Potassium Nitrate kno3 bulk source?

619sss

Awards
Looking for Potassium Nitrate kno3 bulk source for pump? Anyone!?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I read somewhere that it is available at stores catering to the beer and wine making crowd and cheaply, at that.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read somewhere that it is available at stores catering to the beer and wine making crowd and cheaply, at that.
Interesting. I tried searching 3 different large wine/beer making stores and couldn't find anything.

One can find it cheap from chemistry hobby supply type stores, but one might also wonder if those sources are safe for human consumption.

I don't know how much longer they'll be available, but Iforce has bulk kno3. Olympus has it too, in Hydro3. For the same price you get kno3 and hydromax, which is pretty cool.

gnbbc

gnbbc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. I tried searching 3 different large wine/beer making stores and couldn't find anything.

One can find it cheap from chemistry hobby supply type stores, but one might also wonder if those sources are safe for human consumption.

I don't know how much longer they'll be available, but Iforce has bulk kno3. Olympus has it too, in Hydro3. For the same price you get kno3 and hydromax, which is pretty cool.
+1 on OL Hydro3, best value IMO

619sss

Awards
Well I found some so cheap but there are too many cautious on using it, toxic ,etc????

smokedust.co.uk/store/product_info.php/products_id/87

amazon.co.uk/500g-Saltpetre-99-9-assay-Potassium-nitrate/dp/B0096BVY18

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't mess with this stuff. It is not safe for human consumption. The supplement is not just "powder to cure meat" in a capsule. There is more to it, which explains the much higher price tag.

gnbbc

gnbbc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't mess with this stuff. It is not safe for human consumption. The supplement is not just "powder to cure meat" in a capsule. There is more to it, which explains the much higher price tag.
I agree, you can find Hydro3 for $20 and you can get up to 60 workouts out it! No brainer , this sh1t will last forever ;)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
The last time I looked it was just KNO3 and vitamin C in those supplements (granted that was a couple of years ago). Meat-curing ingredients are all food grade, so if you have a sensitive scale to weight it with, it should be the same. Vitamin C is for anti-oxidant properties because KNO3 is oxidative.

That said I did pick up 500g locally here and didn't like it very much. I have pre-existing low blood pressure so this wasn't good for me. I just load up on agmatine instead.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I agree, you can find Hydro3 for $20 and you can get up to 60 workouts out it! No brainer , this sh1t will last forever ;)
Thats an awesome deal! 33 cents a workout is way better than buying two tubs of bulk powder and a scale. Nice!

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The last time I looked it was just KNO3 and vitamin C in those supplements (granted that was a couple of years ago). Meat-curing ingredients are all food grade, so if you have a sensitive scale to weight it with, it should be the same. Vitamin C is for anti-oxidant properties because KNO3 is oxidative.

That said I did pick up 500g locally here and didn't like it very much. I have pre-existing low blood pressure so this wasn't good for me. I just load up on agmatine instead.
Are you sure it is the same ingredient? I had a discussion with a guy working in a "R & D" department at a supplement company explaining to me, that the meat curing KNO3 had still to be "transformed" in an edible version, even at the low doses that are required. Using a mg scale and powder is not really a hassle at all. If this was really only the meat curing powder and vitamin C, it would be a lot cheaper to buy the plain powder.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure it is the same ingredient? I had a discussion with a guy working in a "R & D" department at a supplement company explaining to me, that the meat curing KNO3 had still to be "transformed" in an edible version, even at the low doses that are required. Using a mg scale and powder is not really a hassle at all. If this was really only the meat curing powder and vitamin C, it would be a lot cheaper to buy the plain powder.
They should be chemically identical, but there are other ingredients used to cure meat, so make sure you're buying 'food-grade potassium nitrate'. That said, I'm not a chemist, so if anyone knows of a reason why they would be different, please let us know.

Honestly, for 33 cents a workout, that supplement mentioned above will be a time saver, and you'll likely spend a lot for the bulk ingredients since KNO3 is sold in huge quantities that you would never use (I had to buy 500g...I have about 499.5 left hahaha), and you need an anti-oxidant to go with it.

Additionally, if you overdose, you will go into a hypotensive crisis. Nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, and general malaise that doesn't go away for hours due to long half-life (this happened to me...it was awful).

As someone who has bought lots of bulk ingredients and owns a capping kit, I would recommend avoiding the hassle for anything as cheap as 33 cents a dose. Agmatine, on the other hand, I buy by the KG because the price difference is huge and the taste is fine.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They should be chemically identical, but there are other ingredients used to cure meat, so make sure you're buying 'food-grade potassium nitrate'. That said, I'm not a chemist, so if anyone knows of a reason why they would be different, please let us know.

Honestly, for 33 cents a workout, that supplement mentioned above will be a time saver, and you'll likely spend a lot for the bulk ingredients since KNO3 is sold in huge quantities that you would never use (I had to buy 500g...I have about 499.5 left hahaha), and you need an anti-oxidant to go with it.

Additionally, if you overdose, you will go into a hypotensive crisis. Nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, and general malaise that doesn't go away for hours due to long half-life (this happened to me...it was awful).

As someone who has bought lots of bulk ingredients and owns a capping kit, I would recommend avoiding the hassle for anything as cheap as 33 cents a dose. Agmatine, on the other hand, I buy by the KG because the price difference is huge and the taste is fine.
I would never do it anyways, I was just surprised that you are saying that the food grade potassium nitrate was the same stuff, especially after the discussion I had with this guy.

Yeah, Agmatine is good stuff.

619sss

Awards
I would never do it anyways, I was just surprised that you are saying that the food grade potassium nitrate was the same stuff, especially after the discussion I had with this guy.

Yeah, Agmatine is good stuff.
At what dosage you run Agmatine for its effectiveness not placebo?

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
At what dosage you run Agmatine for its effectiveness not placebo?
If you get it cheap in bulk, I like 2-3g. Otherwise 1g is still good. Not sure what other people enjoy.