T

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Interesting feedback! It would seem par for the course!
Ubiquitous and Mullet,

Thanks for your comments.

After doing a cut for 3 months, I'll try this again with a more moderate and long term approach.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Great review!!! 50 pounds,... awesome!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My first experience with Prime was with my son while I was training him, I knew what to expect as I have been training him since he was 14 so I had my baseline.

It didn't take long for me to see that his strength was increasing at an abnormal rate and I had never seen him with such a positive work ethic. He put 40 lbs on his bench for 5 reps and 40 on squats. He would have doubled that on squats but ran into some back issues.

I tried Prime myself and I have also responded very positively. I am currently rehabbing a shoulder so my core lifts have not been there to be tested but some of my isolated lifts have improved as much as 40 lbs (reverse grip bent over rows) and 20 lbs on straight bar preachers. The gains have been steady accross the board. More importantly my recomp has been very good and I've dropped around 6 lbs of fat and am only a pound or 2 lighter. I feel like a stone 24-7 and love this product. I have a log the details my results and impressions if you look in my sig.

I have also given two bottles to my ex partner/trainer/world class bodybuilder. His results are of a similar nature and he is buying more, he says he will not come off of it if he doesn't have to.