love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I pray for you often Wiked! I will continue! It really takes a lot to open up like that too! ...I'll be praying for your coworker's baby as well Afi

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You will overcome, Wicked! The Big Guy's got your back! Prayers brother.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How God Uses Pain
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
02-04-2015

"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things" (Isa 45:7).
God will use pain in order to create a love relationship with His creation. This statement may challenge your theology. However, consider that God allowed Jesus to experience incredible pain in order to create an opportunity to have a relationship with His creation. Consider how Jesus created a relationship with Paul. He blinded him and used a crisis in his life in order to bring him into a relationship with him and use him for God's purposes. Consider how God recruited Jonah for the mission He had for him.

This is not God's first choice for His creation. Romans 2:4 reveals that God's preference is to show mercy and kindness: "Or do you show contempt for the riches of His kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?" The problem is there are few people who respond to the goodness of God. God loves people more than He loves their comfort. He invests a great deal into mankind. He desires relationship with us and will go to great lengths to create such a relationship in order for us to receive the rewards and inheritance He has for us.

I have observed this process in the scriptures in working with people through years of ministry. I have noticed three distinct stages. First, we live based on convenience. Our obedience is largely based on circumstances in our lives. We choose to obey based on the circumstances.

The second stage is the crisis stage. God allows a crisis to come into our lives. We are motivated to obey God in order to get out of the pain of our situation. Many times God allows us to stay in this condition in order to demonstrate His love and faithfulness during our pain. Gradually, we discover something new about God and often have a personal encounter with Him that changes us. Our very nature is affected by this God-encounter.

This begins to move us into a third phase that is a relationship that is motivated now by love and devotion instead of pain. This is where God desires us to be.
Another way of saying this is we are no longer seeking His hand. We are seeking Him. We want to know God personally.

Obedience will not last when the motivation is only the removal of our pain. Obedience only lasts when the motivation is loving devotion. Where are you in your obedience and what is the primary motivation? If it isn't love, why not tell the Lord you love Him today and want to know Him for who He is and not for what He can do for you.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You often hear the cliche "god won't give you more than you can take." I'm a firm believer that it is a false statement.

You see, in my life it is far too often that there is more than I can take. It causes me to spend my time depending upon Him for things that are beyond my ability to handle.

When a man or woman is experiencing more than they can take they are finally at a point where they can depend on no one but God - no longer their own ability. He finds joy in finding you depending upon Him - He's our father after all. he loves us and desires us to rely on Him.

It's sad that most will never experience reliance on God because "they can handle it". I'm blessed that I can!

Nice song none the less...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You often hear the cliche "god won't give you more than you can take." I'm a firm believer that it is a false statement. You see, in my life it is far too often that there is more than I can take. It causes me to spend my time depending upon Him for things that are beyond my ability to handle. When a man or woman is experiencing more than they can take they are finally at a point where they can depend on no one but God - no longer their own ability. He finds joy in finding you depending upon Him - He's our father after all. he loves us and desires us to rely on Him. It's sad that most will never experience reliance on God because "they can handle it". I'm blessed that I can! Nice song none the less... <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9SeBuNHAsE">YouTube Link</a>
I needed this and definitely needed the song. We give God our problems to solve but we often stand around telling Him to hurry up; bothering Him as he fixes them. We just need to let go and trust Him and his timing...

T

Tigers333

Awards
I would like to request prayer in the loss of brotherhood with a close friend and for the motivation to find value in myself (partly by outgrowing him).

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to request prayer in the loss of brotherhood with a close friend and for the motivation to find value in myself (partly by outgrowing him).
praying for you

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Praying for you!

Shel_23

Shel_23

Awards
Don't post much anymore mainly just follow along, but I stumbled upon this and right now I'd like to ask anyone to keep my little brother in their prayers. He really needs it right now as he is currently not in a good mental state, no one in my family really knows what to do right now other than to pray. Thank you.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Don't post much anymore mainly just follow along, but I stumbled upon this and right now I'd like to ask anyone to keep my little brother in their prayers. He really needs it right now as he is currently not in a good mental state, no one in my family really knows what to do right now other than to pray. Thank you.
I'll keep you in my prayers brother. Didn't even knw this thread existed but it's neat how supportive people are in this forum. Hoping your brother and family get some much needed relief. Obviously I'm not familiar with your situation but best of luck, and may everything eventually works out.

Shel_23

Shel_23

Awards
I'll keep you in my prayers brother. Didn't even knw this thread existed but it's neat how supportive people are in this forum. Hoping your brother and family get some much needed relief. Obviously I'm not familiar with your situation but best of luck, and may everything eventually works out.
Thank you, I really appreciate that.

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
I know exactly what you're going through. Be patient and above all else, don't abandon him (no matter how difficult it gets). As much as it seems that this is not the case, much of it is not really in their control. That's when prayers come in...

Edit: sorry quoted the wrong post. Meant for shel.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Father, at times I get consumed by fear and anxiety, regrets and shame. I know these are not from you but my enemy. I pray for your Spirit to help me set my sights on you and the comfort, peace, and hope I can find in you. Please restore joy to my heart. In your Son's name!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would like to pray for everyone and myself. If we hold on just a little bit longer, everything will be ok.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Lots of love and good peeps around here. Prayers going out to each and one of you. May you all find strength to get over your hardships and trials.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would appreciate prayer for my wife, our second baby, and myself. She is 34 weeks and we were at the hospital all night. She had contractions and at first they said her water broke then they said it didn't. She was having bad contractions and they were going to induce-45 minutes later they sent us home. It was a crazy night and morning. I know it was answered prayer but I just don't know how log she will stay in etc. just want a healthy baby girl. Appreciate the prayers.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would appreciate prayer for my wife, our second baby, and myself. She is 34 weeks and we were at the hospital all night. She had contractions and at first they said her water broke then they said it didn't. She was having bad contractions and they were going to induce-45 minutes later they sent us home. It was a crazy night and morning. I know it was answered prayer but I just don't know how log she will stay in etc. just want a healthy baby girl. Appreciate the prayers.
Prayers to you and your family! ?

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Afi40 praying for safe delivery and a healthy mom and baby!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Praying now man

S

smithstetics

Awards
Please pray for my gyno and problems with lust. The gyno has killed my confidence and self esteem. Everyday I wake up and and stare at it hoping itll go away.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread reminds me, that we all have our burden to carry and that there are still good- and caring people in this world.
I'm glad to be part of this forum community.
Even though I'm not religious, my thoughts and best wishes are with you all.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
^Thanks man. appreciate it

smithstetics I'll be praying for you

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol. So far so good! At an appointment now. She is 38 weeks so definitely answered prayer! I'll keep you guys updated :)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435197648.219137.jpg

God answered prayers. Healthy 38 week baby girl! Thanks guys and gals. God is good! Now let's pray for a sleeper lol.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What a beauty! Congrats!

S

smithstetics

Awards
pray that i can get over the girl i was dating, still torn up over it

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
smithstetics praying for you

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awww, congrats! She's absolutely beautiful and healthy!!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
pray that i can get over the girl i was dating, still torn up over it
Take your time to heal. Being hurt and dealing with your emotions do not make you weak, it means you're strong enough to face them. : prayers:

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cuz he's a little biatch!!!!

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
don't get the panties in a bunch now

say some prayers, that will calm you.. the cure for everything
Anthony why are you being so confrontational with everyone?

This is a prayer request thread, not a lets belittle the notion of prayer and those who utilize it. Have some respect.

This is a great forum with amazing members, acting like that is a good way to get yourself banned.

Relax brother, we are all friends here.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why would we want to toughen up in our own strength when we have access to the creator and can ask him for super natural strength? Just sayin.

Either way it's all good-was just done in poor taste Imo.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
don't get the panties in a bunch now

say some prayers, that will calm you.. the cure for everything
If you look at my log, you'll see that my panties are definitely not bunched up.

I don't know how long you'll stay around but the people on this forum support each other, share their dreams, goals, and struggles. This forum has helped many of us. Sometimes it's easier to talk to strangers and sometimes strangers become family. :)

allprsnl

allprsnl

Awards
I clicked that Anthony's profile and it says banned. He can still be prayed for even if he was an antagonizer. Great thread guys!

allprsnl

allprsnl

Awards
I'm really happy to see something like this here within the bodybuilding/weightlifting community

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm really happy to see something like this here within the bodybuilding/weightlifting community
This community is pretty awesome. 99% of the people on here are extremely supportive.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
This is why i started lifting, ex put me down all the time, made me feel like crap about myself, I left her, moved home for awhile and started going to the gym everyday. I must have gone to the gym almost everyday for 2 years, as counter productive as that sounds it was all psychological. Its funny though because i met my fiancee in the first six months i was lifting before i looked anywhere near what i look like now and when i had a terribly low self esteem. I always remember that she liked me for me, not because of how i looked and she really helped me build my confidence which translated into other things in life. I've changed so much over the past few years and i always look up and acknowledge how lucky i am

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
Prayers that my back heals up fast, just found out I have herniated disks in it :'(

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Prayers that my back heals up fast, just found out I have herniated disks in it :'(
Ouch! Prayers to you. You'll be ok. :)