Pinky blown up

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
After every gym session, my pinky is now swelling up, where I can't even bend it most of the way. I've tried changing up my grip... just curious if this happened to anyone else?

20210809_211123.jpg

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
is it hot to touch? does icing help? do you have RA? what other symptoms? how does it feel?

perhaps topical oregano oil, neem.. Topical turmeric wrap for inflamation.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
@barische basically somehow when pressure is applied on one spot of my pinky, it blows up. Was wondering if anyone training w free weights had this happen w any of their fingers...

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Early signs of tenosynovitis is my guess. Any nodules along the tendons that u can feel? Any restricted motion?

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@barische basically somehow when pressure is applied on one spot of my pinky, it blows up. Was wondering if anyone training w free weights had this happen w any of their fingers...
i think i vaguely remember something like this long time ago. believe it just resolved itself.. perhaps some anti-inflamatory methods oral and topical, icing and giving it time and stretching may be the symptom relief until full healing has occurred. boswellia and turmeric orally may help.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Early signs of tenosynovitis is my guess. Any nodules along the tendons that u can feel? Any restricted motion?
No, no nodules.
Restricted motion due to the swelling.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
i think i vaguely remember something like this long time ago. believe it just resolved itself.. perhaps some anti-inflamatory methods oral and topical, icing and giving it time and stretching may be the symptom relief until full healing has occurred. boswellia and turmeric orally may help.
Thanks... I'll try that.