Pondering A Misconception About Nettle Root

green1990

Awards
Just a random thought but I was wondering if what is commonly know as 95%((-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran was called that by a manufacturer because of it's ability to displace DHT from SHBG by 95% and does not represent it's purity at 95%.

"Also, lignans from Stinging Nettle may interfere with Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) and prevent it from associated with androgens and estrogens. A 10% hydroalcoholic extract can decrease binding of DHT to SHBG by up to 67%, and slightly lesser effects are seen with aqueous extracts.[20][21] The inhibition appears to be dose dependent in vitro.[22] Isolated lignans retain this potency, inhibiting and even displacing DHT from SHGB by 60%(Secoisolariciresinol), 73%(enterofuran) and 95%((-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran).[5]"

That was an quote I got off examine.com, when I saw this I was wondering if that was where all the hype came from about ((-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran; instead of representing purity at the 95% level it represents the amount it can inhibit and displace dht at its at 95% effective at doing so in vitro. Thoughts?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im not sure about that.. but I do see what your saying and hmm makes good sense for a conspiracy