Post Your Best Proats Recipes And Win Select

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been busy these last few weeks with school/work. Will try to make the time to put up a thorough review this weekend. Thus far, I have tried it in instant oats (side by side comparison with the quaker packets as well) and cream of wheat. Might try a shake soon. How much liquid are you guys putting in it when/if you drink it?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been busy these last few weeks with school/work. Will try to make the time to put up a thorough review this weekend. Thus far, I have tried it in instsnt oats (side by side comparison with the quaker packets as well) and cream of wheat. Might try a shake soon. How much liquid are you guys putting in it when/if you drink it?
Thanks Jim for updating us and take your time we all have busy schedules. I have not personally tried it as a shake so I can't give much input on that part.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It mixes thinner than Select, so I would go maybe 75% the normal amount you use

It is actually great in a shake, Maple Brown Sugar is my favourite there as well.

After trying all 3 now:
MBS > PB&H > AC
For me personally.

Just started vacation and getting back in the kitchen so I'll be dropping some recipes in here as well, fits the theme. Just re-did my Maple Brown Sugar Banana Bread and killed it. It is gluten-free and I would say no added sugar but... bananas lol. So I just went with it and also added in butterscotch chips damn tasty though.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This still going on?
I'm not a frequent proats guy but would throw my hat in. :D

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We have wrapped this up but always open to new recipe ideas for proats!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very sad day. The bottom of my first bag of PB and honey P4O... RIP

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, here goes:

At this time, I will only be discussing the P4O in Oats; although, I have had it one time in cream of wheat.

I had a picture to post, but the app says the forum has disallowed that function.

Anyway, I will be actively comparing this flavor to the Quaker Instant Apples + Cinnamon that it is based on. I used this in instant oats, which PES does not recommend, but it is the only way I eat oats.

Firstly, this tastes absolutely nothing like the Quaker flavor. Anyone that says otherwise has not had the Quaker oats in a long enough time to remember what it tastes like.

Taste: the powder has an overwhelming cinnamon aroma and the flavor is nearly all cinnamon. I cannot think of a single time that I tasted anything more than the faintest hint of apple, and most times I didn't even get that. This is not necessarily a bad thing, if you are a fan of cinnamon, but do not buy this expecting much apple flavor (if any at all).

Texture: blended easily into the oats without any powder clumps to bite into. It did make the oats a little "sludge"-like, but it wasn't unpleasant.

Ease: as mentioned, it blended easily with a spoon in the cooked oats. I found that anything more than 1/8 of a cup per packet was overwhelmingly strong. 1/4 of a cup is usable in 2 packets, for anyone that uses instant packets.

Value: honestly, not sure about this. I don't generally eat proats, so I can't say this is a huge improvement in my proat situation. I am not sure the cost adds up as far as cost per serving compared to other protein powders. The flavor for this one is not great for me. I would have liked more apple than cinnamon.

To be frank, I expected this to be my least favorite flavor, which is why I requested it. If you are a huge fan of cinnamon flavor, then you will probably enjoy this.

compan

compan

Awards
I've been mixing the PB & Honey into overnight oats with an added tablespoon of Chia seeds the last couple of days...delicious.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've really been enjoying the maple Brown syrup flavor P4O ever since I smashed the last of my PB honey! Been adding a chopped banana to it and it is just plain delightful!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been mixing the PB & Honey into overnight oats with an added tablespoon of Chia seeds the last couple of days...delicious.

This.. I have to try. Looks gooooodd..

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I wasnt a big fan of the Apple Cinnamon since it tasted too strong of a cinnamon for my liking...

But made up this mixture last night and it was AMAZING. Crush up the apple pie oreo and then added some apple pie seasoning (oh my spice) and it evened everything out. And of course light whipped cream because :)

download.png

boflex78

boflex78

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see more people trying the overnight oats, easily my favorite way to go and to bring out the flavor of P4O

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasnt a big fan of the Apple Cinnamon since it tasted too strong of a cinnamon for my liking...

But made up this mixture last night and it was AMAZING. Crush up the apple pie oreo and then added some apple pie seasoning (oh my spice) and it evened everything out. And of course light whipped cream because :)

View attachment 156969
Those apple pie Oreos didn't sound good before I tried them but my wife snagged a package to try and I was pretty pleased with them. This sounds good for sprucing up some apple cinnamon P4Os.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Recipes using each P4O are going live on my pages, will transfer onto our recipe section here soon as well!

Brown Sugar Banana Bread lands tomorrow, my fave so far.

Those looking for more macro friendly should check out the Apple Cinn. Softies, I've gone through 2 batches now

IMG_0580.jpg

Beyond easy to make, too.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recipes using each P4O are going live on my pages, will transfer onto our recipe section here soon as well!

Brown Sugar Banana Bread lands tomorrow, my fave so far.

Those looking for more macro friendly should check out the Apple Cinn. Softies, I've gone through 2 batches now

View attachment 157130

Beyond easy to make, too.
Wow those softies look delicious! I probably would have gone through 4 batches by now with the looks! I'll have to try these.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Where do I get the recipe for these softies?!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Where do I get the recipe for these softies?!
Instagram or Facebook Whey2Bake

Will post up to recipe section here too once at my pc later

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had to try this in some cream of wheat since I saw some others talking about it. I also went with a 1/8 cup instead of the full 1/4 c of P4O. This made a world of difference! Taste was very good and not so overpowering like it was with a full scoop. As to be expected, it mixed great as well. I will have to try either doubling the oats or doing half on the P4O to see how well it goes like that with oats. As I type this, I'm debating on whether or not to get seconds on the CoW with the P4O. Lol!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

View attachment 156969
I'll have to try adding in some of the apple pie spice! I saw some in the store the other day and almost got some to try in the P4O as well! I'm not going to say great minds think alike as I wouldn't want to insult you by lumping you in with my not-so-great mind. Lol!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to try adding in some of the apple pie spice! I saw some in the store the other day and almost got some to try in the P4O as well! I'm not going to say great minds think alike as I wouldn't want to insult you by lumping you in with my not-so-great mind. Lol!
YES! You are more than welcome to join the club ;) LOL

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
What’s a good starter recipe for “overnight” oats?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Made this for the holiday weekend using the vanilla. It is amazing and you can practically add anything to make it seasonal.

Vanilla with some pure pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Topped which whipped cream, basically eating a pumpkin pie! YUM

download1.png

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had to try this in some cream of wheat since I saw some others talking about it. I also went with a 1/8 cup instead of the full 1/4 c of P4O. This made a world of difference! Taste was very good and not so overpowering like it was with a full scoop. As to be expected, it mixed great as well. I will have to try either doubling the oats or doing half on the P4O to see how well it goes like that with oats. As I type this, I'm debating on whether or not to get seconds on the CoW with the P4O. Lol!
I have never tried cream of wheat (I get a lot of stomach pain when I eat wheat lol). I have seen loads of people using cream of rice recently like it is becoming a new trendy ingredient. Maybe I find some and give that a go? It just looked like baby food from the Instagram photo I saw lol.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It is exactly like baby food lol but great once it takes on a protein flavour. If I want texture/crunch I add chia/flax/sliced almonds

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Down to my last few scoops of maple. Will only have a few servings of apple cinnamon left before I begin the withdrawal stage. Must restock pronto!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Had this two nights in a row now...

1 scoop PEScience Vanilla
10g oats
40g egg whites
60g pumpkin
Dash of Cinnamon

Top with peanut butter filled pretzel bites and of course fat free whipped cream.

download.png

Directions:

In a bowl add oats and a little bit of water to cover the oats.
Microwave for 30 seconds.
Add the egg whites and cinnamon to the half cooked oats, beat the egg whites so they start to bubble
Microwave for 20 seconds.
Add pumpkin and protein and mix.
Will get fluffy and voluminous.
Top with whatever!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had this two nights in a row now...

1 scoop PEScience Vanilla
10g oats
40g egg whites
60g pumpkin
Dash of Cinnamon

Top with peanut butter filled pretzel bites and of course fat free whipped cream.

View attachment 157803

Directions:

In a bowl add oats and a little bit of water to cover the oats.
Microwave for 30 seconds.
Add the egg whites and cinnamon to the half cooked oats, beat the egg whites so they start to bubble
Microwave for 20 seconds.
Add pumpkin and protein and mix.
Will get fluffy and voluminous.
Top with whatever!
Wow that looks different! Yum. Love the pumpkin touch added.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Missing me some PB honey so bad. Who all cashed in on some black Friday P4O's?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to bump old thread, however I found my new favorite combination if I need a grab and go in the morning.

Powerful Overnight Oats
1% Fairlife Milk
PES Protein 4 Oats

370 Cals
40 Carbs
7 Fat
42 Protein

20180920_081358.jpeg

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to bump old thread, however I found my new favorite combination if I need a grab and go in the morning.

Powerful Overnight Oats
1% Fairlife Milk
PES Protein 4 Oats

370 Cals
40 Carbs
7 Fat
42 Protein

View attachment 171475
Interesting brother. Thanks for sharing. Those macros are on point for a morning boost in protein and carbs.