hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
100% agree, i think people like us have to do anything we do to it’s max - when I was drinking I was the best alcoholic I could be - now I’m into my health and fitness I’ll be the best I can be in that regard......
100% agree, i think people like us have to do anything we do to it’s max - when I was drinking I was the best alcoholic I could be - now I’m into my health and fitness I’ll be the best I can be in that regard......
I can see how dedicated you are, even posting on AM -you do it twice! :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any sign of boobs?
What boobs? Me? Nah. I wouldn't notice as I'm using adex on my mini-blast.
But.... holding a bit of water, could be the trestolone though.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Short update:

Still using both products. Sleep and mood are improved. Since I'm 18 yo, I have seborrheic dermatitis. Noted outbreaks due to upped sebum production. Facial skin is more oily. Could be related to DHEA/Pregnenolone -but is something others may not have to worry about.Using my home remedies for my condition, all under control.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Short update:

Still using both products. Sleep and mood are improved. Since I'm 18 yo, I have seborrheic dermatitis. Noted outbreaks due to upped sebum production. Facial skin is more oily. Could be related to DHEA/Pregnenolone -but is something others may not have to worry about.Using my home remedies for my condition, all under control.
I think you have a remedy for everything !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you have a remedy for everything !!
I really do have a remedy for almost everything. Here in bananaland most people die in hospitals. If you want to survive, you better know how to cure yourself.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really do have a remedy for almost everything. Here in bananaland most people die in hospitals. If you want to survive, you better know how to cure yourself.
That's true in any country actually, because it's were the most sick people go. So they die there as they are already on there death bed. I'm sure Paraguay has some good doctors, who went to the USA for med school and everything, but I'm sure it only a few and the rest probably do suck dick.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's true in any country actually, because it's were the most sick people go. So they die there as they are already on there death bed. I'm sure Paraguay has some good doctors, who went to the USA for med school and everything, but I'm sure it only a few and the rest probably do suck dick.
All suck d1ck. Prescribing you antibiotics for the common cold (a school kid knows that antibiotics aren't working for virus infections) and quickly decide to cut you open for profit. All are either idiots -or puppets of big pharma. Nothing left of the ethical doctor, who chose his profession for noble reasons and out of curiosity.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All suck d1ck. Prescribing you antibiotics for the common cold (a school kid knows that antibiotics aren't working for virus infections) and quickly decide to cut you open for profit. All are either idiots -or puppets of big pharma. Nothing left of the ethical doctor, who chose his profession for noble reasons and out of curiosity.
Yup. It definately sounds like the doctors there all went to med school in the US.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Go with the herbals for better health .

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go with the herbals for better health .
I go with everything that has a scientific study to back it up. Holistic is the right word, I think.

Example antiviral remedies:

Like:
Ban-Lan-Gen as an antiviral for influenza. I used it also against Dengue fever with great success.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4383212/

Also, look up : Sambucus Nigra

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3899428/

I cure all family illnesses for over 20 years, using doctors only to confirm a diagnosis and for lab-tests.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I go with everything that has a scientific study to back it up. Holistic is the right word, I think.

Like:
Ban-Lan-Gen as an antiviral for influenza. I used it also against Dengue fever with great success.

I cure all family illnesses for over 20 years, using doctors only to confirm a diagnosis and for lab-tests.
Very interesting !!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Like:

I am a firm believer in using herbals and holistic instead of medication when I can. I use CBD for many things daily.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am a firm believer in using herbals and holistic instead of medication when I can. I use CBD for many things daily.
CBD oil does not seam to have any effect on me, but my daughter who has MS swears by it.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cbd effects are so minor chances are you won't notice them.
I wouldn’t say that is true. It depends on what your using and how your intaking. Vaping seems to give the fastest “feeling” where gel caps take time. Both reduce inflammation, but without THC there is no high.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn’t say that is true. It depends on what your using and how your intaking. Vaping seems to give the fastest “feeling” where gel caps take time. Both reduce inflammation, but without THC there is no high.
Let me reword that. If you aren't having tons of inflammation, pain, are in overall good health, and aren't having an anxiety attacks CBDs effects will be minor enough that it is hard to tell if is doing anything.

Now if you are in pain, have lots of inflammation, using it to treat IBS or seizures(along with other diseases too), and/or using to stop an axiety attack the effects are amazing!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The synergy with THC and CBD is the real ticket. Now they are researching more into CBG and the effects provided with this.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The synergy with THC and CBD is the real ticket. Now they are researching more into CBG and the effects provided with this.
Its a brave new world for people who don't smoke it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know this will start a war, or paint me as anti-whatever, but I think that if there were a single medicinal use for anything in cannabis, the pharma companies would have made darn sure it never became legalized. They let it slide because they know there isn't much value to them. I have no problem with people using it, but I think it is way over-hyped. Pot is to the drug world what supplements are to the supplement world. Lots of hype, small positive effects at best.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know this will start a war, or paint me as anti-whatever, but I think that if there were a single medicinal use for anything in cannabis, the pharma companies would have made darn sure it never became legalized. They let it slide because they know there isn't much value to them. I have no problem with people using it, but I think it is way over-hyped. Pot is to the drug world what supplements are to the supplement world. Lots of hype, small positive effects at best.
I've got my popcorn ready!!!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have to fully disagree. It shown quite effect for seizures. Also only effective pain treatment for TMJ disorder. It's not a wonder-drug like people make it out to be, but it is very effective a certain things

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have to fully disagree. It shown quite effect for seizures. Also only effective pain treatment for TMJ disorder. It's not a wonder-drug like people make it out to be, but it is very effective a certain things
How many studies show it's effective for seizures? (maybe I'm wrong...seriously open but skeptical)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also - keep in mind that CBD is not technically legal in purified form and HAS been sort of ear marked, which I would supports the theory even further.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, you held back. I am estimating there are probably roughly 2 dozen at least decent studies on seizures and CBD. Many, many of which deal with a specific disorder.

Also, admittedly, I am kind of the student here because the extent of my research has been somewhat "news" level as I haven't had much personal interest here...so Maybe I can learn and I am pretty sure you may be the guy to learn me.

And, as with all of the studies above, these studies all have a curious thing in common. While a few go back as far as 5 years ago, the vast majority of the studies have taken place since 2016. It is suddenly the flavor of the day it seems.

Like I said, I may just be a skeptic, but this is interesting to me.

It appears to me that there was little interest in this compound until it suddenly might become something everyone could get without a prescription , then suddenly a bunch of research started happening (funding), which may suggest someone is desperately trying to figure out if they need to and can go to the FDA to get classification.

Also, I find it very interesting (and maybe you know how this works) that everyone espouses how CBD has no neurological effects, yet the only potential medical use is directly neurological? I can imagine the neuro effects could be downstream of the direct effects, but it is still an effect.

I understand it doesn't get you high, but given the evidence of permanent alterations in cognitive function with cannabis use, getting high is not really the issue.

So, I guess the point may be wrong - maybe there is something we don't know about that gives it a benefit, but the pharma companies would have fought back. The CBD/seizure thing may be that issue...and you can see there is some funding there for a TON of studies in the past 2 years. Some have impressive results. Still a lot of uncertainty.

Also, all the funding will likely yield evidence of how the cannabinoid receptors work so that the pharma companies can develop a better, more targeted drug and CBD will never actually be used for anything.

There is evidence that agmatine stops seizures as well. It won't be considered a medical treatment anytime soon.

I hope I am coming across in the right way here - it is an interesting discussion but I feel the "other side" often gets over looked and while I could learn more about the popular side of cannabis use, I've seen very little compelling evidence that it has much medicinal use.

I also think the "medical marijuana" thing works against the people who espouse it. It is a recreational drug. It has a tolerable safety profile for recreational use. You should be aloud to use it if you choose. I mean, if you can drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, how is marijuana different?

But when people start trying to say it is "medical" it requires a level of proof that works against the people making the argument.

I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Let me reword that. If you aren't having tons of inflammation, pain, are in overall good health, and aren't having an anxiety attacks CBDs effects will be minor enough that it is hard to tell if is doing anything.

Now if you are in pain, have lots of inflammation, using it to treat IBS or seizures(along with other diseases too), and/or using to stop an axiety attack the effects are amazing!
HIT4ME

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, you held back. I am estimating there are probably roughly 2 dozen at least decent studies on seizures and CBD. Many, many of which deal with a specific disorder.

Also, admittedly, I am kind of the student here because the extent of my research has been somewhat "news" level as I haven't had much personal interest here...so Maybe I can learn and I am pretty sure you may be the guy to learn me.

And, as with all of the studies above, these studies all have a curious thing in common. While a few go back as far as 5 years ago, the vast majority of the studies have taken place since 2016. It is suddenly the flavor of the day it seems.

It appears to me that there was little interest in this compound until it suddenly might become something everyone could get without a prescription , then suddenly a bunch of research started happening (funding), which may suggest someone is desperately trying to figure out if they need to and can go to the FDA to get classification.

Also, I find it very interesting (and maybe you know how this works) that everyone espouses how CBD has no neurological effects, yet the only potential medical use is directly neurological? I can imagine the neuro effects could be downstream of the direct effects, but it is still an effect.

I understand it doesn't get you high, but given the evidence of permanent alterations in cognitive function with cannabis use, getting high is not really the issue.

So, I guess the point may be wrong - maybe there is something we don't know about that gives it a benefit, but the pharma companies would have fought back. The CBD/seizure thing may be that issue...and you can see there is some funding there for a TON of studies in the past 2 years. Some have impressive results. Still a lot of uncertainty.

Also, all the funding will likely yield evidence of how the cannabinoid receptors work so that the pharma companies can develop a better, more targeted drug and CBD will never actually be used for anything.

There is evidence that agmatine stops seizures as well. It won't be considered a medical treatment anytime soon.

I hope I am coming across in the right way here - it is an interesting discussion but I feel the "other side" often gets over looked and while I could learn more about the popular side of cannabis use, I've seen very little compelling evidence that it has much medicinal use.

I also think the "medical marijuana" thing works against the people who espouse it. It is a recreational drug. It has a tolerable safety profile for recreational use. You should be aloud to use it if you choose. I mean, if you can drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, how is marijuana different?

But when people start trying to say it is "medical" it requires a level of proof that works against the people making the argument.

Biggest reason for studyies not occurring much before 2016, is due to really restricted regulations and the studies. It made it nearly impossible to study, but at the end of 2015 they relaxed a bit and made it bit easier to study

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Also another way to see cbd as it is kind of like naltrexone. It can exactly inhibit the action of some endocannabinoids. Thus causing upregulation of the receptors and can even cause growth of new receptors. Thus when cbd is out the system your natural cannabinoids, are much more stronger. This is why cbd, and especially CBC, are being look at for treating anxiety disorders.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Biggest reason for studyies not occurring much before 2016, is due to really restricted regulations and the studies. It made it nearly impossible to study, but at the end of 2015 they relaxed a bit and made it bit easier to study
Pharma companies and researchers study things all the time that are restricted though, right? And there are plenty of cannabis studies that have been going on for decades; regardless of the restrictions.

It's an interesting topic, you've done some good research.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pharma companies and researchers study things all the time that are restricted though, right? And there are plenty of cannabis studies that have been going on for decades; regardless of the restrictions.

cannabis is still US federal scheduled drug though - correct? there go any federal grants to study it. and unless done recent in few us states (with no federal money) - not much studies could legally been done. maybe study done by asking/testing illegal smokers - but not university actual getting delivery of marijuana? Even new fda approved epidiolex drug still at/below federal 0.3% thc limit - it just dosed at 100mg = big dose.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not sure what you mean here?
Since I don’t have the time to write long wall posts like you I just came in to say basically the same thing he wrote. So I quoted him and tagged you. I guess I should have added a “this”?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
cannabis is still US federal scheduled drug though - correct? there go any federal grants to study it. and unless done recent in few us states (with no federal money) - not much studies could legally been done. maybe study done by asking/testing illegal smokers - but not university actual getting delivery of marijuana? Even new fda approved epidiolex drug still at/below federal 0.3% thc limit - it just dosed at 100mg = big dose.
Not really sure of the legality. I do know that even 15 years ago I was reading studies being conducted on cannabis and it has been pretty steady since. A lot of them, as you said, were observational, in mice, etc. But also keep in mind not all research is conducted at universities.

And more to your point, there still is no federal funding for marijuana studies, it is still federally illegal, and the increase in studies over the last 2 years has still been extreme. Legal leniency may account for some increase - but far from all of it. The funding has to come from somewhere for one thing.

Since I don’t have the time to write long wall posts like you I just came in to say basically the same thing he wrote. So I quoted him and tagged you. I guess I should have added a “this”?
Lol, I don't blame you. I don't have time to write most of my posts! Haha. I need to learn something about efficiency from you.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not really sure of the legality. I do know that even 15 years ago I was reading studies being conducted on cannabis and it has been pretty steady since. A lot of them, as you said, were observational, in mice, etc. But also keep in mind not all research is conducted at universities.

And more to your point, there still is no federal funding for marijuana studies, it is still federally illegal, and the increase in studies over the last 2 years has still been extreme. Legal leniency may account for some increase - but far from all of it. The funding has to come from somewhere for one thing.

Lol, I don't blame you. I don't have time to write most of my posts! Haha. I need to learn something about efficiency from you.
Studies could always been done, but it had to be approved by the FDA to do the research. And FDA has been saying no to most. However, at the end of 2015 they got a new people in high up administration roles, and they were way more lenient. Thus research has had an up tick. Also look in the organization MAPS, they been doing a lot of groundbreaking research with psychedelics

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm back, having some real life trouble and less time to log.

Noted some acne on my back. Normally don't have ever acne. It isn't bad -but I think I should take a few days off. I read its recommended to get off a few days every 4 weeks or so. Anyone heard of this too?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm back, having some real life trouble and less time to log.

Noted some acne on my back. Normally don't have ever acne. It isn't bad -but I think I should take a few days off. I read its recommended to get off a few days every 4 weeks or so. Anyone heard of this too?
Have not heard that much about taking time off during a run. I personally run straight through and not had that issue.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

not really.. its schedule 1 so its next to impossible to research with out the specific authority. its kinda hard to study things that are in direct sights of the law. you cant possess it for any reason because its deemed worthless to medicine.

I for one have had a lifetime of severe to moderate pain from a hit and run accident when i was 14. thankfully i didnt like taking pills for pain back then and i still dont till this day. you should have seen the script they gave a 14 yr old kid for pain meds.. its was freaking redic. i would have died by the time i was 20 had i just used that first bottle of pills.. its was like a 200 count bottle of hydro's !!! fast forward till now and i do rely on pot for pain management. regardless of how you feel about it and what any science might say, its use allows me to function pretty regularly in society. i wouldnt say i kills the pain, rather it takes my mind off of it and allows me to focus on tasks at hand. trust when i say too, that after 30+ yrs of medicinal pot, i do not get high at all any more. so theres that too.. my tolerence is so high that i only use dabs these days and rarely burn anything for the sake of my lungs and avoiding chronic lung issues.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have not heard that much about taking time off during a run. I personally run straight through and not had that issue.
As I said, its not as bad as tomato sized pimples -but my wife started following me around the house , eager to pop the pimples, it gets annoying.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i regularly take a week off here and there.. I think its a smart play to let the tendons relax and heal a little bit every so often. i dont take time during cycle though.. usually at the end of a really large volume push for extended time periods.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I should take a little more time off than I do, but I will be away from the gym travelling this week

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As I said, its not as bad as tomato sized pimples -but my wife started following me around the house , eager to pop the pimples, it gets annoying.
What is it with wives wanting to pop your pimples?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should take a little more time off than I do, but I will be away from the gym travelling this week
Some time off will do you good!

My body always tells me when it's time to take a week off. My strength will drop for 2-3 workouts then the break begins. I'm good for maybe 9 weeks now days. Use to be 12-14 in my 40's.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took a week off to see if the acne on my back was caused by the TD's and started again with "Neuro P5" and "Neuro DHEA".

Its the second day applying it and I just feel better. Sleep is deeper and during the day, I feel better than without them. Its so slightly -but it makes a difference. Even if my back acne is caused by it, its well worth it.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Acne did not come back. Still having enough left for a week. Truly enjoying it. Had to up a bit the AI dosage -but it was expected.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I'm a week or so on on. 5 of neuro once a day. The libido boost is intense, what the hell?

BTW, does it matter if I apply morning or evening?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So I'm a week or so on on. 5 of neuro once a day. The libido boost is intense, what the hell?

BTW, does it matter if I apply morning or evening?

I like mornings, it makes my stims work better.

iconic and iron legion are having BOGO sales, better stock up...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE