Pregnenolone & DHEA, The trans-dermal solution from "Iconic Formulations"

Newth

Awards
Apparently age has to be considered too. For older natties, it could be beneficial, as DHEA declines with age. If you also supplement Resveratrol, go for Dermacrine, it supposedly has all 3 ingredients. When Dermacrine still was a product of BP, I liked it a lot as a "test base". Good to see its production continued by "Iconic Formulations", it was the former flagship of BP.
Cheers mate.
At 43 I figured this was worth a try before I try a self trt.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday was back day, didn't felt as motivated -BUT:

I was doing weighted pull ups, shooting for singles with max weight.
BW 210lbs
+90lbs x3/3 drop +45lbs x7 drop BW x7

That was unexpected. Triples instead of singles. If that was due to the Pregnenolone/DHEA combo , I might buy a gallon of each. :)

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Anything to note with libido? I started the combo about 3 weeks ago at 0.5mL of each per day. I'm 35 and have been on TRT for about 6 years with a urologist. Started on clomid to maintain fertility but switched to Testopel about two years ago when my wife and I were done having kids. He's not a fan of injections. I mainly started the P5/DHEA combo to help with adrenal fatigue. It gave me a nice kick but after 2 weeks I started getting bloated. I do have aromisin on hand but didn't want to start taking any without blood work. I cut back on the DHEA which seemed to help but kept the preg at 0.5mL/day. A few days ago my libido just tanked and hasn't recovered.

I'll stress that I have not gotten any blood work done right before or since starting, so I am only speculating as to what may be causing it. I'm in no way blaming to P5 and/or DHEA. Just curious as to your experience thus far?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything to note with libido? I started the combo about 3 weeks ago at 0.5mL of each per day. I'm 35 and have been on TRT for about 6 years with a urologist. Started on clomid to maintain fertility but switched to Testopel about two years ago when my wife and I were done having kids. He's not a fan of injections. I mainly started the P5/DHEA combo to help with adrenal fatigue. It gave me a nice kick but after 2 weeks I started getting bloated. I do have aromisin on hand but didn't want to start taking any without blood work. I cut back on the DHEA which seemed to help but kept the preg at 0.5mL/day. A few days ago my libido just tanked and hasn't recovered.

I'll stress that I have not gotten any blood work done right before or since starting, so I am only speculating as to what may be causing it. I'm in no way blaming to P5 and/or DHEA. Just curious as to your experience thus far?
The same thing happened to me I had to drop the dhea bc of estro problems. Using the P5 at .25 to .3 ml every day is my sweet spot and seems to have done the trick along with a little AI. We are all different but this was my experience with the DHEA initially giving a nice kick but then giving me more sides than anything else. I believe the pregnenolone is something that needs to be supplemented regularly. I think your estro is prob a little high id hit the ai and see how you feel.

Hope this helps at least this is my experience

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The same thing happened to me I had to drop the dhea bc of estro problems. Using the P5 at .25 to .3 ml every day is my sweet spot and seems to have done the trick along with a little AI. We are all different but this was my experience with the DHEA initially giving a nice kick but then giving me more sides than anything else. I believe the pregnenolone is something that needs to be supplemented regularly. I think your estro is prob a little high id hit the ai and see how you feel.

have you tried dermacrine?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
have you tried dermacrine?
Yeah I have some of that also... Thats what I was using at first w the p5. The ai in that isnt strong enough. I dropped the dermacrine and continued the p5 and had to use a pharma ai to get my estro down.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I have some of that also... Thats what I was using at first w the p5. The ai in that isnt strong enough. I dropped the dermacrine and continued the p5 and had to use a pharma ai to get my estro down.

not going to question that....your reaction is your own and everyone reacts differently...glad you got it figured out..

btw-didn't I pick you for a log of virtus?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not going to question that....your reaction is your own and everyone reacts differently...glad you got it figured out..

btw-didn't I pick you for a log of virtus?
Yes sir you did... And though it was delayed it did land today so I'm looking forward to getting that log up and using it in place of pharma Ai and see how well it works :)

It's worth noting I'm also on self-administered trt

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes sir you did... And though it was delayed it did land today so I'm looking forward to getting that log up and using it in place of pharma Ai and see how well it works :)

It's worth noting I'm also on self-administered trt
glad I picked you, it will be an honest review of virtus-exactly what I was looking for!!!

yes, being on trt is worth noting...I am not on prescribed AI but I do like to run one every other month just to keep estrogen from trt in check...since the return of virtus it is my go-to.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had a very quick look at preg and dhea the other day but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Do either suppress anything or not in someone natural?
I got three lots of bloods done before neuro stack, 2 months in at 1 serve per day, then again after a month at 0.5 serve per day. It did not have any significant effect on my test.

justadude

Awards
back when they had the deal going on i ran a bottle of each. one dose each morning of .5 mil. Maybe its just me but didnt feel or notice anything good or bad from it. i wasnt on anything else at the time other than a pre work out and protien. I'm also older at 51.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The number 1 effect I get from dhea is a massive reduction of chronic inflammation in my knees, hands and lower bsck.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The number 1 effect I get from dhea is a massive reduction of chronic inflammation in my knees, hands and lower bsck.
That sounds like a good thing!!

Newth

Awards
Damn i hate only getting so little time to search thing's here.. hairygrandpa ... I got a bunch of sh!t going on...I'm, interested in any help....old age is creeping up in more way's than one.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if I were you I would stock up!!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

No signs of libido improvement yet -but I'm also on a mini-blast (test/trest/epistane) , if libido is affected, its probably because of trest.
No idea how it affects my estrogen either, as I'm on 0.5mg adex eod anyway.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My knees are better -but I thought the switch from squats to hack squats did the trick. Interesting!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn i hate only getting so little time to search thing's here.. hairygrandpa ... I got a bunch of sh!t going on...I'm, interested in any help....old age is creeping up in more way's than one.
My tips to get young again:
-First: drop the crystal meth
-Second: grow a beard to disguise double chin

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My tips to get young again:
-First: drop the crystal meth
-Second: grow a beard to disguise double chin
Why drop the meth? Doesn't that have youth holding properties?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why drop the meth? Doesn't that have youth holding properties?
A lot of people **** on meth. However, real(pharmaceutical) meth at medical doses is an amazing drug. Virtual zero side effects. Hell it even has neuroprotective properties (at low doses).

Newth

Awards
A lot of people **** on meth. However, real(pharmaceutical) meth at medical doses is an amazing drug. Virtual zero side effects. Hell it even has neuroprotective properties (at low doses).
Listen to the old stories from our Grandparents.
Young people have no drive these days...we just used to pop pep pills and go all day long lol.

Newth

Awards
Listen to the old stories from our Grandparents.

They would say young people have no drive these days...we just used to pop pep pills and go all day long lol.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taking off until Tuesday (last gym was Friday). Some doms in arms and chest, waiting until properly rested.
I figured I need at least 72 hours rest for a muscle group, with -or without roids. Old man is no racing car.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Taking off until Tuesday (last gym was Friday). Some doms in arms and chest, waiting until properly rested.
I figured I need at least 72 hours rest for a muscle group, with -or without roids. Old man is no racing car.
Come on HGP your a Dacia with a BMW engine. What are you talking about

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Come on HGP your a Dacia with a BMW engine. What are you talking about
Took me at least 8 month to figure it out. I have my best progress when going LESS frequent to the gym. Three days a week + 1 day for rehab workouts gives me the best results. Each workout day is one hour. I was doing full body 5 times a week and all progress stalled -or even lost strength on it.
Rest does the magic here, I'm 100% sure (assuming that your workout is truly full power max effort).

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This sucks. Work is crushing me. That and I am trying to get up early and change my schedule. I got up at 5 this morning and ran 3 miles on the treadmill. There are two things I hate in life - getting up early and running. So it was all uphill from there.

I have no time for chatting though and I can't even catch up on this thread! All I know is I could use some meth!

That came out as poor me...its not. I just miss you guys.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Took me at least 8 month to figure it out. I have my best progress when going LESS frequent to the gym. Three days a week + 1 day for rehab workouts gives me the best results. Each workout day is one hour. I was doing full body 5 times a week and all progress stalled -or even lost strength on it.
Rest does the magic here, I'm 100% sure (assuming that your workout is truly full power max effort).
I have been telling you this for how many years now?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This sucks. Work is crushing me. That and I am trying to get up early and change my schedule. I got up at 5 this morning and ran 3 miles on the treadmill. There are two things I hate in life - getting up early and running. So it was all uphill from there.

I have no time for chatting though and I can't even catch up on this thread! All I know is I could use some meth!

That came out as poor me...its not. I just miss you guys.
We miss your lunatic dieting approaches, we all learned from it. Well, since you're a "normal couch guy" again, all the action is gone.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We miss your lunatic dieting approaches, we all learned from it. Well, since you're a "normal couch guy" again, all the action is gone.
I just said I woke up and ran!! Isnt that lunacy? I mean it was 5 AM!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah. Sounds like benign prostate hyperplasia, all we old dudes have that.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get up and pee at 5 am. Does that count
Lmao...I sleep standing up when I wake up to pee!

Nah. Sounds like benign prostate hyperplasia, all we old dudes have that.
Lmao, that may explain it too! If I bend over will you check for me?

Also...It just occurred to me, you said my dieting taught you a lot? You didn't already realize that eating 600 calories a day would cause you to lose weight?

Newth

Awards
Nice analogy dude. I have a Clubsport(like a road car that can play on the track) but the number one thing it needs to race is back support lol.
5 full body days a week. Rest up mate, we all need it.

Newth

Awards
Lunacy, lucidity...much of a muchness. Sometimes a little crazy helps.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If it weren't for crazy, I would have nothing!

0-330 mph in a little over 3 seconds !!!

Did I mention the Dude that drives this car is over 80 years old !!
Yeah, and the race is over in under a minute. Sounds about right for an old man.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
get off the darned treadmill and get outdoors!!!

here where I am it's very peaceful in early mornings, great for a run.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
get off the darned treadmill and get outdoors!!!

here where I am it's very peaceful in early mornings, great for a run.
There are two things I hate in life. Waking up and running. At least with the treadmill, no matter how far I run, I don't have to run back home too.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There are two things I hate in life. Waking up and running. At least with the treadmill, no matter how far I run, I don't have to run back home too.
touche

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don’t we all.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 8

Still feeling a light energy boost an hour - or two after application, that seems to hold for the whole day. Sleep is definitively enhanced. Preg + DHEA counteracts the slight insomnia from Trestolone. Currently going through a stressful chain of events, hopefully "Neuro P5" and "Neuro DHEA" does something to help to keep my sanity.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 8

Still feeling a light energy boost an hour - or two after application, that seems to hold for the whole day. Sleep is definitively enhanced. Preg + DHEA counteracts the slight insomnia from Trestolone. Currently going through a stressful chain of events, hopefully "Neuro P5" and "Neuro DHEA" does something to help to keep my sanity.
Fingers crossed for you bro.

My go to for stress and sleep issues is an Epsom salt bath - find it benefits me mentally as much as physical.....

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fingers crossed for you bro.

My go to for stress and sleep issues is an Epsom salt bath - find it benefits me mentally as much as physical.....
My go to used to be Jim Beam.... Since I have to work it out, this option is not available. :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My go to used to be Jim Beam.... Since I have to work it out, this option is not available. :)
Haha, I’ll let you into a secret, I haven’t always been a kale loving, Epsom bath soaking, classical music listening, go to bed early kinda guy myself......

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, I’ll let you into a secret, I haven’t always been a kale loving, Epsom bath soaking, classical music listening, go to bed early kinda guy myself......
I think a lot of us AM members have a "history". All the bad things I did in excess in the past are now substituted by excessively training. One addiction just changed to another. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think a lot of us AM members have a "history". All the bad things I did in excess in the past are now substituted by excessively training. One addiction just changed to another. :)

one hellava good choice, brother...as we used to say back in the day...F'ing A, man.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
100% agree, i think people like us have to do anything we do to it’s max - when I was drinking I was the best alcoholic I could be - now I’m into my health and fitness I’ll be the best I can be in that regard......

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
100% agree, i think people like us have to do anything we do to it’s max - when I was drinking I was the best alcoholic I could be - now I’m into my health and fitness I’ll be the best I can be in that regard......