Preparing a week's worth of food in one sitting

Illumi

Awards
For me- getting enough calories during the day is the hardest part.

I've been thinking about creating a proper food system to ensure I get enough food per day. Instead of cooking a meal each time, I'm planning on making a whole week's worth of food in one sitting. I don't mind eating the exact same meal(s) at the exact same time everyday- I prefer routine, so long I don't have to spend any energy figuring out what to eat.

Wanted to know if anybody here is doing this with success. My question is- what kind of meals are you 'mass' prepping? Could you share any meal ideas with me?

Any insight or advice would be appreciated!

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Almost everyone that takes bbing seriously food preps. You don't necessarily have to make all the same meal constantly either. You can also use the search bar on this site and find tons of info in the nutrition section!

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
basic breakfast
4-6 egg whites with 2 whole eggs
1 serving Cream of Wheat cereal
1 banana
525 calories, 38 g protein, 59 g carbs, 15 g fat

lunch
6-9 oz. extra-lean ground beef
2 cups pasta
3/4 cup broccoll
700 calories, 60 g protein, 83 g carbs, 13 g fat

snack examples
pre-workout 1 hr
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
4 slices rye toast with 2 Tbsp. grape jam
532 calories, 35 g protein, 89 g carbs, 4 g fat

postworkout
Whey-protein shake (two scoops mixed with water)
1 cup rlce with 4 Tbsp. raisins
549 calories, 45 g protein, 91 g carbs, 2 g fat

2 slices whole-grain bread
2-3 slices fat-free cheese
3-4 slices deli turkey breast
Mustard and fat-free mayo
316 calories, 36 g protein, 34 g carbs, 4 g fat

basic dinner
1 chicken breast (7-9 oz.)
1 yam
1 cup peas, corn and carrots
603 calories, 69 g protein, 61 g carbs, 7 g fat

toss in some gainer shakes at night with pb/ice cream/ fruit and you're set

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
need more protein and cals add in glasses of whole milk son!

Methylated88

Awards
Maltodextrin is your friend lol. I use 67 g of it for post workout shakes. Two scoops of whey with two cups of vitamin d milk makes for like 60 some odd grams protein, and over 800 calories. That is one meal lol. Its easy if you write it all out. My problem is getting LESS macros, minus protein.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maltodextrin is your friend lol. I use 67 g of it for post workout shakes. Two scoops of whey with two cups of vitamin d milk makes for like 60 some odd grams protein, and over 800 calories. That is one meal lol. Its easy if you write it all out. My problem is getting LESS macros, minus protein.
Is there a reason why you use maltodextrin? Is it to help restore glycogen stores?

Methylated88

Awards
Is there a reason why you use maltodextrin? Is it to help restore glycogen stores?
Yes sir. And only during my post workouts. So 67g daily. My protein powder is basically carbless so I need something to restore my tanks.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You do realize that your money will probably be better spent elsewhere. You're using something with no micros in it and unless you're an endurance athlete and doing such training, your glycogen stores will not be depleted to the point where such a supplement is needed.

Methylated88

Awards
Got it for super cheap and it has lasted me 6 months already. Sooo, I dont consider a waste. And yes, obviously it hasn't any micros. But that is why I got it. It simply serves one purpose and has done it well. I get my micros elsewhere. Not to mention my vitamin/amino stack.

Methylated88

Awards
Oh and did I mention I do cardio several times a week ha

Methylated88

Awards
I know right!? Ive followed it to a t before and was great. Super easy and cheap. Although im yet to find those tasty cakes he had.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
I know right!? Ive followed it to a t before and was great. Super easy and cheap. Although im yet to find those tasty cakes he had.
I will defiantly be using this! thanks a lot and the krumpets? are amazing lol